OT: Whatcha Playin? 4.0

Boats Ahoes

Apr 28, 2011
Bought myself a Switch a few months ago and haven't looked back. Recently beat Mario Odyssey, and am now playing Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle (which has shattered my expectations). Basically trying to finish my backlog before Smash Bros Ultimate and the new Fire Emblem take up all my free time in 2019.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Bought myself a Switch a few months ago and haven't looked back. Recently beat Mario Odyssey, and am now playing Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle (which has shattered my expectations). Basically trying to finish my backlog before Smash Bros Ultimate and the new Fire Emblem take up all my free time in 2019.
I love my switch so much. Great machine for ports, and there are plenty of great first party games and indies. And I love being able to play with or without a TV. I play undocked a ton.

Boats Ahoes

Apr 28, 2011
I love my switch so much. Great machine for ports, and there are plenty of great first party games and indies. And I love being able to play with or without a TV. I play undocked a ton.

I don't really play undocked since I don't do many long commutes, but it sure is great to have the option!

Played any good games lately? I only own 5 as of now (Zelda, Odyssey, Mario Kart, Mario & Rabbids, Hollow Knight), and am looking to expand the library

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I don't really play undocked since I don't do many long commutes, but it sure is great to have the option!

Played any good games lately? I only own 5 as of now (Zelda, Odyssey, Mario Kart, Mario & Rabbids, Hollow Knight), and am looking to expand the library

Mario Tennis Aces is amazing for multiplayer, haven’t had more fun with any multiplayer game in a long time

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, I haven't played nearly enough, but have loved it.

Also started playing some of the NES games on Switch Online.

I got a 3-day Redbox rental for the game, just because it seemed like one of those that I’d beat once and never play again. I gotta say, I’m tempted to flat out buy it now though, because even if I beat the game over the next few days, I could spend so much time just swinging from building to building and stopping crimes.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011

I mostly play undocked while watching TV or before bed. I have taken it on trips a couple of times. Having two controllers by default is great for some multiplayer.

I got through Mario and Zelda some time ago and I've played a lot of Mario Kart too. Night in the Woods is fun if you're into a story game with an odd but fun story. I got Skyrim since I love that game from other systems. Fun to play occasionally. I got last year's FIFA just because it was good to have on such a versatile system and was on sale.

Recently I've been playing the Mega Man collection and online NES games like I mentioned.

There's other games I want, but I'm trying to be patient and wait for holiday sales.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I reluctantly picked up Destiny 2 again (PC) after a friend told me they improved the game, and addressed a lot of the complaints. I have to say, It's still not great, but it's at least a little more entertaining.
Best Buy was giving away Destiny 2 I think with every game order the other week. I got it free with Spider-Man.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Best Buy was giving away Destiny 2 I think with every game order the other week. I got it free with Spider-Man.

Bungie screwed themselves by releasing a half ass, incomplete sequel to what I thought was a great first iteraton in Destiny 1. The Forsaken DLC should be free, because with that it finally feels like a game worth the original money I paid for it. Instead I've spent $120 now. I'm an idiot, I know.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Picked up Destiny 2 again (X1), not bad, debating buying the recent DLC.

Likely grabbing Mario Party for Switch. Never played one before, but it looks like a great drinking game.

I really liked Golf Story. Enter the Gungeon is really solid. Wish I hadn't bought Hollow Knight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad