OT: Whatcha Playin? 4.0

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Yeah is it any good? Anything like Diablo? My wife has like 800-900 hours in Diablo III and she would like something new to play. She didn't like Path of Exile or Titan Quest , so I'm trying to find something new for her.

Grim Dawn is made by the same people as Titan Quest. It is a lot like D2 also. It started really slow but now I'm starting to enjoy it. There is a ton of character customization and the item find seems pretty good.

It is a lot more open ended than D3 and a lot of the time you feel like you have no idea what you're doing.....it's been growing on me the more I play it.

Last edited:

StiffSquid

Nov 17, 2016
North Carolina
Grim Dawn is made by the same people as Titan Quest. It is a lot like D2 also. It started really slow but now I'm starting to enjoy it. There is a ton of character customization and the item find seems pretty good.

It is a lot more open ended than D3 and a lot of the time you feel like you have no idea what you're doing.....it's been growing on me the more I play it.
Her problem with Titan Quest is the weird lock on mechanism that forces you to attack certain enemy without you being able to do anything about it , we didn't find any way out of it. At least Diablo and POE lets you attack the enemy you want to attack.

Man , good year ahead it seems , will get Anthem next month , hopefully it's good. Then Sekiro in March , Code Vein later on and Ghosts of Tsushima. Also Torchlight Frontiers and Warhammer Chaosbane are being released this year , so a lot of good stuff coming up.

Have any of you guys played Wolcen Lords of Mayhem? It looks nice too.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Her problem with Titan Quest is the weird lock on mechanism that forces you to attack certain enemy without you being able to do anything about it , we didn't find any way out of it. At least Diablo and POE lets you attack the enemy you want to attack.

Man , good year ahead it seems , will get Anthem next month , hopefully it's good. Then Sekiro in March , Code Vein later on and Ghosts of Tsushima. Also Torchlight Frontiers and Warhammer Chaosbane are being released this year , so a lot of good stuff coming up.

Have any of you guys played Wolcen Lords of Mayhem? It looks nice too.

I'm looking forward to Wolcen and Lost Ark but haven't played either yet.

I don't remember a lock on mechanism in TQ??? ....but Grim Dawn doesn't have that.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Dead By Daylight is 50% off this weekend on Steam, and it's a Free-To-Play weekend for it. Which is great since I have had my eye on this game for a while as well. Just tried it out as a survivor and it was a bit nerve-wracking but fun

rainbow six siege is a lot of fun even though i am horrible at it
There have been a few games where I actually do really well and then some where I just get stomped on completely :laugh:

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I just keep stock piling games with the best intentions to play... and never do. Just bought Mario Bros U Deluxe, will probably put 2 or 3 hours into it like I did with Odyssey, then never touch it again. Had the house to myself Friday/Saturday, thought hell yeah, time to catch up... played about 30 minutes of RDR2 before going back to doing nothing.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I just keep stock piling games with the best intentions to play... and never do. Just bought Mario Bros U Deluxe, will probably put 2 or 3 hours into it like I did with Odyssey, then never touch it again. Had the house to myself Friday/Saturday, thought hell yeah, time to catch up... played about 30 minutes of RDR2 before going back to doing nothing.
My gaming has fallen off a cliff. Fortunately for me, I’ve realized that and bought very few to just sit I played.

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
I have a ton of games I've never played. I should dig into those. No Mans Sky is kinda played out for me. Destiny 2 is as good as dead. Which is a shame, I've been playing that franchise for several years. Anthem seems like the hot new game.

Reactions: Identity404

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad