What is your interest level right now?

What is your interest level?

• Total voters

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
I am scoreboard watching and maybe watching highlights after the game. I just want Dallas to go to the SCF because I am tired of the Vegas hype train.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Was a 5 while my team was in. But ever since the Blues lost I've been having a hard time getting invested in the bubble. I watch when nothing else is going on.

Reactions: Not Canada Drai

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Same as most playoffs. Canadian teams bow out early as NHL players fold under pressure way too f***ing easy.
So scoreboard watch the rest of the way.

In the end you probably still see better viewership numbers in canada than the american team markets left combined.
Tampa, Islanders, Dallas, Vegas... could we possibly have 4 other teams with less fan density in their respective markets.. Arizona I guess.. well the whole southern half of the states really.

The funny thing is NBC is probably loving it. Somehow t.v prefers markets where 10k people watch and 10 million don't over markets where 500k watch and 1 million don't.

All that being said I do wish I had watched some of those Dallas and Colorado games. That series sounded like it was pretty damn entertaining.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I have followed pretty closely since the Pens have been eliminated. Watched many games.

I have watched less since the beginning of the third round. Soccer season is re-starting in Europe, football season has started yesterday, basketball playoffs are more interesting (and my team played longer), baseball is hitting the stretch run... and I am in the middle of switching jobs/moving to a new city. So... I am interested... but it is far from a priority right now.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Well there is probably a bunch of reasons for the lack of interest. Obviously right off the bat is this isnt traditional playoffs that we are used to seeing. No fans in stands definitely makes that a possibility. Then the pandemic and some other things going on getting interest off of sports for some people who may have otherwise paid attention if it wasn't going on. Also add the fact that there isn't a huge market in the tournament left. Probably a combo of all that imo. However for myself if the Lightning weren't in it anymore I would still pay attention. I hate how the season ended early and even now still feel like I missed out on some hockey or at least different circumstances than we currently are. Would be interesting to see in a crystal ball how different things would be if none of the stoppage happened. We will never know.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
5/5

I'll always put the Hockey game on.

Never been into the NFL besides watching the one Vikings game a week, NBA is a bit of a rollercoaster with sometimes caring and other times not, and baseball is zZZZzzZZZzz.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
My team in Bruins 5/5, my team not in, I will watch it when I have time, but I won't put everything down to watch a game, 2/5 currently. 3.5/5 Stanley Cup finals.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Was a 5 till the Bruins lost.
The Dallas/Avs series was super fun to watch also. What a rollercoaster

Now I watch while I work on my comp at night so voted a 3 banger. Haven’t watched a full game in a while

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
About a 1. I usually at least watch a few games, but this year it’s a lot harder to care with everything going on.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Interjecting politics into sports and all the posturing ruined it for me.

So glad they are playing hockey... but... the current times are depressing and I rather do something that focuses on what positives there are instead of having the negatives rammed down my throat for veiled, but obvious reasons.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The games are dull, the matchups aren't interesting and most of the players to watch have gone home already. This has been one of the worst playoffs in recent memory.

And before anyone says it's because my team is out, I'm an Oilers fan. My team is ALWAYS out.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
I used to lose interest if my team wasn't in it, turn on the occasional game but not particularly care about the result...but this year I'm eating up all the hockey I can get my hands on. You never know when this beautiful sport will leave us next. Last time I felt this way was during the lockout

The games are dull, the matchups aren't interesting and most of the players to watch have gone home already. This has been one of the worst playoffs in recent memory.

And before anyone says it's because my team is out, I'm an Oilers fan. My team is ALWAYS out.
Boy, you've been missing out. Tampa 7-1 over Boston, a quintuple overtime game, Gurianov four goal game, three goals in 27 seconds in TB vs NYI, and of course the entirety of Dallas vs Colorado. I've gotten to watch a lot of memorable hockey from outside my own team

LEAFSANDBILLSFAN

May 3, 2020
As many have pointed out. The NFL starting is bringing my interest elsewhere. With the summer over and the sexy teams no longer involved it is what is. Good on Dallas, Tampa, Vegas, and Islanders fans for going on this run and I'd be just as excited if it was the Leafs.

I'd be curious to listen to the local talk radio's in the cities that still have teams competing. I feel Brady is the main talk today in Tampa and the Raiders are likely dominating sports talk in Las Vegas. The Cowboys blowing their season opener and the Jets brutal loss are all bigger story lines than the NHL right now in Dallas and Long Island. In Tampa and Dallas case I hope I am wrong.

I don't mean to offend. I think we as sports fans are conditioned to football this time of year and we are all now feeling just how awkward the NHL and NBA summer playoffs actually are.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad