What is your interest level right now?

What is your interest level?

• Total voters

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I was watching every day until every team I cared about was eliminated. Colorado was the last one, now I don’t care that much.
Due to personal reasons (*coughNOGOALcough*) I can’t watch Dallas have any success whatsoever, and I can go either way with Tampa.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I had a hard time watching for a few days after the Avs were eliminated but I was back watching regularly by game 2 of each series. Vegas/Dallas was tough to watch but the end of game 5 was fantastic. Overall it was about as dull as a conference finals can be but the third period and OT last night made up for it.

The TB/NYI series has been great. Tampa is way better but NYI are actually opening it up a little and playing some off the rush hockey. It’s a little mismatched but I’m enjoying the talent.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I used to lose interest if my team wasn't in it, turn on the occasional game but not particularly care about the result...but this year I'm eating up all the hockey I can get my hands on. You never know when this beautiful sport will leave us next. Last time I felt this way was during the lockout

Boy, you've been missing out. Tampa 7-1 over Boston, a quintuple overtime game, Gurianov four goal game, three goals in 27 seconds in TB vs NYI, and of course the entirety of Dallas vs Colorado. I've gotten to watch a lot of memorable hockey from outside my own team
Some games have been exciting.

Most of them have not been.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I haven't watched a single game start to finish. Contrived, token money grab without the fans.

Reactions: wetcoast

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Honestly, I am not loving the Dallas vs. Tampa/NYI matchup. Dallas is probably the last team I wanted to see in the Cup out of the West, based on excitement. Yes, they are a darn good team, but I just don't like them. Tampa is Tampa--very exciting. If the Islanders pull a miracle and come back to win in 7--I probably won't watch an Islanders vs. Stars Final. I would have been much more interested in Colorado, Vancouver or Edmonton were representing the West.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I’m in the middle. I’ll watch any game at some bar if I’m out over anything but the white Sox, and I’ll listen to it on the radio in the car.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I chose 1 because I couldn’t choose 0. I really find it unappealing how Dallas plays. The flopping, interference, etc that doesn’t get called in the playoffs. Teams like Dallas who have guys that play like Benn and Pavelski are bad for the sport. Yet every year, these are the types of teams making deep runs. It’s underwhelming and hard to watch.

Skiskate

Nov 23, 2018
Im watching every single game. Dont know whats gonna happen next season so im just savoring all the hockey i can. Also its almost fall and now is when id be itching for a hockey fix.

I think im more interested in this playoffs than usual because its actually about to be hockey season. Normally in May im just over it a bit.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I'll still watch the finals a little but I've almost completely checked out now. I would want to see Dallas knock out Tampa though. You know the cliche root for the underdog stuff blah blah blah. Probably doesn't happen but we will see. And yes, I'm acting like Tampa are already in the finals because I'm sure they will get there.

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Remember the good old days when those high powered Red Wings teams were dueling with your Penguins and the kids were just flying out there?

That hockey is a far cry from the quality we are seeing this playoffs (and last).
If you're old enough, the playoffs in the 80's was great hockey to watch, you had everything including tough, physical hockey. Out of the 3 teams remaining, I'd like the see the Bolts win.

Reactions: Ridge1982

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I chose 1 because I couldn’t choose 0. I really find it unappealing how Dallas plays. The flopping, interference, etc that doesn’t get called in the playoffs. Teams like Dallas who have guys that play like Benn and Pavelski are bad for the sport. Yet every year, these are the types of teams making deep runs. It’s underwhelming and hard to watch.
There's always the thing where, you can all have all the talent in the world for the season, but you can bend the rules in the playoffs. Just like good old time hockey. lol

Reactions: saffronleaf

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Maybe less in Canada imo. Why can't the Canadian teams ever be as good as Chicago, Pittsburgh or Tampa? When they get to the CF or SCF, the year after they fall apart.

Evergreen

I was a 5 for the play-ins/round robin and the first round, I was a 4 for the third round, and I'm a 3 now that the Flyers have been eliminated. I'll be back to a 4 for the Finals, though.

Reactions: Mr Positive

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
I feel like if you're on HF and you take this survey (which is in Stanley Cup Playoffs category) then you aren't "actively disinterested" and you probably did know there was a game today, so I question the veracity of these poll results.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
When it's the Lightning, I can win the tv argument with my wife. When it's someone else it's a tougher task.

We need to start a collection as only the poorest Americans don't have 3 or 3 tv's in their house.:naughty:

TB is an exciting team to watch, the NYI not so much.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Extremely engaged.

Some of the most high and low feelings I've had watching hockey in a very long time.

But would be zero if my team didn't make it or wasn't still alive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad