What updates would you guys like to see for 20 and beyond?

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I don't think we will see it on PC anytime soon. I am sure EA gets some money from Sony/Microsoft just to keep it exclusive for consoles... :/

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
I don't think we will see it on PC anytime soon. I am sure EA gets some money from Sony/Microsoft just to keep it exclusive for consoles... :/

My thoughts as well. If the console makers weren't paying developers to keep their games off competitor platforms, we'd most likely see just about every third party release on PC.

PS4/Xbone are basically just mid tier PCs. I personally want NHL and the other sports games on Switch, as my friends and I want to play video hockey while waiting for food at restaurants, and other public places.

canadiantarheel

Sep 19, 2011
Similar to in EA's FIFA games since 2005, have the ability to select the players you want to put on each respective national team from each individual countries player pool.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Darien

Jan 1, 2019
Be just like MLB The Show,,(ECHL-AHL-NHL) able to be played and send players back and forth
Have an ALLSTAR Game (all 3 divisions) not the 3 on 3
Have an ALL STAR game for the junior player (Be a pro)
Have the CHEL player start your Nhl career
Have force trades

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't think it would ever happen, but I would love to see NHL make a game mode that is similar to the Coaching Carousel on the old NCAA games. You start as a an assistant coach or manager and then make your way through lower leagues until you are eventually the Head Coach or Manager in the NHL. Contract length, money, and where you are on the totem pole of coaching all depend on your performance.

It could be a fun addition to the signal player experience.

Browntrout

Apr 2, 2018
In franchise mode...

- Start rivalries. If games get heated, more fights/hit happen. And those carry on to the next game.

- Allow me to edit the stats of players in franchise mode. Who cares if it’s unfair to the computer? And maybe allow to create players there, too.

- I agree that development should be based on stats.

- Make the computer shoot more instead of passing backwards on a breakaway.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Similar to in EA's FIFA games since 2005, have the ability to select the players you want to put on each respective national team from each individual countries player pool.

It was also possible in NHL 2005 when World Cup 2004 mode was in it. :)

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
For the LOVE OF GOD please make be a pro more interesting. The skill tree was actually a great step, but add meaningful elements. I know they dont have the budget like 2K does with their NBA series but even pulling a few ideas would be nice.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
For the LOVE OF GOD please make be a pro more interesting. The skill tree was actually a great step, but add meaningful elements. I know they dont have the budget like 2K does with their NBA series but even pulling a few ideas would be nice.
This idea gets my vote, too. Every year I try playing BAP and it gets stale after like 5 games. If you've played one Be a Pro game, you've played them all. It has so much potential, too.

afrobomber11

May 23, 2010
Flin Flon Manitoba
if we are connected to the internet, why cant we type a players name in the create a player and have all his info from previous games come up. like the early games who had extra players programmed in or a self made duplicate. so players who had gone back to russia and you want to make a russian team like alex semin or alex frolov we can type their name in and all their info would automatically be put in. or we could make our own legend teams or all time national teams ie a team canada and put on lemieux and gretz and sakic and stevy y. anyways just a thought

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
It would be cool to add Hlinka tournament, both for Be a Pro and as single mode like World Cup of Hockey.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Be A Pro Connected
Add Juniors, Worlds, Olympics, Spengler Cup (even if they are all unlicensed) for be a pro and franchise
Add KHL, junior leagues of Russia, Sweden, and Finland
Add international junior teams for countries in championship division and division 1A
Allow your be a pro to start as a European junior (and play for any of the WJC teams based on their citizenship)
All NHL jerseys ever worn

Sundance

You Can Never Get To
Sep 7, 2010
Lillyhammer
On just the most superficial level I want licensed international teams beyond just Canada and the ability to create custom international rosters.

Would love some actual realism applied to the sticks as well (19 is the first NHL game I've played in years and the sticks still go through the AI like they're made of air).

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
So much needs to be changed, but I'll list what I think are the obvious ones.

Skating acceleration needs to be turned up quite a bit. It was turned up for the beta this year, but has been nerfed back into the ground again. I don't know why they're so insistent on making the game as slow as possible.

Make it more difficult to score on a breakaway or penalty shot. Right now there are moves that work literally 100% of the time and every time you take a penalty in 3 v 3 EASHL you're basically just giving the team a goal.

Refine the poke check quite a bit more. You should have better control over where the poke goes. It would turn poke checking into a skill rather than something to just mash. Along the same lines, if we can aim our poke checks better it would stop the completely unnecessary tripping penalties when I put my stick in a guy's skates even though I'm a foot away from the puck.

Have better ways to get the puck off the AI. The AI is absolutely awful at everything except one on one battles. They will come out with the puck almost every single time. The only way to get the puck from the computer players is to bulldoze them to the ice or stand in the line when someone calls for a pass. You can't poke or stick lift like you can human players.

AI needs HUGE improvements for 3 v 3. If you have a computer Dman on your team, he will ALWAYS crash the net regardless the score, time left on the clock, position of the rest of your team, or the strategies you use. They only thing he knows in the offensive zone is crash the net even if he's the last man back. That's incredibly stupid.

