OT: What show should I watch next?

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Watching Avenue 5 (HBO) currently and... it's different. Anyone else watch this one?

I watched the first episode and hated it. I heard it gets better. It wasn't my thing, but then again I never know what comedies I will like. On HBO, I prefer Curb Your Enthusiasm, Barry, Insecure, Silicon Valley, and for some reason, The Righteous Gemstones.

Reactions: Maximus

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
I have been watching Cobra Kai on YouTube. It’s much better than I thought it would be!

Im still early in Season 2 so no spoilers please. I also plan to watch Knives Out later today.

Reactions: Leetch3

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Just finished Ozark seas 3. Pretty good, not great like seas 1-2. Last 5 seconds of the season is the best part, of course.

Finally getting through Dark which is slow af but good. I mean I love atmosphere but some shows take it too far and use it as an excuse to stretch episodes out. Every scene has to be pointlessly tense and in slow motion? Probably my biggest gripe with the whole format.

Just finished episode 3 of Ozark and I think I see where things are going which intrigues me. I’ll reserve judgement as to whether it’s as good or not as good as seasons 1&2 until I finish it, which seeing I don’t have the classic Mets Astros Games 5&6 of the 1986 NLCS to distract me, I’ll likely finish it today...lol

So far tho I have not been disappointed as Ozark is pulling its usual shit to keep us entertained.

Laura Linnney btw is a phenomenal actress. She steals every scene she’s in

Reactions: motopanekeku

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
and you get to see every inch of her in the movie The Dreamers. Only 2 bodies have ever made me fall out of my chair while watching tv: Eva Green in the Dreamers and Alexandra Daddario in that scene from True Detective.

Yah that Alexandra Daddario True Detective scene with Woody Harrelson is one for the annals as far as “hotties on display”.

I have seen that sequel to “300” and Eva Green was looking mighty fine. That said I have not seen the movie nor the scene in Dreamers with Eva Green on full display and I feel neglected.

I do know a place that likely does however and I’ll be back with my “review” of said scene starring the most hot Eva Green a little later on...lol

Reactions: nyrage

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Yah that Alexandra Daddario True Detective scene with Woody Harrelson is one for the annals as far as “hotties on display”.

I have seen that sequel to “300” and Eva Green was looking mighty fine. That said I have not seen the movie nor the scene in Dreamers with Eva Green on full display and I feel neglected.

I do know a place that likely does however and I’ll be back with my “review” of said scene starring the most hot Eva Green a little later on...lol

Lol, I'm pretty sure a scene or two is on PH. However, I really like the movie, not just any scene or two although those scenes are spectacular. Wiki sums it up as the film tells the story of an American university student in Paris who, after meeting a peculiar brother and sister who are fellow film enthusiasts, becomes entangled in an erotic triangle. It comes up on HBO's The Zone channel (indie films) from time to time, but it doesn't look like it's streaming anywhere now. I have the dvd somewhere.

motopanekeku

abnormally high
Aug 23, 2009
Just finished episode 3 of Ozark and I think I see where things are going which intrigues me. I’ll reserve judgement as to whether it’s as good or not as good as seasons 1&2 until I finish it, which seeing I don’t have the classic Mets Astros Games 5&6 of the 1986 NLCS to distract me, I’ll likely finish it today...lol

So far tho I have not been disappointed as Ozark is pulling its usual shit to keep us entertained.

Laura Linnney btw is a phenomenal actress. She steals every scene she’s in
Yeah Ozark has regressed a bit. Most of what it serves up plotwise in seas 3 is predictable or borderline silly. However most of the acting and writing carries the whole thing through. There's enough heft there to make up for thinning elsewhere. At least for now.

Last edited:

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
I'm not really into anime much myself, but I highly recommend Castlevania. It's on Netflix and unlike other animated shows from my knowledge when my friends try and get me into them, this one was made specifically with the english voice actors in mind. I got hooked on the very first episode which was an amazing intro. The best part about if you wanna try it is the episodes are only 20 minutes long, so if you dont like it then you barely wasted any time, which we all seem to have too much of lately lol.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
It’s funny when you watch shows now that you see people high five or shake hands. I instinctively think now, wash your hands! Don’t touch your face or your a goner!

I'm watching the final season of ray donovan...one scene is in a drug store and the aisle is just filled with paper goods and all I could think they had no idea when they filmed this how valuable that would look lol

Reactions: Baby Duck Homme

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
for any old school wrestling fans, dark side of the ring on Vice TV is back for season 2. The first 2 episodes were on the benoit double murder/suicide. it was pretty well done and the full episodes are on youtube too...

upcoming episodes this seasons include the lifes and crimes of new jack, one on jimmy superfly snuka and the death of his girlfriend, the assassination of dino bravo and the death of owen heart...

all episodes are narrated by the GOAT and son of a former ranger, le champion chris jericho

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I'm not really into anime much myself, but I highly recommend Castlevania. It's on Netflix and unlike other animated shows from my knowledge when my friends try and get me into them, this one was made specifically with the english voice actors in mind. I got hooked on the very first episode which was an amazing intro. The best part about if you wanna try it is the episodes are only 20 minutes long, so if you dont like it then you barely wasted any time, which we all seem to have too much of lately lol.
Castlevania was excellent.

Reactions: BlessThisMess513

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
It’s just hours of WTF and laughing with my girlfriend. Everyone is nuts one way or another. Some in multiple ways.

I was going to watch it but than I found out Ozark's 3rd season was now available. I'll definitely watch it after I finish Ozark as I've heard too many good things about it.

Reactions: CasusBelli

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
and you get to see every inch of her in the movie The Dreamers. Only 2 bodies have ever made me fall out of my chair while watching tv: Eva Green in the Dreamers and Alexandra Daddario in that scene from True Detective.
Yeah, those two are genetic freaks in the best way possible.

Reactions: nyrage

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Any good documentaries or even better docu-series out there? I really like true crime. I feel like after a good run I've gone a bit dry. Crip camp was recommended and thought it sucked. Or maybe it got better but I couldn't watch it beyond 25 minutes.

Reactions: DanishRanger

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Lol, I'm pretty sure a scene or two is on PH. However, I really like the movie, not just any scene or two although those scenes are spectacular. Wiki sums it up as the film tells the story of an American university student in Paris who, after meeting a peculiar brother and sister who are fellow film enthusiasts, becomes entangled in an erotic triangle. It comes up on HBO's The Zone channel (indie films) from time to time, but it doesn't look like it's streaming anywhere now. I have the dvd somewhere.

So I checked out Eva Green on PH and yes, she's as I suspected she would look....very hot!

I had forgotten she was in Sin City and dang...she looked awesome there as well.

Also while I was there figured might as well check out Daddario again and man oh man...she is one fine speciman...mmm mmm mmm.

Reactions: Leetch3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad