What updates would you guys like to see for 20 and beyond?

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Be a Pro needs a major overhaul. Feels like it's barely been touched since NHL 15.
Its gone backwards since 13 and 14 when it was live the life. This year they added in perks but the perks are bullshit after season 3. They still havent fixed the simming issue. That mode is pure garbage but dont worry HUT got new stuff added every single game for the last 7 years!

Reactions: LazyT

LazyT

Feb 24, 2010
Michigan.
Redo EASHL go ahead and keep the player types but let us put our own stats on our players. The trait system sucks. Why don’t we have practice and/or scrimmage mode anymore? That was so helpful for working on your power play and PK. More custom jersey options would be sick too

GM-connected that actually works would be sweet.

Complete overhaul of Be-a-pro (read my last post)

It’s such a shame how far backwards the modes have gone. They add corny stuff like 1’s to the game which is essentially learn to puck rag and glitch goal. Idk maybe I’m just an old man and don’t understand this new garbage

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
What I want to happen;
Slider sets that actually work; and a pass/shoot slider added. I'm convinced the game wants to play at a certain speed, because no matter how slow I make it via sliders, the speed increases as I'm playing a game.

Roster sharing; it's utterly ridiculous that we can't have that already. In addition to this, custom draft classes as well.

Better team name & play-by-play database. It's outrageous that some of the more common names in multiple countries are not on the list, especially when you see some of the crap that is on there.

The ability to edit players in franchise mode

What I'm expecting;
A bunch of upgrades to HUT, & some shiny new animations.

dosages

Oct 16, 2017
Here's the thing, right now all the players play the same and all have the same animations and are all capable of doing the same moves as any other player/card, the game needs more things to distinguish players from each other, NBA 2K has animations that are only locked to certain archetypes/attributes you don't have guys like Shaq dribbling up the court doing dribble moves and then shooting 3 pointers, somehow in NHL you can literally do everything in the game with 1 random no name player (granted with lower success rate but still)

Honestly the game would just get that more fun from building a team and the attributes and players you choose actually mean something. Players like McDavid should be able to skate differently than everyone else in the game, Ovechkin and other snipers should be able to release the puck quicker than other players etc... Game just lacks difference between the players.. with this idea there is endless opportunity but it would take a couple years to be ready.

also the game lacks animations, lots of stuff happens in the game and the player just has no animations, literally get hit in to by somebody but there's no real collision and your guy just skates off like normal while the puck is loose.

Reactions: SPV

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Spend some time on BAP mode. It doesn't need a lot but what it has needs to be miles better.
Franchise still needs major improvements. Don't have the cut off be 25 years. If I want a 50 year GM career, I should be allowed to do it. They need to fix the contracts, it is so broken.
Menus are too slow.

Honestly, the game doesn't need to be like NBA or FIFA. They don't have that kind of budget. But what I said about BAP applies to the entire NHL series, they don't need to do a lot, the just need significantly better execution on what they do have.

Reactions: Saitama

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
If they're not gonna change a whole lot in BaP, let us at least import our players over from the previous game into the new one so you can continue your career.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Putting outdoor games back in, and putting them in franchise mode.

Custom music again, I want to put in the actual goal songs for certain teams.

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
i only play be a gm and some sort of bust factor to prospects is necessary. it is so easy to get medium elites in the later rounds every single year, the scouting system is good but there are way too many good prospects

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
A player search feature.
I wanna have some europeans in my teams but i don't want to scroll f***ing 100000 names.
Just give me a search feature like for Fifa.

And yes bring it for pc.
And no don't use the frostbyte engine.
that engine is f***ed up.
Not a good and developer friendly engine.

Thedogo

Dogs are superior to humans in every way
Mar 16, 2019
Chicago's south side
A player search feature.
I wanna have some europeans in my teams but i don't want to scroll ****ing 100000 names.
Just give me a search feature like for Fifa.

And yes bring it for pc.
And no don't use the frostbyte engine.
that engine is ****ed up.
Not a good and developer friendly engine.
Also in MLB the Show 19!

Reactions: Edenjung

unknownbrother

Apr 1, 2015
UK
Power play practice on EASHL would be great.

I'd like them to add a 3+ option to matchmaking or just make it so you need 3 guys online to start a 6s EASHL game. Sick of times when me and my friends get online with 3, 4 or 5 guys and keep matching against teams with 2 guys letting the AI do all the work for them with laser passing, etc.

Matching exact room size doesn't work very well because wait times for games and often a fair connection at best. Kinda sucks being in the UK a couple hours behind Scandinavia and five hours ahead of North America.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
I think a series mode or some kind of online championship mode where you can sit down and play a best of 3, 5, or even 7 against 1 player would be fun.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I simply couldn't resist anymore and bought PS4 Pro mostly for NHL purposes. So please EA, better make NHL 20 as better as possible:mad:

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
With next -gen around the corner you can expect NHL 20 to just be a roster update

Yes, I know, but I skip ps3/xbox360 generation and large portion of this. Basically didn't play NHL since last PC version. I am shaking already...

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Yes, I know, but I skip ps3/xbox360 generation and large portion of this. Basically didn't play NHL since last PC version. I am shaking already...

Im the same I played NHL 2009 then ten years later I got PS4 to play NHL 18. I am pretty disappointed with it except for the World of Chel

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I'm pretty sure this is the exact same thread every year. Asking for the same things every year. Getting another shitty version of the same game every year.

What a vicious cycle of futility.

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
1. A bunch of gameplay changes to make the game faster and have a higher skill ceiling.
2. Better netcode/servers, maybe add some US Central servers as well to keep ping lower on games involving West+East players.
3. Decent menu layout that isn't slow.
4. Seperate tuners for HUT/VS and EASHL.
5. Custom controller layout.
6. Better club challenge system.
1,2,3,5 have been fundamental issues for a long time. The fact the games are getting slower, worse netcode, slower menus and terrible uncostimable controls have made me lose all interest.

It's trending worse not better, this series may be done by 21 because the game is fundamentally broken garbage with a shiny veneer now. A literal polished turd. I love hockey games and would instantly buy a mediocre NHL game, but this ain't it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad