What player will be massively overrated following his playoff performance?

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Wow this thread started completely off and what followed just got worst

Just a bunch of haters in here bitter that their team is not in the finals and dumping on the Habs. Price literally carried this team to the Stanley Cup finals, what else does he need to do, score goals?

Just face it, if your team was in the final and you could choose a Goalie, most of you would choose Price

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I said Price earlier and now I would like to add Vasilevsky.
I feel like people are just starting to figure out how good Vasy is.

From TB, I think Killorn was starting to get overrated, and maybe even Gourde, though both of them are very good.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Just a bunch of haters in here bitter that their team is not in the finals and dumping on the Habs. Price literally carried this team to the Stanley Cup finals, what else does he need to do, score goals?

Just face it, if your team was in the final and you could choose a Goalie, most of you would choose Price

Actually most chose Vasilevskiy already in a poll for who you would rather have going into the finals.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I feel like people are just starting to figure out how good Vasy is.

From TB, I think Killorn was starting to get overrated, and maybe even Gourde, though both of them are very good.

It's because he plays for Tampa and makes things look so easy, but he's clearly the best goalie in the world. That said see my post above, most people already chose him over Price anyway.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Nobody.

Playoffs are where men step up and boys go home at least until the Final Four. The Final Four you deserve to f***ing be there.

Playoffs are something else entirely from the regular season.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
Brayden Point.

With all the hype on his goal streak he was scoring at ~33% shooting which obviously wasn't close to sustainable.

Montreal is exposing him in the Finals. They know he likes to hang on to the puck too long and isn't a great playmaker so they are playing him very close and physical often with two players closing in on him and he has been pretty useless offensively.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North

Price didnt really steal anything against winnipeg or vegas,gotta give the players credit also

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
Montreal is exposing him in the Finals. They know he likes to hang on to the puck too long and isn't a great playmaker so they are playing him very close and physical often with two players closing in on him and he has been pretty useless offensively.

Tied for 7th in playoff assists and last year finished 3rd, isn't a great playmaker. Okay.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Why would I chose the worse of the two goalies in these finals?

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
Tied for 7th in playoff assists and last year finished 3rd, isn't a great playmaker. Okay.

Only because he has played so many playoff games

When you look at regular season you can really see.
In 18-19 & 19-20 playing with Kucherov he was at around .62 assists per game and that's riding Kucherov's 128 point season which gave him a massive assist boost.
This season without Kucherov he was at .45 assists per game which is a drop of 27%. He was tied for 72nd in the league in assists. Now granted it was a shortened season but there's no question Kucherov is a huge reason for his numbers. Point has only been ppg once in his career.

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
Only because he has played so many playoff games

Oh so I guess anyone playing 20+ playoff games should be top 10 in assists then. Solid take.

You've come into a thread talking about players that will be "massively overrated" and brought up a player that has scored more goals in back-to-back seasons than anyone not named Lemieux or Gretzky.

Reactions: Breakers

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
Oh so I guess anyone playing 20+ playoff games should be top 10 in assists then. Solid take.

You've come into a thread talking about players that will be "massively overrated" and brought up a player that has scored more goals in back-to-back seasons than anyone not named Lemieux or Gretzky.

Way to not address 3/4 of my post!

Your response is exactly why I think he will be massively overrated.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
Just stop
You're on every Marner thread defending him against choking in the playoffs consistently
Yet you lay into a guy with 73 career playoff points in 65 games

not a smart take.

This has nothing to do with Marner.

I'm not questioning Point hasn't had an amazing past 2 playoffs. He has gone above and beyond no question. Everybody wants to measure him based on all the goals he is scoring. He is also shooting at 24% over the past 2 playoffs which is 35% above his career average. That's simply not sustainable and if people want to believe Point can simply raise his goal scoring to that level come every playoff time then they are massively overrating him.

Sidenote: I love when people don't even address any of the points I make but tell me bad take.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Brayden Point.

With all the hype on his goal streak he was scoring at ~33% shooting which obviously wasn't close to sustainable.

He had 3 assists in game one.

Reactions: Voight

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I know. He won a faceoff and had two secondary assists. None of them demonstrated him being a great playmaker.
Forgot how many guys "accidentally get three assists in the cup final". I'll make note.

As for your other post, yeah, you're not blowing anyones minds by saying you don't think a guy can sustain shooting nearly 30%. That said, this is postseason 3 of doing it, and barring 2019, he tends to shoot about 20% in the postseason.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
Forgot how many guys "accidentally get three assists in the cup final". I'll make note.

I'm simply saying you telling me he got 3 assists in a playoff game doesn't mean he is a great playmaker.

Now you use this "accidentally got three assists" BS. I never said that.

As for your other post, yeah, you're not blowing anyones minds by saying you don't think a guy can sustain shooting nearly 30%. That said, this is postseason 3 of doing it, and barring 2019, he tends to shoot about 20% in the postseason.

Since he has entered the league, in 66 GP, he is scoring at 22.4% in the playoffs. Nobody else is above 20% with at least 30gp.

Do you believe that will continue in the future?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00