Player Discussion: What to do with Lemieux?

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
And still an overreaction? We really needed a thread about this? It’s pretty obvious that best case scenario for Lemieux is he gets back playing sometime in December for us. And that’s best case. So many people are letting a plug ruin their day.
Now you're reacting to the overreactions. Perception of your reaction is subjective. Now I believe you're overreacting to the overreactions. Don't let the overreactions ruin your day.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Appleton coming up and Lemieux going down makes the most sense to me. Appleton has waited his turn and it is time to give him a run of games IMO. Also a really good week for it to happen as he could get a couple practices in with the big club before Friday.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Appleton coming up and Lemieux going down makes the most sense to me. Appleton has waited his turn and it is time to give him a run of games IMO. Also a really good week for it to happen as he could get a couple practices in with the big club before Friday.

I haven't watched much of the Moose but I noticed they have a lot of players. I'm not sure the 13th forward plays. I'd like to see more of Petan. Especially on the PP2. I think if Lemieux were demoted it should be Griffith promoted with Appleton moving up to the top line. I proposed elsewhere Lemieux for Scherbak straight up. Adds more skill to the Jets, lets players continue to develop. If we need 6 minutes of toughness call up JC Lipon. He's paid his dues. A game or 2 like Peluso gets in Calgary wouldn't hurt the Jets.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
What would you do if you had Marchand on your team?
One thing about Marchand is.....he can score goals.

Apples and oranges

One guy is a key contributor to possibly the top line in the NHL the other guy is at best 4th line talent who is easily replaced.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
You know that rhymes. Just to prove to us that Chevy runs the team he won't send him down.

Critical Mass

Feb 6, 2011
I was intrigued by Lemieux's pedigree. I don't think anyone would predict he'd be a top 6 player, but he might have had a role to play on a contending team.

He's into his 4th season as a pro. As an NHL player, he's a weak player. Additionally, I believe his actions on Friday strongly contributed to losing the game. There's no upside to his game.

I think he'd have been an NHL player 10 years ago, but the era of enforcement (which is putting it charitably in Lemieux's case) is over.

I think the risk of inserting him into the lineup far outweighs the potential reward. And there are more promising prospects deserving of a shot at NHL play.

It's time to trade him for whatever the market offers. If there are no offers, send him back to the Moose and let him play out the rest of his contract, then let him go.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
It's fresh so people are upset because it cost us a very winnable game. I believe that we would have seen a 4th line of Copp Rosie & Petan upon return regardless.

This suspension of 3 games(my prediction) will force Maurice to see the results of this 4th line and I think Lemieux will have an uphill battle getting back in the lineup.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Stick Lemieux in the Jets net at practice without equipment and let all the players and coaches take shots at him!

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Lemieux won't ultimately get banished from the Jets because of hits like this.. he will get banished because he has zero talent. Do the Jets have to do anything to Lemieux as punishment? Not at all. He will play himself into oblivion all on his own.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Marchand is an extremely talented top line player. Lemieux can’t even see him he’s so far up there. Lol

Looking at all these posts, let’s at least look at the numbers before we start calling him a talentless player. Sure he has one big glaring problem, but, the kid is talented. He’s fast, he’s tough and he can put up points.
Last year on the Moose in points per game:
Roslovic: 1.09
Petan: 1.00
Appleton: .87
Lemieux: .84

So let’s at least call it like it is with him. A pretty talented player with a mean streak that he can only control for so long.

Jack722

Mar 3, 2018
Instigators and wind-up merchants can be very valuable to get under another team's skin... but they have to be crafty and not get wound-up themselves, heh.

I don't see it in Lemieux. In fact I think Dano was far better at this... there were always guys trying to fight him after the whistle, while he was all smiles.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
I was always proud that Jets didnt employee the dirty agitator type players. Send him down and trade him. From what I've read about his season in the Moose last year, this is no surprise and probably wont be the last time doing something like this.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I want Mason and I want him to play to succeed, we need more right wingers who can score!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->