Player Discussion What is Djoos' fate?

What happens to Djoos?

• Total voters

Jun 15, 2007
We have 935k in cap room and 21 players signed. If Djoos signs for more than that, he is either gone or other moves have to be made to accommodate him.

What do you think happens?

I feel like he makes more than 935k and is traded.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I dont see how he gets more then 935k when he only made 650k but who knows how arbitration will work

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
"My life fades. The vision dims. All that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos, ruined dreams, this wasted land. But most of all, I remember the road warrior, the [somewhat] man we called Djoos. To understand who he was we have to go back to the other time, when the world was powered by the black fuel and the desert sprouted great cities of pipe and steel — gone now, swept away. For reasons long forgotten two mighty warrior tribes went to war and touched off a blaze which engulfed them all.

Without fuel they were nothing [HEY GATORADE IS PISSED]. They'd built a house of straw. The thundering machines sputtered and stopped. Their leaders talked and talked and talked, but nothing could stem the avalanche. Their world crumbled. Cities exploded — a whirlwind of looting, a firestorm of fear. Men began to feed on men [vegan eating men became a hot commodity].

On the roads it was a white-line nightmare. Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive.

The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice, and in this maelstrom of decay ordinary men were battered and smashed — men [eternally too young to look mannish grown] like Djoos, the youngling Djoos. In the roar of an engine, he [almost] lost everything [his thigh] and became a shell of a youngling, a burnt-out desolate youngling [who misses Fortnite], a youngling haunted by the demons of his past [the darkness of a younglings soul who can never understand the savage but real internet wars of Blu-ray vs. HD DVD or Android vs. iOS], a youngling who wandered out into the wasteland [without instagram]. And it was here, in this blighted place, that he learned to live again [SHL].

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Related question: If Djoos goes through arbitration and gets more than 935K (say for the sake of argument 950K), what does MacLellan do?

A) Trade Djoos and call up Lewington (675K)

B) Send down Boyd (800K) and use someone like Gersich (700K) as the 13F

C) Send down Copley (1.1M) and make Vanacek (717K) or Samsonov (925K) the backup

D) Something else

Swapping Copley for Vanacek seems kind of intriguing to me, because the nearly 400K in savings leaves a lot more wiggle room than any of the other options. That's enough that they'd actually bank enough to make a small addition at the trade deadline, assuming they don't have anyone spend an extended period on LTIR.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The move(s) made to ensure cap compliance will be based, in part, on performance in training camp and the pre-season. The frustrating part will be if the team cannot select their preferred 22 players due to their proximity to the cap.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Related question: If Djoos goes through arbitration and gets more than 935K (say for the sake of argument 950K), what does MacLellan do?

A) Trade Djoos and call up Lewington (675K)

B) Send down Boyd (800K) and use someone like Gersich (700K) as the 13F

C) Send down Copley (1.1M) and make Vanacek (717K) or Samsonov (925K) the backup

D) Something else

Swapping Copley for Vanacek seems kind of intriguing to me, because the nearly 400K in savings leaves a lot more wiggle room than any of the other options. That's enough that they'd actually bank enough to make a small addition at the trade deadline, assuming they don't have anyone spend an extended period on LTIR.

Doesnt copley contract still count against nhl cap even when he in ahl? Always forget how that works since he makes a certain amount

Lobodomy

Feb 25, 2019
Finland
Maaco is here under a new account.
WE WANT A NAME!
mob1.jpg

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Most of this thread has anything to do with Djoos' future in DC. Discuss the topic or we'll lock the thread. As always, if a poster is violating forum rules use the proper reporting channels.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Post of the month was "ban me till season starts" or smth like this. I keep coming here to read nothing of substance (like an idiot).

:naughty:

I don't see an option for:

I don't really care what happens to Djoos.

Looking at his stats, I don't think he earned much of a raise last year and doesn't have much leverage in negotiations. I hope he doesn't get more than a 20-25% increase.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'd really like to hold on to Djoos for at least this season. He's still only 24, he generates transition and offense, and he has legit Stanley Cup experience. He's in the age range where good defensemen blossom, and he's likely going to be very affordable this season.
Agreed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad