OT: What show should I watch next?

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
So I don't actually need any advice, I've got a few lined up, but I figured it would be fun to post TV shows people here are watching or have watched in the past that are worth watching. Just 1 rule. No more than 5 TV shows per person. You get 5...that's it. (Deal with it!)

I'll start.

1)breaking bad
2) Battlestar Galactica (new)
3)Firefly & the movie serenity (super quick watch)
4)black mirror
5)stranger things.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Geeze I can only pick 5....I have like 30!...lol

I'll tell ya what, I'm not going to name the usual Breaking Bad's, Game of Thrones, Soprano's, The Wire's, Band of Brothers of the world, I'm going to list 5 series that I've seen in the past that are on the "unsung" or "underrated" side. These are series that most of y'all haven't seen or maybe you are wanting to see it.

Anyways, here goes and this is in order of watchability.

1. Justified-Netflix. No one talks about this show and it certainly doesn't get the credit it deserves which is criminal. This show is in my top 5 of all time but no one really has watched it and it's startling. It's serious and peeps die but it doesn't take it's self too seriously. It's also one of the funniest drama's you'll ever watch as some of the characters are very memorable. I think if I had another kid, I'd name him Raylan...lol. Anyways, go watch it...you won't regret it!!

2. Peaky Blinders-Netflix. I've probably mentioned this show a few dozen times to you guys but if any of y'all were wanting to watch it but putting it off, well now due to this zombie apocalypse shit we are dealing with, now you have the time to invest some time into this phenomenal show. Now I'm a big fan of British TV series and so maybe I'm biased but I'd say Peaky is the best show that most of y'all have never seen!

3. Hunters-Amazon Prime. I just finished this new series a few days ago and I loved it. It has a Inglorious Bastards/Tarantino type vibe to it. I couldn't get enough of it. I think I binged it in 2 nights and was up to 4 AM on a weekday one of those nights....argggg...lol

4. Narcos-Netflix. I finished the 4th season of this masterpiece...it is so f'n good. 1rst season deals with Pablo Escobar...2nd season deals with the Cali Cartel and the 3rd and 4th seasons are based in Mexico and how the El Chapo's of the world came to be. If your like me and the whole drug/cartel shit intrigues you, well this show if for you. Great acting as well.

5. Ozark-Netflix. Gotta say that at first I didn't think it was going to be all that good. But dang was I wrong. I was hooked from the get go and if any of y'all haven't seen it, you'll get hooked as well. Great acting again and pretty funny as well.

Reactions: leetch99

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
With politics, pandemics, and global recessions, sometimes I just want to watch something upbeat. Here are five Netflix shows where nothing bad happens, or at least everything is alright at the end:

Somebody Feed Phil (Food)
Parks and Recreation (Comedy)
Star Trek: The Next Generation (Sci-Fi)
The Repair Shop (Docuseries)
Merlin (Fantasy)

Last edited:

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
So I don't actually need any advice, I've got a few lined up, but I figured it would be fun to post TV shows people here are watching or have watched in the past that are worth watching. Just 1 rule. No more than 5 TV shows per person. You get 5...that's it. (Deal with it!)

I'll start.

1)breaking bad
2) Battlestar Galactica (new)
3)Firefly & the movie serenity (super quick watch)
4)black mirror
5)stranger things.
Never saw Breaking Bad but I agree with the other four, although I thought BSG ran out of steam after the first couple of seasons.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’ll do categories

The Witcher
Vikings
Black Sails
Taboo
Peaky Blinders
Sherlock
American Gods

Parks and Rec
The Good Place

90 Day Fiancé
Any cooking challenge/home renovation show

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Geeze I can only pick 5....I have like 30!...lol

I'll tell ya what, I'm not going to name the usual Breaking Bad's, Game of Thrones, Soprano's, The Wire's, Band of Brothers of the world, I'm going to list 5 series that I've seen in the past that are on the "unsung" or "underrated" side. These are series that most of y'all haven't seen or maybe you are wanting to see it.

Anyways, here goes and this is in order of watchability.

1. Justified-Netflix. No one talks about this show and it certainly doesn't get the credit it deserves which is criminal. This show is in my top 5 of all time but no one really has watched it and it's startling. It's serious and peeps die but it doesn't take it's self too seriously. It's also one of the funniest drama's you'll ever watch as some of the characters are very memorable. I think if I had another kid, I'd name him Raylan...lol. Anyways, go watch it...you won't regret it!!

2. Peaky Blinders-Netflix. I've probably mentioned this show a few dozen times to you guys but if any of y'all were wanting to watch it but putting it off, well now due to this zombie apocalypse shit we are dealing with, now you have the time to invest some time into this phenomenal show. Now I'm a big fan of British TV series and so maybe I'm biased but I'd say Peaky is the best show that most of y'all have never seen!

3. Hunters-Amazon Prime. I just finished this new series a few days ago and I loved it. It has a Inglorious Bastards/Tarantino type vibe to it. I couldn't get enough of it. I think I binged it in 2 nights and was up to 4 AM on a weekday one of those nights....argggg...lol

4. Narcos-Netflix. I finished the 4th season of this masterpiece...it is so f'n good. 1rst season deals with Pablo Escobar...2nd season deals with the Cali Cartel and the 3rd and 4th seasons are based in Mexico and how the El Chapo's of the world came to be. If your like me and the whole drug/cartel shit intrigues you, well this show if for you. Great acting as well.

5. Ozark-Netflix. Gotta say that at first I didn't think it was going to be all that good. But dang was I wrong. I was hooked from the get go and if any of y'all haven't seen it, you'll get hooked as well. Great acting again and pretty funny as well.

great choices man! About to start Hunters right now! Narcos is just amazing. People said it isn’t as good without Escobar but it’s still pretty damn awesome

Reactions: Maximus

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I’ll do categories

The Witcher
Vikings
Black Sails
Taboo
Peaky Blinders
Sherlock
American Gods

Parks and Rec
The Good Place

90 Day Fiancé
Any cooking challenge/home renovation show
The Good Place might be my favorite network sitcom ever. Just a brilliant show all around.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Colonel

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Toast of London - batshit crazy and glorious British "sitcom".
Man Down - see above.
Terrace House - if you watch with your S/O. The hosts are really funny.
Another vote for Parks and Rec.
The Chef Show is pretty good.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
great choices man! About to start Hunters right now! Narcos is just amazing. People said it isn’t as good without Escobar but it’s still pretty damn awesome

Thx bro...glad to hear you like some of my choices as well.

Look fwd to reading your thoughts about Hunters. I'd be shocked if you weren't like me and chomping at the bit for the 2nd season.

Totally agree with your comments about Narcos. I was wondering myself how the series could be as good as the phenomonal 1st season which was all about the Escobar cartel in Columbia in the 80's.

But, the next 3 seasons were just as good and I have to believe there will be another season or two.

If you get a chance down the road, you have to watch Justified...it's so friggen good. Matter of fact I'm going to watch it again after I finish watching Designated Survior which I'm currently in the middle of the first season. I have to admit, this series is pretty good as well if you also like political intrigue and stuff like that as I do.

In the same political intrigue light, House of Cards is also an amazing series that is a must watch.

Bottom line peeps, we are going to be inside alot more than we ever have and there are no Ranger games and the baseball season to watch for a few months. So why not watch some of these great series that are available to us.

Kudos to Inferno for starting this thread...:)

Reactions: bl02

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
I pretty much agree with all the picks above.

One that has not been mentioned and that I feel is criminally underrated is...

BOSCH!

Absolutely perfect.

Edit:

The Knick as well. Too good, too underrated.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Battlestar Galactica - best TV sci fi in the history of television, IMHO
Firefly/Serenity - could've been but waaaaay too short. Great show.
Game of Thrones
Vikings
Justified

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Tier 1: The Good Stuff
Rome
Vikings
The Stranger
Bodyguard
Fleabag
Entourage

Tier 2: The world is ending. Bring on the crap!
90-Day Fiancée
Summer House
Workout

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad