OT: What show should I watch next?

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
Some of you might remember the "reality show" Ice Pilots Northwest territories which featured the McBryan family running Buffalo Aiways flying their old WW2 transport aircraft.

One of the McBryans is Mikey. In his vlog series "Plane savers" which features his attempts to resurrect and restore an old DC-3 in 6 months in time for D-day 75 year anniversary 6th June 2019.

Plane savers consists of almost 160 episodes of various length (roughly from 8-10 minutes up to about 60 minutes long). The first 90 epiosdes is mostly about fundraising, preparations and
presentations of other projects while the rest of the episodes mostly are about the work on the aircraft.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Not sure if it's been discussed, but highly recommend Money Heist or also known as La Casa De Papel on Netflix. Also, even if you are a person who doesn't usually enjoy subtitles, this one is worth it.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
OK gentleman....I got a show that I've binged and it's so good that I'm pissed I have too wait till season 4 starts next year.

The show I'm referring too is "Yellowstone". Holy mother of god. I went into it from a referral from a friend of mine here at home, with a cynical attitude seeing it was a story about a ranch in Montana led by Kevin Costner and the shit that goes on...I mean how good can that be...right?

Wrong....it's f'n great!. Totally hooked. For any of y'all who like Ozark as much as I do, Yellowstone has that kind of a vibe too it except it's in Montana and not Missouri or Arkansas or wherever Ozark is filmed...I think it's Arkansas.

Anyways...some wild shit happens in this show and I highly highly recommend it.....your welcome....lol

Reactions: egelband

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Not sure if anyone is into it but check out Locked Up Abroad on Nat Geo.

Interesting stuff..

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Umbrella Academy is delightfully weird and unpredictable (for the most part). Klaus is fantastic.

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
I finished The Wire a month ago for the first time and loved it. It doesn't top Band of Brothers for me, and I don't think anything will at this point. Game of Thrones had a strong chance but season 8 left the worst taste in my mouth. So it's BoB, The Wire, Breaking Bad, and GoT for my favorites. I've been interested in the Sopranos but 6 (I think) seasons is quite the commitment for me right now, but I do need a show to binge on soon. So idk

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I finished The Wire a month ago for the first time and loved it. It doesn't top Band of Brothers for me, and I don't think anything will at this point. Game of Thrones had a strong chance but season 8 left the worst taste in my mouth. So it's BoB, The Wire, Breaking Bad, and GoT for my favorites. I've been interested in the Sopranos but 6 (I think) seasons is quite the commitment for me right now, but I do need a show to binge on soon. So idk

you’ve been interested in The Sopranos? Interested? Put it at the top and don’t look back.

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
you’ve been interested in The Sopranos? Interested? Put it at the top and don’t look back.
It's funny, I live in the Ozone Park/Richmond Hill area and only saw Goodfellas last year. I haven't seen a lot of Mafia related movies/TV shows for whatever reason. You're not the first to have that reaction, so I'll probably get started this weekend.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
a little random but apparently there is a new hockey themed movie "Odd Man Rush" ...the casts includes Trevor Gretzky (Wayne's son) and Alexa Lemieux (Mario's daughter)

Reactions: mrmovies779

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
We have HBOMax and as soon as I saw they had the Soprano's... I decided to give it a try. Three weeks later I am halfway through the 5th season.

After that will probably be Yellowstone.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

I believe I've watched in full the Wire 3 times and I was a Johnny come lately too it as well. Didn't watch it for first time until 6 years ago as I just never had the time. Well the Wire was so good I've watched it now 3 times in 6 years. Just an incredible show.

The realism of the show is just tremendous. I mean I'm pretty damn sure the way showrunner David Simon created it that I know for sure what it's like to be on the streets of West Baltimore withought having stepped foot there. The cast tho is what makes it so memorable. Too be able to have character names like Omar, Snoop, Marlo, Stringer Bell, Jimmy McNulty, Bubbles, Avon Barksdale, Bunk etched in your mind as if they were real is the mark of genius.

I dunno, like you, I'm a huge BOB fan...Breaking Bad, GOT, Sopranos, I'd add Justified, The Shield as well. But when I put it all together and if I had too choose the best "non comedic" TV series of all time, The Wire IMO is the greatest series ever made.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
It's funny, I live in the Ozone Park/Richmond Hill area and only saw Goodfellas last year. I haven't seen a lot of Mafia related movies/TV shows for whatever reason. You're not the first to have that reaction, so I'll probably get started this weekend.

I always tell peeps who haven't watched the Sopranos, go too YouTube and type in "Sopranos Pine Barrens episode" where they can get snippets of that incredible episode and if they aren't chomping at the bit too start binging from season 1 episode 1, I'd have too question whether they have a pulse or breathing.

Sopranos especially for New Yorkers/New Jerseyites has a special place in our hearts. Just something about having driven thru and been too alot of the places Tony and the boys were doing their business. Shit me and some of my buds at the time used too go too Satin Dolls in Lodi which is the real "Bada Bing" strip club. I mean it's exactly the same as nothing was different in the show.

Sopranos is must see TV...incredible show!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->