Bring back deflections please. I've only seen a handful of them in a couple hundred games. Guys like grinders should be able to deflect pucks for more goals since they're giving up so much speed, passing, and shooting ability.

Please scrap the hockey bags idea and return to simple unlock system.

I would love to be able to have full control over the attributes of my skater in EASHL. The traits and specialties are a step in the right direction, but I want to be able to put points in any category like I used to in EASHL. Everyone can have the same amount of attribute points to keep it balanced, but I want to be able to build whatever type of player I want, not just a generic class.

So many other things wrong with this dumpster fire of a product, but I think these would be a step in the right direction and most can probably be done in the one year development cycle they get. Focus on gameplay, not presentation. If the AI is good, it will great improve every mode.

Reactions: ottawa

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
I will state I am more of a franchise player and building a team rather than playing.. I do play the games but usually only around 10 games a season and some playoff games if my team makes it. I just like building it up and seeing what they can do. So my changes and adds are directed with that in mind.

Be like the NBA 2K series: Also the franchise needs to be longer than 25 years.

Offseason:
Show how many years till the CBA expires. Vote on rule changes for new year or any expansion team that is joining, realignment, maybe a new Commish takes over 7 years into the franchise.

Stats:
Stop putting NHL and put what team the player was on when he did the stats.
Show a total Goals, Assists and Points. Show how many hat tricks he has, how many True Hat Tricks he has. All the awards won like NBA 2K shows it

Championships: (2) 2014, 2018
Hart/MVP: (3) 2012, 2014, 2018
Rookie of the Year: (1) 2008
All Star (5): 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018

Special Stats
Hat Tricks: 7
True Hat tricks: 1
Most Goals in a game: 4
Most assits in a game: 5
Most Points in a game: 6

Trading:
I should be able to find a trade for a specific player. Even if its a 7th rd pick. If I get no offers means no one is interested and I can send him to the AHL.

Also at draft. Teams do trade rights to UFA all the time for draft picks. This should happen in the game. A team wants first dibs on trying to sign someone they should be able to make that trade during the draft. Even though the team is interested in him and the trade would be accepted you get " I am sorry but so and so's contract ends soon so we need to pass" We can trade RFAs at the draft, let us trade UFA.

The FOG is pretty cool. took some time getting used to it. But after scouting 3 of the top 5 prospects one year they all said they resemble the same type of player even though they were all different sizes. 5'10 to 6'5 yet they all played like Lindros. Change it up.

Thats all I have for this right now

Last edited:
Reactions: Keenan87

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I haven't bought a version in years.

The fact that most of these complaints had been features of past games is f***ing embarrassing. EASports just keeps removing features and f***ing up the ones they keep.

Hilarious and saddening.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Willy1964

Sep 6, 2018
1. Much more player likenesses
2. Statistics by Team name
3. A player card with all stats incl. Youth stats, Trades and for whom be traded, current hot or cold streaks, honors and cup rings during career.
4. To open in calender past games to review game and player stats.
5. Face scan import from EA website to players with missing real faces.
6. Real Goalie masks or app creator.
7. Missing many Jerseys like the beautiful Buffalo from around 2005
8. Fantasy generator for ratings of existing player in Franchise mode. ( To use this option or not at the beginning of a Franchise )
9. Negotiation button for Trades. You ask a GM from another Team for a player and he said what he wants from your Team or if this player is for trading or not. This can go moretimes way to and back before trade is finished or declined.
10. Mire information about Streaks from players during the game. Hot and cold
11. All drafted players in the game with pics and possible to get in there Team Rosters. I mean also the US and drafted KHL players ( buy the rights from IIHF ) Funny to see what happens when Jack Hughes will selected as number one pick. Usely they post a face scan of number 1 and 2 pick short after they where drafted in Twitter and Facebook.
12. Add KHL, NCAA to the game. Buy the copyrights.
13. To play Franchise in all Leagues not only NHL or AHL.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The only updates I want are a completely new development team building an NHL game with a completely new game engine (well new to the NHL series).

This franchise is beyond stale at this point. Feels like I've been playing the exact same game now for almost a decade. Done with this years version. Last years I played for about 6 weeks. Won't be buying NHL 20 at all.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Update the graphics, I skipped a few years buying this game, my wife got me this one for my birthday this year. And I may skip the game again till the next generation of consoles because the entire look to the game feels dated. From user interface, to the player renderings, to the entire game engine. I remember when I bought this game even on the previous console generation, which I used to buy it every year. I remember being wowed each year by visual improvements. Upon first boot up of this version I felt like the game was 7 or 8 years old. The game plays well enough, I just would really like to see graphics on par with other games currently coming out and a more intuitive interface.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

Such a simple feature that would be so freaking cool. I always want them to add more of the Junior team jerseys. The Kitchener Rangers third jerseys are their best and they are not included. On that note adding more authentic CHL experiences would be cool I would love to see the Kitchener Auditorium in the game.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Let 2K give it a shot.

Add more selection of music, no issue with songs but i am tired of hearing the same 6 songs loop at a playlist of say 30 songs in the next one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->