What is your interest level right now?

What is your interest level?

• Total voters

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
Once the Bruins were out I haven't watched apart from highlights.

I like the Islanders and Tampa so whoever advances will be worthy but not even watching that (apart from highlights) rather I'll watch the SCF games although the 8pm games I can't stay up for a whole game due to work the next day and I live in Boston (unless it's the deciding match).

Apart from the Finnish contingent at Dallas going to the final, right now I'm more excited about the upcoming Liiga season and HIFK.

Last edited:

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Not interested at all in the covid cup. Lots of players/teams clearly didnt wanna be there so for me and for lots of other people it just doesnt feel at all like the real playoffs. Hopefully theres an astericks on the winning team. Im also pretty sure the tv ratings for the finals will be at an all time low or close too.

What teams do you think clearly didn't want to be there? That's a serious claim.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Hockey without fans is not the same. Im glad it's on, but it's just not the same.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
My interest is very low but I would like to see Dallas win the covid cup because I really like Radulov and it would be cool to see so many of the vets on that team win a cup, I love their two young D and Khudobin has stepped in and is making a name for himself in this league. Go Stars!

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
At this point I’m just checking to see who won. Haven’t watched a game since the Caps went out. Same issue as last year, all the top teams and star players went out early, so the excitement/interest level isn’t there for me. I feel like as a hockey fan I’m obliged to at least find out the score, how the series is going, and who won the cup.

NBA playoffs are very entertaining this year, so that’s primarily keeping me from watching hockey

Reactions: saffronleaf

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Money grab? You understand with no fans in the crowd, there is no revenue stream right?

The league is spending hundreds of millions of dollars to host these playoffs and create these bubbles.

The NHL is collecting millions from TV just for the playoffs. I think the revenue to the NHL exceeds the expenses but you are right this bubble playoffs is a huge expense for the NHL. If they lost money they would never do this again.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Interest is at 10/10

Nice to see some new teams instead of the boring Penguins, Blackhawks, and Kings circle jerk that occurred for a few years.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
The NHL is collecting millions from TV just for the playoffs. I think the revenue to the NHL exceeds the expenses but you are right this bubble playoffs is a huge expense for the NHL. If they lost money they would never do this again.

They are collecting millions but losing many many millions more.

Return to play was about trying to reduce the losses and keep some continuity for the fans, but make no mistake, the NHL is hosting the playoffs at considerable expense.

Calling it a "money grab" is beyond clueless. If the NHL had cancelled the playoffs, they would owe a considerable amount of money to both Sportsnet and NBC so they are spending a tremendous amount of money so that they don't have to do that and they don't sully the relationships they have with those broadcasters for the future. And it's not just the league that would be on the hook for the money... the players are fifty percent partners.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Money grab? You understand with no fans in the crowd, there is no revenue stream right?

The league is spending hundreds of millions of dollars to host these playoffs and create these bubbles.
I wonder what the revenue is from sources other than ticket sales?

Or even the revenue they are hoping to save for the future by having this bubble Playoffs?

Because I don't think the NHL would be bothering to stage a bubble Playoffs if they are experiencing a total loss, in both the present and the future.

They had every excuse in the world to simply cancel the Playoffs. So they must either be making revenue from somewhere, or limiting their losses somehow.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I'll watch it because its hockey, but it's definitely not the same.

Not having the fans there makes a huge difference.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Start of fantasy football has squashed my interest a bit but I’ll still watch the cup. No fans is starting to make it less exciting.

Reactions: max21

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I wonder what the revenue is from sources other than ticket sales?

Or even the revenue they are hoping to save for the future by having this bubble Playoffs?

Because I don't think the NHL would be bothering to stage a bubble Playoffs if they are experiencing a total loss, in both the present and the future.

They had every excuse in the world to simply cancel the Playoffs. So they must either be making revenue from somewhere, or limiting their losses somehow.

If they didn't stage the playoffs they would owe their broadcasters, Sportsnet and NBC hundreds of millions of dollars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad