Player Discussion What is Djoos' fate?

What happens to Djoos?

• Total voters

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I don't see why Djoos and his agent wouldn't ask for as high as they possibly could. A $1.5M ask sounds about right, considering that Mirco Mueller just got $1.4M and Mackenzie Weegar just got $1.6M. Both of those contracts came after the filing deadline, but it gives an indication of what players of a similar resume are looking for. Scott Harrington got $1.63M AAV (3 year) last week and Mike Reilly got $1.5M AAV (2 year) back in June, in terms of other RFAs that Djoos' camp could have used as references in the hearing. Heck, Connor Clifton and his 19 games of NHL experience and 1 career point is worth $1M AAV now.

I would not be at all surprised with an award north of $1M.

Reactions: Silky mitts

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Also since the decision should be coming today and nothing else is going on in the Caps world, let's place our bets.

I'm going with 1 year, $975k.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Harrington may be the closest comparable from that lot based on TOI but his deal only included one RFA season. Many of the slightly lower RFA D numbers compared to Harrington had bigger roles but my guess is a decent regular in that 13 minute range is still worth more than $1M. So some shuffling one way or another seems likely.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
He gets hammered in arb with not a leg to stand on.... I kid I kid

Predict 1 @ ate fiddy

I too thought Djoos brought down the mighty mandatory HF

Jun 15, 2007
I officially don't like the Hathaway signing.

7d is more important than 12th F.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
But part of copley contract would still count against nhl cap even in ahl

Only $25k of Copley's $1.1M cap hit would count against the cap if he were sent to Hershey. Vanacek's cap hit of $717k and the $25k dead cap hit from Copley would still save $358k against the cap, which would put them $34k under the cap.

As mentioned by others they could also swap Boyd for someone like Gersich and save another $100k.

Notably, I don't think Samsonov's $925k would fit under the cap so I imagine they will have to make a trade of some sort if they want him to get playing time and not have to rely on injuries or whatever to make him fit.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad