What player will be massively overrated following his playoff performance?

Wackster

Apr 5, 2017
Quebec city
Definitely guys on the Habs

Armia I could see being super overrated after this. Chiarot too. Eric Staal is a good name.

I also believe a team will overpay the crap out of Danauly for these series but I'm hoping Mtl can resign him 5M or less...

Being Danault I would ask for 6M... he is the only one winning D-zone faceoff... Armia might the most talented guy of the bunch he is just so sloppy

Wackster

Apr 5, 2017
Quebec city
Chiarot and Edmundson are already being put on pedestals in many habs fans minds...

both are playing really gritty, high effort, put it all on the line type of performances... and both are, if we're being honest, very limited players who should not be subject to the 22-25 min a night they are courageously taking on. Without Price behind them, the holes in their respective games would be exposed far more readily. Both are solid, but unspectacular, 2nd pairing dmen caliber players (or excellent 3rd pairing dmen), but some fans are praising them as bonafide top-3 dmen... a level that their games just doesn't live up to.

They are awesome playoff performer because the space is so much reduce but soso season player, because referee actually do their job and the games are less tighter

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Kucherov. He's already massively overrated. Who is the best D in the league? His teammate. Who is the best Goalie in the league? His teammate. On top of that he has all sorts of very good players to play with. Stamkos, Point, etc.
Look at our PP without him (just look at the stats this season).

Look at our PP during the playoffs.

Look at Point's stats without him.

Look at Point's stats with him.

Reactions: Matsun

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I don't agree with the folks saying Danault is being overrated. He's been recognized as a top shutdown center for a few years now by fans, coaches and some of the better players in the league, so this hype is nothing new, surprising or unwarranted. Armia however is spot on... he's a playoff performer for sure, but only shows up for about 10-15 games during the season.

Reactions: kabidjan18

CuuuJooo

May 28, 2021
Agreed. It's common knowledge that it's way harder to produce offensively in the regular season.

Not to mention that he's a small player used to the shorter college season.

Oh, I guess I did just mention that.

And I agree with whomever cited Jack Campbell upthread. As a Leafs fan (sigh), I love the guy's story, but I don't love the small sample size, and I'm not sure he has the temperament to be a #1. The maintenance that seemed to be required in the shortened season was also pretty worrisome. Moreover, I don't care what the playoff numbers say. He wasn't as good as Price when he needed to be. Not even close.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
My answer would be Phillip Danault.

- he is getting a ton of hype for being a top shutdown center
- due for a new contract and is UFA
- there will be a lot of pressure on MTL to keep him, French player playing in Montreal
- overrated because as good as he is defensively, he's played the most of any Montreal forward and only provided 2 assists in 15gp. A forward playing that much has to produce more.

I think the contract he ends up with will be way too high given his lack of offense.

You said it. They will toss way to much money for what he brings and you've hit every reason.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Kucherov. He's already massively overrated. Who is the best D in the league? His teammate. Who is the best Goalie in the league? His teammate. On top of that he has all sorts of very good players to play with. Stamkos, Point, etc.
It's almost as if Tampa has been a successful team because they have a bunch of good players. Who would've thought.

Also, I do love the fact that Kucherov is overrated because of... Vasi? That's a new one.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
They are awesome playoff performer because the space is so much reduce but soso season player, because referee actually do their job and the games are less tighter

Chiarot has zero points... In 16 games, playing 25+min a night.

It's working, but nothing about that individual performance rates as "awesome" (except, of course, the courageous effort... which by the 3rd round, is common amongst most, if not all, of the heavy minute players on all 4 teams)

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
It's almost as if Tampa has been a successful team because they have a bunch of good players. Who would've thought.

Also, I do love the fact that Kucherov is overrated because of... Vasi? That's a new one.

Kuch is the best player in the world right now. If Kuch and McDavid swapped I guarantee Edmonton would have had a better showing.

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002

Any mention of Kucherov and overrated is out to lunch. This is a guy that will likely hit back-to-back 30pt playoff performances which has not been done since Lemieux and Gretzky.
He would also join those 2 plus Jari Kurri and Mark Messier as the only players ever to have 2 30+ point playoff years. Think of all the players gone by that never achieved this or came close.

Reactions: robes1

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
It's has to be Cole Caufield right? Dude is good, but people are talking like he's the next Gretzky
I hope for his sake he can keep up the pace, but I don't know that he can

Jul 6, 2016
It's has to be Cole Caufield right? Dude is good, but people are talking like he's the next Gretzky
I hope for his sake he can keep up the pace, but I don't know that he can

Who is comparing Caufield to Gretzky ?

He will become a good (better) Camalleri.

Reactions: alasania94

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Who is comparing Caufield to Gretzky ?

He will become a good (better) Camalleri.

I said people are talking like he's the next Gretzky, not that they're actually saying he'll be anywhere near Gretzky
but I would say if you made a poll with Caufield vs Hughes, Dach, Zegras, Laferriere, Stutzle, or almost any other young forward, people would take him
heck I think people here might take him over Q Hughes and Fox.

Wackster

Apr 5, 2017
Quebec city
Chiarot has zero points... In 16 games, playing 25+min a night.

It's working, but nothing about that individual performance rates as "awesome" (except, of course, the courageous effort... which by the 3rd round, is common amongst most, if not all, of the heavy minute players on all 4 teams)

Well if you are trying to define the play of Chiarot with his stats you might be looking a the wrong place or know nothing about hockey... look at the top 9 forward stats for Vegas and you will see the value of Chiarot

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Well if you are trying to define the play of Chiarot with his stats you might be looking a the wrong place or know nothing about hockey... look at the top 9 forward stats for Vegas and you will see the value of Chiarot

sure... speaking of the Knights forwards, would you say they are having an AWESOME series despite their gooseggs? guess your infinite hockey wisdom has it's own look and feel :lol:

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I said people are talking like he's the next Gretzky, not that they're actually saying he'll be anywhere near Gretzky
but I would say if you made a poll with Caufield vs Hughes, Dach, Zegras, Laferriere, Stutzle, or almost any other young forward, people would take him
heck I think people here might take him over Q Hughes and Fox.

That’s what you think. Sounds like you’re the one overrating him.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
My guess is Tiffoli
big-bang-theory-penny-WHAT-gif.gif

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
MTL Carey Price
TBL Maybe Kucherov
VGK whole team sans refs
NYI Pageau, Trotz