What player will be massively overrated following his playoff performance?

Paradise Circus

May 27, 2010
YVR
Pelech is currently up there with Slavin when it comes to his game defensively. He doesn’t get enough coverage because he plays for a smaller market team but to say he’s massively overrated is beyond stupid. If you want to see some who’s massively overrated in the same series just watch Sergachev play.

i agree with you, I’m just saying he will probably get an inflated pay Day - wouldn’t call him massively overrated…tried to pick someone from every final 4 team.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Carey Price. Don't get me wrong the guy is flat out amazing but he isn't getting any younger, and that contract is kind of tough, especially for a goalie.

Doesn't really answer the question tho. Price still have 4 years on his contract. If anything, he will have finally earned what he's been paid for the least 4 years.

OvieGreat8

Apr 17, 2021
On sportsnet they were saying 1st ballot Hall of Fame. :eek::rolleyes:

Because he is.
Better numbers than price these playoffs.

All time stats in wins and shutouts up there with all time greats in regular season and playoffs.

People think Price is a hof goalie when he's a joke.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
He just allowed a weak tiebreaker during the 3rd period and literally shifts later SN is describing his brilliance.

Dude is like a f***ing deity.
Not a fan of Montreal, but the dude is playing great, he makes a lot of the saves look very easy.
In fact the whole team is doing great.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Because he is.
Better numbers than price these playoffs.

All time stats in wins and shutouts up there with all time greats in regular season and playoffs.

People think Price is a hof goalie when he's a joke.

Better Numbers than Price in these playoffs you claim.
Do you just pull words out of your ass.
Games played both 15
Wins
Price -10
Fleury -9
Losses
Price 5
Flurey-6
Save %
Price-.931
Fleury-.921

GAA
Fleury-1.97
Price-2.09

Now what were you saying about Fleury having Better numbers than price these playoffs. :laugh:

Reactions: abo9

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
His scoring comparables are Buchnevich, Lindholm, Miller, Palat, Strome, and Gaudreau, didn't come close to PPG.
Don't be foolish. I guess you missed his performance last year as well. THE ONLY 2 ISLANDERS wins were when he was NOT in the lineup.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Mackinnon.

Every season he scores something crazy like 250 points in first 7 games and then he just vanishes.
And people somehow rate him as a #1 player in the NHL.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Danault and Armia have probably got themselves a nice payday coming after blowing chunks in the regular season.

Nah, Danault is a legit good player. He'll be worth the money he gets. Armia however is pretty much useless most of the time. I'm happy with his performance in these playoffs but someone is going to overpay for his services this offseason and I hope it won't be the Habs.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Mackinnon.

Every season he scores something crazy like 250 points in first 7 games and then he just vanishes.
And people somehow rate him as a #1 player in the NHL.

They're not wrong.

Id take MacKinnon over peak Crosby and McDavid combined just to see those 7 games. 250 is a lot of points

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
I don't think Kuch is the only reason for that difference. He's part of it, don't get me wrong, although the flip side of that coin is also true -- Point turns Kucherov into a playmaking monster.

Point doesn't only score from in close though. He scores pretty much any way you can think. And the crazy part is he has a playmaker's skillset. It's his mentality, mainly, that makes him such an effective goal-scorer. But the big thing is the timing of it. He thrives under pressure like very, very few players.

That’s why these threads are tricky. Overrated relative to what? Is Point a goal a game player?

Point is elite. Full stop.

His playoff performances will certainly make people think he’s a top 5 guy in the NHL. Heck look at his playoff goal totals. His agent will certainly be pitching he’s the BEST player in the NHL.

Which is really what this thread is about. Perception vs reality.

Reality is Point is a top 15/20 player playing with a top 5 player (Kuch) that has A+ vision.

If someone, and many will, think he’s a top 5 guy, then he’s overrated.

Reactions: The Gongshow

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Martinez and Danault seem like good answers.

Martinez is too old to warrant a big contract this summer but some desperate GM, probably Fletcher in Philly, will give him like 3-4 years at over $4 million.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Is this a joke? Fleury is an absolute hall of famer. I really didn't think that was any question...? I'm shocked anyone could doubt it

He's played for a long time and has been fortunate to be on some good teams, but what about his play makes him a hall of famer?

Hell he hasn't even won a Vezina

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
My answer would be Phillip Danault.

- he is getting a ton of hype for being a top shutdown center
- due for a new contract and is UFA
- there will be a lot of pressure on MTL to keep him, French player playing in Montreal
- overrated because as good as he is defensively, he's played the most of any Montreal forward and only provided 2 assists in 15gp. A forward playing that much has to produce more.

I think the contract he ends up with will be way too high given his lack of offense.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Chiarot and Edmundson are already being put on pedestals in many habs fans minds...

both are playing really gritty, high effort, put it all on the line type of performances... and both are, if we're being honest, very limited players who should not be subject to the 22-25 min a night they are courageously taking on. Without Price behind them, the holes in their respective games would be exposed far more readily. Both are solid, but unspectacular, 2nd pairing dmen caliber players (or excellent 3rd pairing dmen), but some fans are praising them as bonafide top-3 dmen... a level that their games just doesn't live up to.
I agree , but we have Price and these 2 have been pretty amazing atpreventing high danger chances so far... sure they aren't fancy or offensively gifted/productive, but that's not the habs play style anyway

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Kucherov. He's already massively overrated. Who is the best D in the league? His teammate. Who is the best Goalie in the league? His teammate. On top of that he has all sorts of very good players to play with. Stamkos, Point, etc.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad