Player Discussion: What to do with Lemieux?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
This kid isn’t worth this thread. That’s my only thing. It’ll likely be a long time before he gets another chance with the Jets. I think everyone pretty knows that.

This thread is not exactly a tribute that he has earned. :laugh:
It is a worthy topic of discussion. Send him down? Trade him? Press Box him? All of the above? None of the above? What else have we got to talk about? Laine's diet? Or gaming habits? Mau's line combinations? Done to death!

I guess we could go back to Lee Stempniak. Speaking of Lee, :laugh: he is still available. Someone asked who would sit in the PB if Lemieux was sent down. Better him than some young guy who needs to play.

Reactions: LowLefty

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Fly by's made by forwards in the neutral zone on unsuspecting opponents vs. an opponent knowingly playing the puck on the boards with their back exposed that then turn and square their numbers to a hit from a defender aren't really the same are they?

Trouba's both received & been the giver of these types of hits. However what I'm assuming you're referring to was his suspension due to the Stone hit in 2016-2017.

In that case, he committed himself to standing up the blue line & misfired. Of course the onus was on Trouba to deliver a hit to the chest, but standing up an oncoming player at the blue line is a bit different that a cheap shot to an opponent with his back turned don't you think?
i think Lemieux's hit was gross and stupid.
the year Trouba was suspended, he had a bit of a run of coming close to shoulders to heads. so you saw the suspension coming.
i wasn't overly impressed with his sudden stupidity. and he's shown that he isn't doing that anymore.
i'd give Lemieux one more chance. i personally think he'll fail.

Reactions: Halberdier

Say What

Building a Legacy 4/28/96 Never again!!
Jan 18, 2015
We know it takes the Jets management three and a half years to evaluate, so Lemieux has a bit more time.

:facepalm:

Classic.....it never gets old (even if it was meant, tongue-in-cheek). I won't even try to educate/enlighten the "masses', who seemingly possess all the knowledge, of all things TNSE related. To each their own.

Onward and upward!!

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
i think Lemieux's hit was gross and stupid.
the year Trouba was suspended, he had a bit of a run of coming close to shoulders to heads. so you saw the suspension coming.
i wasn't overly impressed with his sudden stupidity. and he's shown that he isn't doing that anymore.
i'd give Lemieux one more chance. i personally think he'll fail.

Found a girlfriend for Lemieux...

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I’m guessing most of us want to see how the organization see this.
I’m guessing this thread was created to check the pulse of us crazy HF folk
We will see soon enough

I'm sure it was -
I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy vibe from most on Lemmy's life span with the Jets -
And there is no doubt in my mind that he is currently running against the warm and fuzzy grain of TN.
But it will be very interesting to see how elastic they are on this event -
will they roll with the punch? Or should I say chicken wing? Sorry . . .

Reactions: Eyeseeing

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
The funny thing is (as someone else pointed out) that Dano was a pretty successful agitator. He didn't take a lot of penalties or go head-hunting but opposition players always seemed to be mad at him. Unfortunately for him, that seems to extend to his own coaches too. But Lemieux doesn't bring anything that Dano didn't except fighting skill and I think Dano did it better. Edit: Other than the fighting, I mean.

I would like to have a successful **** disturber and a decent fighter for those rare occasions when one is needed. Rather see a Lemieux breaking his hand than Scheifele or Wheeler. But the only part of that Lemieux seems to have is the fighting, and I'm not sure he knows how to pick his times.

It's not just his ability to disturb shit, it's his ability to play decent hockey as per his AHL #'s - as Maurice said "He's got some game".
And his ability to scrap is a bonus.

I think I may have mentioned - I'm not a Dano fan but I hope his 4th team works out.
In fact, I agreed with the Jets organization and went with Lemieux as being the better option.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Lemmy has always put up points — and PIMs. Coaches and some fans still seem to love an agitator, and maybe the Jets thought in Lemieux they’d get a little bit of TomWilson, agitation, “heart” and grit plus some scoring. They seem to have got the wrong bit (and Tom Wilson is Tom Wilson).

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
It's not just his ability to disturb ****, it's his ability to play decent hockey as per his AHL #'s - as Maurice said "He's got some game".
And his ability to scrap is a bonus.

I think I may have mentioned - I'm not a Dano fan but I hope his 4th team works out.
In fact, I agreed with the Jets organization and went with Lemieux as being the better option.

Beating the living hell out of a player who simply responded to Lemieux's cowardly head shot didn't earn any points from me. That was one of the most one sided fights I've seen. I'd have rather seen him take some lumps.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Send him to the ECHL for a couple months.
Why? To punish him? He is at this point an AHL - NHL tweener that could potentially play a role if he can consistently control the worst of his tendencies. Sending him to the East Coast league so he can fend off cowboys that will never even sniff the AHL so they can stand tall in their boots doesn't make a lick of sense. If you want and try to continue to develop him you send him back down to the A and give him as big a role as he can carry and see if he can work his way back up.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Beating the living hell out of a player who simply responded to Lemieux's cowardly head shot didn't earn any points from me. That was one of the most one sided fights I've seen. I'd have rather seen him take some lumps.

No argument from me -
Although keep in mind - dropping your gloves is not a "simple" response and unfortunately can get you into trouble .
I wish he had left them on - I didn't enjoy watching that either.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
When his suspension is over send him down to the Moose, or even worse maybe the Jacksonville Icemen. Has to learn that he should be physical, but needs to be smart about it or he won't be up with the Winnipeg Jets.

I'd say trade him, but everybody, no much how mad or you dislike somebody, deserves a second chance.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Two horrible plays in one game. Serve a suspension, send him down and move on. Our callups from Moose should be goal scorers at this point in time anyway.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
Found a girlfriend for Lemieux...

Holy crap!. There were 3 red card fouls before the yellow was even issued.

Back to Lemieux. His fate depends on Petan and nothing more. This is Petan's chance to win a spot to never let go. If he does, then Lemiuex can rot in the press box or on the Moose once his suspension is up.

If Petan shows nothing, then it's back to the revolving door of 4th line 5 minute players including Lemieux

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
Regardless off the hit on Trocheck, how many of you seariously think his play has been ok?

I have not seen anything from him at all in these games hes been in the line up.

What does he bring to the table apart from being able to pick a fight?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Too bad, I've liked some of the things he's done in his ridiculously short period of time on the ice. He supports the puck well in all three zones, gets in on the forecheck and takes the puck to the net. Funny thing is, he may take colossoly stupid penalties but he doesn't take lazy, weak one's, like a few older guys on this team.

Stupid is really hard to fix.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
I don't envy Maurice in this situation. Its clear neither him nor the team are particularly happy about Brendan's mental boot (could be alt-ctrl-del type, but is in fact only alt-del). Now they all bother and think it whole damn week. Would have been better now with tighter schedule. How PoMo or anyone can isolate Brendan's impact from Data conserning the game performances of others? How you can truly evaluate anything really to their fullest in conclusions about Panthers series, when it's clear that Brendan's mental lapse was at magnitude on which it impacted directly and immediately to the performances of rest of the team, in that game?

I think there are no enough highly competent professional nurses and doctors to handle properly with clearly a type of hockey you could think is played in a mental institution. How they can dose sedatives appropriately? Yes, yes, players are professionals and all, but still I think they didn't lose that game solely on Ice and by on ice performances, they lost it also within their heads.

We need only search for our own feelings and thoughts about this matter to know something about the effect and impact Brendan's gooning may have caused in his team mates minds, the team as a whole was forced to search those exactly same feelings already when still playing hockey. It would have been best for the team to get back to business faster after that game...

Friday, right? Its gonna looooooong therapy session, results of unclear.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Ok like WTF is up with that psycho and where the hell is the official?

No clue how she wasn't given a straight red for a number of those fouls leading up to the hair pulling but the fact she didn't get sent off for that is just crazy.

Reactions: ps241

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Too bad, I've liked some of the things he's done in his ridiculously short period of time on the ice. He supports the puck well in all three zones, gets in on the forecheck and takes the puck to the net. Funny thing is, he may take colossoly stupid penalties but he doesn't take lazy, weak one's, like a few older guys on this team.

Stupid is really hard to fix.

Exactly. We need a guy who can crash the front of the net. And I have no doubt that given a decent amount of playing time he would have decent point totals. Lots of garbage goals - but we need those too.
Do I like what he did? No. Is it the end of the world or should it be the end of his career? No.
I’ve seen several Jets make stupid play after stupid play (I’m looking at you Myers) and they continue to be given gobs of ice time.
There’s a very obvious double standard from this coaching staff which we’ve all pointed out time and time again.
This thread feels like a lot of people have joined Maurice in that double standard though.
And now to blame him for dominating a fight TOO MUCH? The other guy dropped his gloves and what he got after that isn’t Lemieux’s fault. Blame him all you want for his own stupid plays that game, but don’t blame him for winning a fight too convincingly.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
People talking about Lemieux like he was Jake McCabe or something. I like his work morals, imo the fight was good showing, I think he won 6-0 and having that skill probably doesnt hurt. Let our star guys get hit clean or dirty, he can at least honorably take a fight and not just tie,turtle or get beaten. I think the headshot was some sort of half accident, but didint really start checking the slowmos tho.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
People talking about Lemieux like he was Jake McCabe or something. I like his work morals, imo the fight was good showing, I think he won 6-0 and having that skill probably doesnt hurt. Let our star guys get hit clean or dirty, he can at least honorably take a fight and not just tie,turtle or get beaten. I think the headshot was some sort of half accident, but didint really start checking the slowmos tho.

Actually McCabe's "accidental" headbutts were only praised everywhere. (His style / posture of body hit with unavoidable head to head collision.)

But speaking of Lemieux, I have really hard time believing that what he did was an accident. I am not 100% sure that even his high stick was 100% accident, only 99% sure of that...

If Lemieux can keep his head clear, he is serviceable 4th line power forward / grinder. If he can't, as it currently seems, he is only a liability for the team. There is no real need for goons anymore, and if really needed occasionally, guys like Buff and Wheeler are big and can handle many situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad