What is your interest level right now?

What is your interest level?

• Total voters

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The lack of fans has been a huge bummer. It feels more like regular season than playoffs right now. Ive gone back and watched games from previous playoffs (ranging from 2005 to 2019) and you IMMEDIATELY notice the difference in intensity. 20,000 fans make a difference, and this is such a weird playoffs because I dont know how things would be different if teams were travelling, or with fans, or whatever other externalities could impact the game.

My wife is a huge Lightning fan, so Ive watched maybe 30 games these playoffs. It just feels.... different.

Tonight's game would've been played in Dallas, though, so if Tampa wins it'll sound about the same. :laugh:

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
The lack of fans has been a huge bummer. It feels more like regular season than playoffs right now. Ive gone back and watched games from previous playoffs (ranging from 2005 to 2019) and you IMMEDIATELY notice the difference in intensity. 20,000 fans make a difference, and this is such a weird playoffs because I dont know how things would be different if teams were travelling, or with fans, or whatever other externalities could impact the game.

My wife is a huge Lightning fan, so Ive watched maybe 30 games these playoffs. It just feels.... different.

Agreed on the lack of fans. Same goes with the NBA and MLB (neither of which I've watched a minute of post-COVID), and it's starting to wear on me with golf as well.

JBHockey

Mar 12, 2012
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
I have yet to finish watching a game since the start around 8:30 on the east. I have to get up @ 5:30 and the team I root for is not in it anymore. It must be hard if your a Tampa fan and have to get up early with all these OT games

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
133 people are actively disinterested enough to want to participate in this poll.. Hmmm.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
:dunno: Don't care at all. Haven't since certain teams have been eliminated.

In other news, the playoffs last too long. It should be best of 5 in the future.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I've watch almost every minute of the Finals, this year playoffs have been amazing! The NHL did a fantastic job, taking into account the situation we are in, I think it was great hockey.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
first time ever i never watched a second of the finals. 2 teams i didn’t care about. but i’m glad for bolts fans

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Didn’t watch a second of the cup finals. Just had no interest in a Texas vs Florida cup finals. I did watch the highlights the next morning though and it was nice to see Stammer get one.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
seasons over finally, bring on the draft and another 10,000+ more AP to Toronto signing threads.

Even as a Leaf fan this shit is annoying.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Dammit, I forgot the game was on last night. I got my days mixed up because of that double header.

How was it? Did they hand out the cup and do the laps with their families still?

shaner82

Apr 18, 2017
I haven't watched a single second of hockey since they took a few days off. First time in 30+ years I didn't watch any of the finals. I honestly didn't even know the game was on until the MNF announcers mentioned it, or perhaps there was a highlight of some kind. Don't really remember.

I don't know what the ratings were like, but my guess is they were quite bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad