OT: What show should I watch next?

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
1)Mindhunter- Netflix
2)Better Call Saul- Netflix
3)Murdoch Mysteries -Netflix
4)Brooklyn 99- Netflix
5)Black Monday- Crave

5 fantastic shows that I have enjoyed watching within the last year. A good mixture of drama, thriller, comedy and crime/mystery. Should be something in there for everyone.

Honourable mentions: The Goldbergs, Veronica Mars, Ozark, Psych

I left out shows like The Office, Breaking Bad, Strangers Things, Park and Recreation etc because they are all fantastic, and are mentioned by a large group in this thread. But they are all obviously worth a watch.

Reactions: Maximus

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Mindhunter has been recommended many times to me recently, gonna watch now.

Savvy move as Mindhunter both seasons were excellent. I’m a sucker for true crime type shit and this show takes real life shit from serial killers of the past and creates a narrative that works so well.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Before we had a real plague in the real world, i been suggesting Counterpart, on Starz and Amazon i think
Wish they'd gotten a 3rd season made
But it might be too close to home for some, the parallel dimension being plague ravaged with near empty streets, people wearing masks, etc

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Any good documentaries or even better docu-series out there? I really like true crime. I feel like after a good run I've gone a bit dry. Crip camp was recommended and thought it sucked. Or maybe it got better but I couldn't watch it beyond 25 minutes.
Dirty Money, American Greed, Smartest Guys in The Room.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Dirty Money, American Greed, Smartest Guys in The Room.

Finished watching Dirty Money, I haven't seen American Greed in a while, but mostly because it's just not on my mind now, but it's one of my very favorite shows. I saw and read Smartest Guys in the Room (I read it in like 2009). You seem to know my tastes, thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: CasusBelli

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Finished watching Dirty Money, I haven't seen American Green in a while, but mostly because it's just not on my mind now, but it's one of my very favorite shows. I saw and read Smartest Guys in the Room (I read it in like 2009). You seem to know my tastes, thanks!

Snow quick unrelated question.

I've wondered this before. but always forget to ask.

Is your avatar Liam Gallagher formerly lead singer of Oasis?

If not, it looks like him.

Or is there a band called Snowblind? Inquiring minds want to know the answer to this critical question...lol

Quick edit...went to too Google and apparently there is a Black Sabbath tribute band Snowblind. So I guess my question has been answered. I'll leave it here anyways but your avatar does look like Liam.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Snow quick unrelated question.

I've wondered this before. but always forget to ask.

Is your avatar Liam Gallagher formerly lead singer of Oasis?

If not, it looks like him.

Or is there a band called Snowblind? Inquiring minds want to know the answer to this critical question...lol

Quick edit...went to too Google and apparently there is a Black Sabbath tribute band Snowblind. So I guess my question has been answered. I'll leave it here anyways but your avatar does look like Liam.

You are almost there. That's Ozzie Osbourne of Black Sabbath. Snowblind is one of my favorite Sabbath songs.

Edit: Now I wonder if there's also a tribute band, and if that's in fact Ozzie, I think it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maximus

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Finished watching Dirty Money, I haven't seen American Greed in a while, but mostly because it's just not on my mind now, but it's one of my very favorite shows. I saw and read Smartest Guys in the Room (I read it in like 2009). You seem to know my tastes, thanks!
Happy to oblige. :thumbu:

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Tiger King. Holy shit you guys.
b87568aa-6e81-4002-9036-503b073995b0

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Not what I normally watch but it was engrossing, I watched "The platform".

It was interesting and crazy. Kind of a mindf***.

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Zero zero zero is pretty good on amazon. From the author of the Gomorrah show (Roberto Saviano) which in my opinion is the best mafia/mob show of all time. Yes even better than the sopranos.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'm up to episode 7 of Ozark season 3 and not sure who said that it wasn't up to par of the first two seasons, I gotta disagree as I'm loving this seasons story ark alot.

After this we do Tiger King to see what all the fuss is about. Until than tho, Ozark has been en fuego!!

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
You are almost there. That's Ozzie Osbourne of Black Sabbath. Snowblind is one of my favorite Sabbath songs.

Edit: Now I wonder if there's also a tribute band, and if that's in fact Ozzie, I think it is.

Well the shirt on your avatar now that I look at it more closely says Black Sabbath tribute and so it's probably the lead singer for the band Snowblind which is a cover band for Sabbath.

I listened to the song you posted and I had never heard it before even tho I once upon a time I had a "Sabbath phase" back in my youth. It's a pretty good song and I can see why you like it.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I highly recommend Kingdom on Netflix. I mentioned it earlier in the thread but now having finished both seasons I can testify that it really is a great show. Think Game of Thrones mixed with The Walking Dead in medieval Korea.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Well the shirt on your avatar now that I look at it more closely says Black Sabbath tribute and so it's probably the lead singer for the band Snowblind which is a cover band for Sabbath.

I listened to the song you posted and I had never heard it before even tho I once upon a time I had a "Sabbath phase" back in my youth. It's a pretty good song and I can see why you like it.

Yeah, I saw "tribute" on it also and wondered that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad