What updates would you guys like to see for 20 and beyond?

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yeah you are right lets keep micro transactions for a mode that has nothing to do with hockey so neck beards can take turns glitch goaling.
A hockey mode in a hockey game has nothing to do with hockey... okay. And the gameplay isn't great but it's more hockey-like than the garbage I see in EASHL

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
A hockey mode in a hockey game has nothing to do with hockey... okay. And the gameplay isn't great but it's more hockey-like than the garbage I see in EASHL
Please tell me where trading cards and stat boosts are in the NHL? I guess i been missing shit for the last 35 years and how thats a bigger part of the NHL then 6 individually controlled skaters trying to work together.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I'm sure there have been a lot of great suggestions about the actual game play here, but my main gripe is the lack of jersey options for some teams although I'm sure this is due to an issue with the rights.

They have four versions of the Buffaslug and the Buffalo armpit jersey but they don't have an option to play in a jersey they wore in their first 40 years?

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Please tell me where trading cards and stat boosts are in the NHL? I guess i been missing **** for the last 35 years and how thats a bigger part of the NHL then 6 individually controlled skaters trying to work together.
People Like HUT. That's okay. People like Franchise mode. That's okay. People like EASHL. That's okay. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
So you aren;t going to tell me what part of the NHL trading cards and stat boosts have to do with and how its more hockey like than 6 people trying to work together against another set of 6?
Literally none of that matters. You're still playing a hockey game. It's not a competition on which game mode is the most authentic hockey simulation.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yes it's okay that people like it, what's not okay is how EA puts majority of their focus on HUT and all the other gamemodes get neglected.
That's just not true. The only focus on hut is in the middle of the game cycle with live content. Development effort goes into other modes like with Fog of war in franchise, World of Chel and all that stuff. Whether its quality or you like it is a different matter but the notion that they solely focus on hut is untrue

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
Yes it's okay that people like it, what's not okay is how EA puts majority of their focus on HUT and all the other gamemodes get neglected.

That's just not true...

The other gamemodes do get neglected, just compare older NHL's like 04 or 05, the career mode in those games was vastly superior compared to todays chel games.

All the new gamemodes with each new installment are just poor imitations of the gamemodes we had in the past, even Ones and 3's weren't truly original gamemodes for the NHL series.

It really is sad how the series is slowly dying. Not because of HUT but because of EA's policies and byrocracy, HUT is not the problem, it's just the outcome of the problem.

There could be an NHL game that had good gamemodes all around, if sports games would just ditch the yearly release and keep one game updated for much longer but a company like EA won't do it since they only look at the short-term goals (Well that and their deals with NHL and other sports leagues) instead of the big picture, hell if they did that they would probably make more money that way since all the people who have given up for this sorry excuse of a game would come back.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
The other gamemodes do get neglected, just compare older NHL's like 04 or 05, the career mode in those games was vastly superior compared to todays chel games.

All the new gamemodes with each new installment are just poor imitations of the gamemodes we had in the past, even Ones and 3's weren't truly original gamemodes for the NHL series.

It really is sad how the series is slowly dying. Not because of HUT but because of EA's policies and byrocracy, HUT is not the problem, it's just the outcome of the problem.

There could be an NHL game that had good gamemodes all around, if sports games would just ditch the yearly release and keep one game updated for much longer but a company like EA won't do it since they only look at the short-term goals (Well that and their deals with NHL and other sports leagues) instead of the big picture, hell if they did that they would probably make more money that way since all the people who have given up for this sorry excuse of a game would come back.
Side effects of a small development team. 2K has an ultimate team type mode but the most in depth career modes in sports history

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
Side effects of a small development team. 2K has an ultimate team type mode but the most in depth career modes in sports history
I understand that as well but also EA's Madden, FIFA and NBA games have suffered after Ultimate Team became a thing, not as much as NHL but many fans of those games don't like the current trend either.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I hope they do nothing to any of the game modes and spend the entire year working on the game play.

But knowing EA they’ll just keep polishing the turd

Reactions: Hasa92

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
Edit all players. Face creation tool that even FIFA 14 had on PC.
Done. That's it. You do that, you revolutionise EA hockey.
This is actually the only feature they should add to the game, I don't understand why they haven't done it yet, other EA games have had this for more than a decade and we have what? Pick a face? Wtf Ea?

There should also be a logo/ jersey editor where you can paint on a jersey, like in Forza and many other games.

Other than that I hope EA takes a break with all these so called "innovations" and "brand-new features" and focuses on creating an actual hockey game which fans haven't got in more than a decade now.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
More realistic reffing AI would be a start. No team should ever be awarded multiple back to back 5-on-3s, I don't care what their opponent does.

LazyT

Feb 24, 2010
Michigan.
Be a Pro needs a major overhaul. Feels like it's barely been touched since NHL 15.

I’m with you 100% there. Be a pro is hardly a mode anymore. On last gen it was miles a head of what it is now. It’s barley playable now if I’m being quite frank, it’s taken so many steps back and has been completely forgotten about. Why can’t I do a be a pro as Tyler Bertuzzi or any nhl player that I like? Why isn’t there the cut scene of my team coming out of the tunnel any more? No media interviews, no chemistry or anything like that. It sucks now :(

Reactions: Saitama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad