What player will be massively overrated following his playoff performance?

Wackster

Apr 5, 2017
Quebec city
sure... speaking of the Knights forwards, would you say they are having an AWESOME series despite their gooseggs? guess your infinite hockey wisdom has it's own look and feel :lol:

Well those player are there to put ppoints on the board... If you need Chiarot to do that you will have a Buffalo Sabres type of season

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Well those player are there to put ppoints on the board... If you need Chiarot to do that you will have a Buffalo Sabres type of season

Go find how many dmen in playoff history that have played top pairing/25+ min and contributed zero offensively...

Wouldn't categorize that as awesome.

Plekaturtlenec

Jan 11, 2014
Toronto
Vasilevsky could steal a series if he had to; it's just that he's never been forced to do it. Price is playing very well in these playoffs, but age has caught up with him and he's no longer the superhuman he once was, whereas Vasilevsky is at his peak. So yeah, if they switched places, I think Tampa would be worse off.

What aspect of Price's game makes him "no longer the superhuman he once was"?

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Price. He's been lights-out in just a handful of games and actually has let in some stinkers in just the same amount of games. Don't get me wrong, he's overall been outstanding and clearly the best goalie in the final 4, but he'll be touted the savior and likely win the Conn Smythe if Habs win the cup, when in fact, the team has allowed the fewest inner slot chances of any team in the playoffs. He's no Roy, Brodeur, Smith, Fuhr...etc, etc. IMO.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Price. He's been lights-out in just a handful of games and actually has let in some stinkers in just the same amount of games. Don't get me wrong, he's overall been outstanding and clearly the best goalie in the final 4, but he'll be touted the savior and likely win the Conn Smythe if Habs win the cup, when in fact, the team has allowed the fewest inner slot chances of any team in the playoffs. He's no Roy, Brodeur, Smith, Fuhr...etc, etc. IMO.

You need to listen to the experts. The NHLPA and what they have voted for several years in a row now. But to quote the great GM... "There are millions of expert GM fans living in the basements of the parents house" :laugh:

Price is good. Good team D and good goaltending go hand and hand. One needs the other to go on deep runs. I think you think Price should be able to shelter any team flaws on D right? It don't work that way

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
You need to listen to the experts. The NHLPA and what they have voted for several years in a row now. But to quote the great GM... "There are millions of expert GM fans living in the basements of the parents house" :laugh:

Price is good. Good team D and good goaltending go hand and hand. One needs the other to go on deep runs. I think you think Price should be able to shelter any team flaws on D right? It don't work that way

This post is a weak flame-job. Been watching the game for over 50 years. I think I'm qualified enough. Probably more than you. And yes, if you're being paid over 10m as a goalie, YOU SHOULD be at the most elite of elite levels and save the teams ass when called on. Not let floaters in from the blueline or high slot. Please check out highlights or full games of Roy or the other goalies I mentioned and maybe you'll have a better understanding. LMAO.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This post is a weak flame-job. Been watching the game for over 50 years. I think I'm qualified enough. Probably more than you. And yes, if you're being paid over 10m as a goalie, YOU SHOULD be at the most elite of elite levels and save the teams ass when called on. Not let floaters in from the blueline or high slot. Please check out highlights or full games of Roy or the other goalies I mentioned and maybe you'll have a better understanding. LMAO.

You are not more qualified than actual NHL players. But you can try to think you are....

Price is a generational talent in net. He's been among the best for pretty much a decade or more. That's rare. Usually goalies have a few years of being near the top.

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
Evans????? Why?????????

Martinez is a turnover machine. Don't know how he'll be overrated.

The injury he sustained because of Scheifele's hit has given somewhat of a martyr status with some fans and some IMO overate his play these playoffs because of that

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Not sure how a team will see Danault not producing any points and be able to overpay him with a flat cap. He's essentially showing to be a good 3rd liner. Feel Montreal is the perfect spot for him to make money. Armia likely going to get 4+M though, he keeps being clutch. Hopefully Chiarot/Byron get overrated enough to be traded for good value.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
For those who said Danault, the guy has two assists, one of them being an empty netter. And he has been on the ice for 2 Montreal goals in 16 games, playing 20+ min a game. I'd be surprised if he's offered more than 4+M. There a limit of what you can pay a one-dimension defensive foward.

The guy is playing great defensively but he's not alone. He didn't stopped Matthews and Marner by himself. It's a 6-man defense in Montreal right now, and it not like the opponents are scoring when he's on the bench either.

Reactions: Jazzped

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
Though the chances are getting slimmer and slimmer i gotta say i still believe Armia could become a late blooming star player. Like a great 60-70 point two way beast. He's such a skilled player but lacks finnish and consistency. Probably every Habs would think that he's offensively better than his stats. Maybe this playoff run will give him the extra confidence he needs.

He actually was considered pretty much a pure goal scorer when he was a youngster. No he's a defensive forward who sometimes couldn't score to save his life. Such a confusing career path.

Wackster

Apr 5, 2017
Quebec city
Go find how many dmen in playoff history that have played top pairing/25+ min and contributed zero offensively...

Wouldn't categorize that as awesome.

Awesome was maybe the wrong wording, but he is pretty damn solid since yesterday... Got the feeling he will get exposed Tampa play with so much pace and are way more physical than I thought

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
That aged well. Fleury with the Vezina.

Congrats to Fleury, still shouldn't be a hall of famer.

How many years can you actually say confidently he was even a top 5 goalie in the league?... Was responsible for so many early Penguin playoff exits

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
Congrats to Fleury, still shouldn't be a hall of famer.

How many years can you actually say confidently he was even a top 5 goalie in the league?... Was responsible for so many early Penguin playoff exits

Pens seem to be doing so much better without him. :sarcasm:

robes1

Jul 22, 2015
Point.

He's obviously a great player, but some people on here already talk like he's the best in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00