What updates would you guys like to see for 20 and beyond?

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
The main 2 things I want:

1) Retro Mode
-You can start a franchise with any team you want from any previous season in the past
-Rosters reflect what year you're in
-True draft classes added for every year, accurate contracts, etc
-Ability to ''re-write'' history so to speak, with players not developping exactly like real life
-NHL evolves like real life, expansion teams get added, teams moved, budget and salary cap increases, etc

2) Start a franchise in other leagues, not just NHL
-Have the ability to be a European GM or CHL GM
-True rules and rosters for each of those leagues
-Accurate recruits and player development for each league
-Accurate budgeting

Conor Edwards

Oct 22, 2018
Detroit, MI
My changes veer towards Be A Pro modes and Franchise Modes, as I don't play much online.

• A change that many of you may not like, but I loved when I took interviews and had events play out in NHL 14. Even an ability to turn the option on or off would be great. (Maybe a stretch, but have the cutscenes animated a little bit, like in the MLB games)
  • A slider that increases the amount of times players are traded in Be A Pro. I kinda want to be the guy who doesn't stick with a team too long, and demanding trades left and right gets old.
  • If you linger in juniors, and you aren't that great, your potential SHOULD change. Not every time do I want to be stuck as a Medium Elite.
  • For the love of god why am I allowed to choose what jersey we wear, I'm a player!
  • Maybe too much to ask, but an actual Awards Ceremony?
  • A SKATE WITH THE GODDAM CUP MECHANIC
  • Creatable players with the option to become a scout (on/off as well)
  • Give me the option to relocate and change my jerseys WITHOUT Owner Mode on
  • More jerseys please. Don't care how bad they look. give me these:
    ca79d9d8df978cc4[1].jpg
    8890ff7bd2c274b6[1].jpg
    bba779d195ef5802[1].jpg
    299949a4055d7fab[1].jpg
  • I know they suck (not the Buffalo one) but come on!
  • PLEASE GIVE US A TEXT TOOL FOR DESIGNING JERSEYS (I DO NOT CARE WHAT IT WOULD CAUSE IN CHEL, I DON"T CARE.)
  • Give us more jersey templates. We're sick of the old ones.
  • Get us more alumni. GET YOUR AGENT AND FIND US MORE BOYS. I'm talkin Fedorov, Yzerman, Mogilny, etc.
Add all those, and I'd feel justified in spending 60 bucks, despite the fact that you obviously put the least amount of effort into these games.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
I don't think we will see it on PC anytime soon. I am sure EA gets some money from Sony/Microsoft just to keep it exclusive for consoles... :/
Madden came to pc after they switched to frostbite NHL's engine looks 5 years behind

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
The main 2 things I want:

1) Retro Mode
-You can start a franchise with any team you want from any previous season in the past
-Rosters reflect what year you're in
-True draft classes added for every year, accurate contracts, etc
-Ability to ''re-write'' history so to speak, with players not developping exactly like real life
-NHL evolves like real life, expansion teams get added, teams moved, budget and salary cap increases, etc

2) Start a franchise in other leagues, not just NHL
-Have the ability to be a European GM or CHL GM
-True rules and rosters for each of those leagues
-Accurate recruits and player development for each league
-Accurate budgeting

Those would be awesome, but how much storage would 1 take up?

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I just want to say that I do like NHL 19. It is the most realistic hockey game ever. Below are just some ideas I thought may add to the game next year:

- interactive Stanley Cup celebration (current one is so boring and generic and pretty much the same since I can remember)
- all star game and skills competition
- playable outdoor stadium
- customizable controller buttons
- have a GM's office that you can upgrade (furniture/art work/trophy cases/etc.) the further along you go in Franchise Mode
- highlights from an awards show
- highlights from other games around the league (Franchise Mode)
- bring back multiple phones on trade deadline day
- input our faces into the game for BAP/CHEL
- add our own music
- when calling a timeout, allow us to choose between like 2 or 3 faceoff formations on a coaches whiteboard (similar like choosing a play in Madden).
- be able to create your own tournament (with 3 or more human controlled teams).
- be able to do a half season or less
- the Jets 1990-1996 logo and jerseys
- be able to search for a player

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Skating and hitting and goaltending and puck physics need to be completely overhauled. The game modes are shallow and boring. The menus are ugly and slow.

NHL 19 is the worst sports game I’ve ever played. Everything about it is bad. Anyone involved in its development should be fired, preferably into the sun.

Willy1964

Sep 6, 2018
9237507A-ABE9-419F-A7D1-B30F133FA99C.jpeg
My changes veer towards Be A Pro modes and Franchise Modes, as I don't play much online.

• A change that many of you may not like, but I loved when I took interviews and had events play out in NHL 14. Even an ability to turn the option on or off would be great. (Maybe a stretch, but have the cutscenes animated a little bit, like in the MLB games)
  • A slider that increases the amount of times players are traded in Be A Pro. I kinda want to be the guy who doesn't stick with a team too long, and demanding trades left and right gets old.
  • If you linger in juniors, and you aren't that great, your potential SHOULD change. Not every time do I want to be stuck as a Medium Elite.
  • For the love of god why am I allowed to choose what jersey we wear, I'm a player!
  • Maybe too much to ask, but an actual Awards Ceremony?
  • A SKATE WITH THE GODDAM CUP MECHANIC
  • Creatable players with the option to become a scout (on/off as well)
  • Give me the option to relocate and change my jerseys WITHOUT Owner Mode on
  • More jerseys please. Don't care how bad they look. give me these:View attachment 174015 View attachment 174019 View attachment 174021 View attachment 174023
  • I know they suck (not the Buffalo one) but come on!
  • PLEASE GIVE US A TEXT TOOL FOR DESIGNING JERSEYS (I DO NOT CARE WHAT IT WOULD CAUSE IN CHEL, I DON"T CARE.)
  • Give us more jersey templates. We're sick of the old ones.
  • Get us more alumni. GET YOUR AGENT AND FIND US MORE BOYS. I'm talkin Fedorov, Yzerman, Mogilny, etc.
Add all those, and I'd feel justified in spending 60 bucks, despite the fact that you obviously put the least amount of effort into these games.

Full Buffalo of this year

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Ability to fire coaches & hire coaches.
I want to be able to play as the Ducks & fire Randy Carlyle during a game.
Add Robidas Island feature.
Ability to run one of ur own players into the ice & put him on LTIRetire.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Bring back the real winter classic

Made the trade deadline like it used to be with the multiple phones and you only have so much time to get a trade done before time runs out on that day. This was present in like NHL 11 or 12 before the new gen systems came out.

Don’t make every single team play the exact same way in offline modes. Not every team is unreal aggressive on the PK, nor do they check every single damn thing in sight.

STOP PUTTING THOSE RIDICULOUS BOXES PROMOTING THE “TEAM STORE” AND FUTURE OPPONENTS IN THE BOTTOM LEFT WHERE HALF THE TIME IT BLOCKS OUT YOUR ABILITY TO SEE WHAT LINE YOURE CHANGING TOO

Put press conferences back into the game.

Bring back the gold equipment for be a pro that you used to get like the “sniper” equipment set or “2-way player” set which gave a bunch of your stats a big boost for earning them. Or shit just bring back the individual pieces that gave just the one stat a boost. Does anyone remember that?? Choosing your helmet to give your offensive awareness a boost or your stick and gloves to increase your puck handling and deking and whatnot?

Make a damn game that actually earns a game of the year award. I still have the NHL 10 case with the gold sticker proclaiming how many damn awards the game won.

LowerHudson

Dec 18, 2017
A brand new game from scratch. Like we where promised for the "new" gen consoles in 2015. What we got and are still playing is a last gen port with slider tweeks. It's disgraceful.

Conor Edwards

Oct 22, 2018
Detroit, MI
People should get together and make a petition to give us an NHL game with features that have been voted on by everyone

If EA says no, these guys should go to another game company and make it themselves. EA seems to focus on this game series the least, and it REALLY shows now.

ItMe

Jan 4, 2017
The ability to start a franchise in any era.... Would probably never happen to due to the player licensing struggle but it would be amazing to change the history of the NHL through the drafts, trades, and free agency.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
One thing that I would love to see added is one touch passes. Like if someone passes you the puck and you're holding the pass button, it should automatically one touch it wherever you're looking. That could lead to some really cool plays and more realistic goals being scored. You shouldn't have to gather the puck and then send it where you want. I don't think that's a terribly unrealistic ask in a one year development cycle.

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
Okay let's do a bit more detailed post of what I actually hope EA would do.

Let's start with actual gameplay issues:

-Better connections especially for EASHL, I'm tired of at least one player being kicked off before the start of the game about 70% of the time when playing with full rosters of 6 vs 6, this has been happening for way too long, fix it. Enough is Enough.

-Bug fixes, like the pause glitch, same thing we have had similar glitches like this for years. This is just unacceptable for studio as big as EA. Pathetic really.

-Balance the game better:

-The infamous short-side wrister is way too OP, how often you see that goal in real life? Not often, sure when that shot is taken from that spot and it hits the target, it's a goal 90% of the time but how many times it's actually taken? How many times does it actually hit the target? Not many, needs nerf.

-Defending, skill zone D has to be taken away, it's fine for Be a Pro and EASHL but when you play 1 vs 1 the defending player should always be forced to play as the active forechecker or as the goalie, don't do this for a couple of seconds and it should lead to a major AI mistake in the defensive end, Defending just cannot be, stay in the middle passively.

-One timers need to be buffed. Goalies make desperation saves way too often, infact in competetive online, goalies should never make an desperation save, hiscoring change shots that don't miss the net should be a goal 100% of the time (unless it's being controlled by a human who reads the play and makes the correct moves).

-Add embellishment penalty, simply if you on purpose skate backwards to bait people to poke at your feet there is a change that you get the penalty. One of the cancers in EA games are people who do this, this isn't realistic, yes there is a time and place for this but the embellishment penalty needs to be added, maybe it could have a timer, if you have been skating backwards for some time then the fault is the pokers but if you randomly spam it and somebody trips you, you should be penaltized not the guy that did the tripping.

-Ban people, when you find someone cheating either a perma ban or a "devaluation ban" should be given. For example if someone cheats on hut but isn't too severe like hacking, take away all their coins and turn all of their cards into untreadeables, they can still play but everything they gained with cheating cannot be transferred to their main users. Also if they still do it, perma ban the whole IP address, Console and all the users within it.

-Unrealistic pass interceptions. It's ridiculously hard to get a pass through sometimes when even the plugs in the ice have 6th. sense in reacting, reading and reaching for the passes, the same pass your own teammates have a hard time getting possession of your opposing team's players would grab it almost everytime no matter if they didn't even see the puck, no matter if it's even coming from a very awkward angle for them to reach for it and no matter even if it came with a ridiculous laser blast speed.

No, just a simple one handed poke to one side and woíla, perfect takeaway.

Do the same with no defenders the two players and your own teammate might not even react to the puck at all even if it just slowly passes him by.

Really EA?

Take note that these are only for competetive online game modes like HUT & Eashl, which leads to me to my next point:

-3 different gamestyles; Arcade, Realistic Simulation & Competetive which of EA is kinda trying to do but only Arcade works really.

Arcade: High flying offensive hockey with big hits and a lot of desperation saves, a lot of RNG in this gamemode should be only used in Offline gamemodes if the player likes that and in: Ones & 3 on 3 arcade.

Meh, it's okay this is maybe the only part of these games where EA haven't actually screwed up.

Realistic Simulation, there is some random change, sometimes goalies make desperation saves and sometimes they let in blunders, same with skaters sometimes they have momentum and sometimes don't. In this gamemode it's very important to have all the different scoring changes have realistic probabilities in whetever it's a goal or a miss or a save etc. This game mode isn't used in online at all expect for friendly matches, it's best used for offline seasons. EA has never made realistic hockey games really.

And last but not least, the competetive gamemode. A lot of games have this but for some reason not any sports games that I'm aware of. Basically, no desperation saves, no easy goals, as little random change as possible, every action has always the same exact reaction. No momentum no ice tilt no nothing just the players holding the controller and the overalls of each players matter... In HUT, in Online versus for example I would even go further, Overalls wouldn't mean anything only the player classes, their size and their handedness would. Snipers would have high shooting skill, playmakers passing etc. No place for random change, this is how an E-sports NHL tournaments should be played, sure it might be boring but this is the only way true skill would triumph 100% the time.

Sadly it will never happen since EA doesn't want that, they want the skill-gap gone so that anyone can become "elite" at the game with very little practice. :(

There are a lot of other issues with these games as well such as adding more teams, jerseys etc. but I only focused on pure gameplay with this post, there is no use adding other stuff as long as the base game is horseshit.

Reactions: GagneHanson12

HockeyGoon98

Jan 19, 2019
Add it so you can be a real pro instead of just being able to make your own. NHL 12 had this feature and I loved it.

AOSC

Jun 26, 2013
Minnesota
For Franchise Mode:

-Players with more term at decent or great cap hits should have more value then players who are rentals or have 1 year left. I also believe this should only apply to players that will be UFA's at the end of the year.

I'm in season 2023-2024 and Ryan Murray is age 30 with 1 year left on his deal. He is getting paid 7 million at 88 overall. Yet his value is actually just under the full bar. Seth Jones is age 29 with 4 years left on his deal. He is getting paid 6.8 million at 90 overall. Seth Jones actually has slightly less trade value when he is YOUNGER, PAID LESS, BETTER OVR, and MORE TERM. I was trying to acquire Ryan Murray for a cup run. The Blue Jackets also had (7) Top-4 Defenseman and (3) Top-2 Defenseman.

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
For Franchise Mode:

-Players with more term at decent or great cap hits should have more value then players who are rentals or have 1 year left. I also believe this should only apply to players that will be UFA's at the end of the year.

I'm in season 2023-2024 and Ryan Murray is age 30 with 1 year left on his deal. He is getting paid 7 million at 88 overall. Yet his value is actually just under the full bar. Seth Jones is age 29 with 4 years left on his deal. He is getting paid 6.8 million at 90 overall. Seth Jones actually has slightly less trade value when he is YOUNGER, PAID LESS, BETTER OVR, and MORE TERM. I was trying to acquire Ryan Murray for a cup run. The Blue Jackets also had (7) Top-4 Defenseman and (3) Top-2 Defenseman.

True.. Also you should be able to trade UFA during the draft so someone can get their rights and first chance to sign them.

AOSC

Jun 26, 2013
Minnesota
True.. Also you should be able to trade UFA during the draft so someone can get their rights and first chance to sign them.
Also very true, I like that idea as well. I also wish teams at the draft that want to get rid of their picks, trade them in the middle of the draft. At least every once in a while. I’ve never seen it happen in mine.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
I wish they got rid of the "cut to the middle shoot short side" glitch shot against CPU goalies. I feel like that's been around for over 10 years and it adds a very unrealistic aspect to the game.

Reactions: Hasa92

McSprite

Jan 22, 2019
Let the guys who made Super Mega Baseball 2 make future games - I honestly consider 'em better than EA and 2K combined at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad