OT: What show should I watch next?

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
Forbrydelsen is absolutely amazing. Didn’t include it on my list since I thought no one would know it here :) Sara Lund is such a great character.

Sara is driving the show with her relentlessness. The 20 episodes of the first series I watched in 4 days. (during a x-mas holiday).

Reactions: Kallio

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Under the radar pick: Broadchurch

Also, if you want intense drama: Big Little Lies.

Nice picks there. I saw both of these series and agree with ya...both are underrated solid series. I've mentioned it a few times, I'm a big fan of British TV series....Peaky Blinders,The Bodyguard, The Fallen, The Last Kingdom, The Crown to name a few but Broadchurch ended up being alot better than I expected.

To be honest, didn't think I'd get into Big Little Lies when reading the premise. But boy was I wrong...got caught up in it hook line and sinker.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
You guys should watch Bosch, it's the best detective show on tv at present. Season 6 is coming in a few weeks. Anyone, that has watched it at my suggestion has absolutely loved it.

Zero Zero Zero is very good to excellent, Hunters isn't very good.

Season one of Jack Ryan was excellent, season 2 was kind of eh, it was way too far fetched in my opinion.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Just finished the first season of Designated Survivor. 21 f'n episodes but they are only 40 minutes long.

Gotta admit, at first I didn't think I was going to follow thru and finish it but there was enough political intrigue,twists, plots, conspiracies to keep me intrigued enough to where I had to keep going. And glad I did.

Now my choices are start season 2 of Designated or as has been suggested by both my daughters and a few my compadres in here to check out this Tiger King show which from what I hear is totally off the hook wacky but that I'd like it.

I dunno...tough call but leaning towards Tiger King

Reactions: Barnaby

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
You guys should watch Bosch, it's the best detective show on tv at present. Season 6 is coming in a few weeks. Anyone, that has watched it at my suggestion has absolutely loved it.

Zero Zero Zero is very good to excellent, Hunters isn't very good.

Season one of Jack Ryan was excellent, season 2 was kind of eh, it was way too far fetched in my opinion.
Bosch has been on my Amazon watchlist for awhile. I think I'll start it next.

Reactions: Miamipuck

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
So I don't actually need any advice, I've got a few lined up, but I figured it would be fun to post TV shows people here are watching or have watched in the past that are worth watching. Just 1 rule. No more than 5 TV shows per person. You get 5...that's it. (Deal with it!)

I'll start.

1)breaking bad
2) Battlestar Galactica (new)
3)Firefly & the movie serenity (super quick watch)
4)black mirror
5)stranger things.

1 and 4 are both amazing. I'm currently watching Pandemic. If only Rick and Morty would save us with some new episodes....

Edit: Also Expedition Unknown is pretty underrated.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Agreed about Jack Ryan...nice call Will I Am.

Watched both seasons and definitely a solid watch. If you like the Jason Bourne , James Bond, Mission Impossible-Tom Cruise type shit, this show is for you.

Quite good. It has been renewed for S3.

And the critical assassination scene was done like a homage to the one in Harrison Ford's Clear and Present Danger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maximus

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Gotta throw in another one - The Outsider (HBO) - it turned out to be something I really didn't expect where I was expecting another cop/crime drama show. I'm not going to give anything away, but give it a whirl if you're self isolating etc...

Reactions: Maximus

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Gotta throw in another one - The Outsider (HBO) - it turned out to be something I really didn't expect where I was expecting another cop/crime drama show. I'm not going to give anything away, but give it a whirl if you're self isolating etc...

I did give it a shot and as let me say “interesting” so as to also not give anything away, as it was, I kind of liked it as well and would also recommend others to give it a shot!

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Tiger King is overrated.

It is...eh? Was debating watching it or do 2nd season of Designated Survivor. However I thought I read season 3 of Ozark was going to be released today.

If that’s the case, Ozark is the easy call. That said without giving things away, why was Tiger King over hyped?

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Has anyone see Chernobyl on HBO? Only about 5 episodes, but what an awesome mini series. It was a like a multi part movie.

I keep trying to watch the first episode and either I get distracted or it's really late at night and Ifall asleep before I can finish... do plan on watching the entire series though....

Is there going to be a season 2 or was this a one-and-done type of series?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->