Player Discussion: What to do with Lemieux?

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
After his likely suspension, what should be done with Lemieux? Send him to the Moose to see if his style can be corrected? Keep him with Jets to do the same? Trade him?

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Bring up who? Who would benefit from sitting in Pb?

Lemieux, of course, but mix it up a bit. Take away his phone and force feed him PSAs and documentaries about Gentleman Jim Malone and Jean Beliveau until he smartens up and gets his sportsmanship badge.

Reactions: insomniac

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Lemieux, of course, but mix it up a bit. Take away his phone and force feed him PSAs and documentaries about Gentleman Jim Malone and Jean Beliveau until he smartens up and gets his sportsmanship badge.
You just need him to sit and if there's an injury bring up Apple.

Reactions: lanky

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
When Lemieux gets his suspension, won’t the Jets need to call someone up anyway ? I’m betting on 5 games.

Ares

May 8, 2018
Nothing. He was playing well before that Trochek fiasko...

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Maurice seems to be giving the youngsters 5 or so game stretches and I think Lemieux was coming out anyway.
Trade him, I don't like his character. Lemieux and a 4th for Haydn Fleury?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Send him to the Moose and call up Appleton. This is the lineup I was posting before the season and it's still what I want to see.

Ehlers - Scheifele - Laine
Connor - Little - Wheeler
Perreault - Roslovic - Appleton
Copp - Lowry - Tanev

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Send him to the Moose and call up Appleton. This is the lineup I was posting before the season and it's still what I want to see.

Copp - Lowry - Tanev
Agreed with you on Appleton. H'd be my next choice to be called up. He played well with Rosie on the Moose and MP would be a nice fit with them.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg

Copp - Lowry - Tanev

I third this notion. Someone bang a gavel and make it so.

Lemieux for the most part was fine on the 4th line. But time to try someone else since options are there. I'd like to see Petan get 3-5 more games and then it's Appletons turn. By playoffs there needs to be a clear winner between Appleton, Lemieux, Vesalainen. Lots of time still.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
It's a forum.

And still an overreaction? We really needed a thread about this? It’s pretty obvious that best case scenario for Lemieux is he gets back playing sometime in December for us. And that’s best case. So many people are letting a plug ruin their day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad