What is your interest level right now?

What is your interest level?

• Total voters

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Now that Dallas is in the SCF and NYI looks to turn the ECF into a real scrap my interest level is at 5.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
After the Flyers got eliminated my interest dropped off and I haven't watched the Conference finals but intend to watch the Cup finals. I want to be all in but the 8pm EST start times don't work well for me and I typically can't watch the first period.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Every game a team with a garbage system like NYI or DAL wins I get less and less interested. We should be getting ready for a TB vs COL or VGK final right now that would be awesome to watch. But a garbage system after a 4 month break is slogging out wins.

No one enjoyed watching that game last night who wasn't an Isles fan. It was terrible. Defend, defend, defend, get a bounce. Yeay!!!!!

Reactions: Merrrlin

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
My team is in - 5
My team is out - 0
There's no inbetween.
Leaf fans agree.

Personally , my team has been out for years. Habs

Yet I rarely miss games.

Even after saying I will pass on most of the Covid Cup games. ha!

5 Best series so far,

Flames - Stars
Knights - Canucks
Aves - Stars
Lightening - Jackets
Knights - Stars

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Somebody wake me when there's a few mins left in the cup winning game.
I'll be snoozing til then and maybe watching some of the highlights of the games the next morning on NHL.com.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
When my team is out, I have a hard time caring in the same way even if the games are great. Especially when there are lots of teams left I don't care about!

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Interest is waning. NYI isn't enjoyable to watch and you'll never convince me that Dallas was a top-2 team this year. Tampa is the only team keeping things interesting.

Sep 19, 2008
It's tapered off a bit with football back (won't watch games on Sat or Sun while football is on) but I'll usually watch. I will say though lately I've been watching a lot of disney+ in lieu of hockey. Like, I was watching X-Men (2002) last night instead of hockey.

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
Not interested at all in the covid cup. Lots of players/teams clearly didnt wanna be there so for me and for lots of other people it just doesnt feel at all like the real playoffs. Hopefully theres an astericks on the winning team. Im also pretty sure the tv ratings for the finals will be at an all time low or close too.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
My team didn't make it but I've been all in, I'm loving it. I think sometimes people don't appreciate a small sea change in the nhl, I've really enjoyed having 'new' matchups this year. Hell I remember when people were mocking the Kings and Hawks because they weren't the Wings and Pens. It happens. I also think it's kind of normal for people to check out for a round or more after their team exits due to the emotional investment being let off the hook, though.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
If you picked 1 or 2, delete your account. You are no hockey nutjob.

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
If my team's not in it, it wanes as the playoffs move on largely because there's not as many games on and eventually only one game every other day or so. So I have to actively remember to watch rather than just flipping on the channel and catching a game like in the early rounds. If that makes any sense. To be really into the Final, I gotta be pulling for one of the teams or really like how they play overall. Last couple of years have been pretty exciting.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I was into it until football started. They need to try to avoid NFL games. But of course next game is Thursday and most people will tune into see Burrow rather than Game 6.

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Happy as a pig knee deep in horseshite ... or whatever.

Redneck or hillbilly cowboys with Stetson-hats on - Dallas, Dallas, Dallas forever and ever ... until they dump their Finns that is (so don't do that!).
R-3905110-1359073861-1903.jpeg.jpg

Finland boys o' Dallas are stars who gonna get yer head kicked in anyway and anyhow Tampa Bay Beachboys or New York No-way-you-got-to-land-this-Islanders.

... and by the way Leningrad Cowboys are from ... Finland.

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
My team didn't make it but I've been all in, I'm loving it. I think sometimes people don't appreciate a small sea change in the nhl, I've really enjoyed having 'new' matchups this year. Hell I remember when people were mocking the Kings and Hawks because they weren't the Wings and Pens. It happens. I also think it's kind of normal for people to check out for a round or more after their team exits due to the emotional investment being let off the hook, though.

Preach. Not too long ago people were complaining about the Pens, Bruins, Hawks, or Kings pretty much monopolizing the SCF.

Now a new team who hasn't been there in 20 years makes it and people become actively disinterested.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Not catching much at all, just reading the results and watching highlights. Partly due to the nature of the season(simply felt wrong watching hockey during the summer and after such a break), partly due to the fact that my tv broadcast went MIA. Also follow Tour De France yearly and that occupies most of my "sport time" currently. Lastly the local hockey is somewhat on the way so there's also that.

Last edited:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I was very interested in the playoffs as a whple, right up until the Canucks were eliminated. I still have a big backlog of games from earlier rounds with various teams that i'll watch whenever i get around to it. But this round, i've just not been interested at all.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I haven't watched a single game start to finish. Contrived, token money grab without the fans.

Money grab? You understand with no fans in the crowd, there is no revenue stream right?

The league is spending hundreds of millions of dollars to host these playoffs and create these bubbles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad