Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
No one mentioned this, but Cole is cleared to play

upload_2019-10-9_1-29-14.gif

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I wonder how much the surgery will slow or speed up Cole. If he was dealing with hip issues all season last year it could easily have taken some mobility from him. At the very least he’ll provide a steady third pairing presence, if Connaughton jumps Graves (which is likely) we’ll have a very shutdown orientated third pair that will hopefully improve our PK. I think it’s been clear our special teams have been subpar to start the season and while our PP has looked potent at times our PK has been downright bad.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
I wonder how much the surgery will slow or speed up Cole. If he was dealing with hip issues all season last year it could easily have taken some mobility from him. At the very least he’ll provide a steady third pairing presence, if Connaughton jumps Graves (which is likely) we’ll have a very shutdown orientated third pair that will hopefully improve our PK. I think it’s been clear our special teams have been subpar to start the season and while our PP has looked potent at times our PK has been downright bad.

I don't see Connauton jumping Grave, but he'll jump Barbs imo.

Cole will probably have a slow start and no one should be dissapointed if he starts slow, it's absolutely normal.

What about Willy ? Injured of just HS ?

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Ok, so with bringing up Connauton... someone explain to me why Timmons was sent down again?

Was 100% of the team on board with that?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Ok, so with bringing up Connauton... someone explain to me why Timmons was sent down again?

Was 100% of the team on board with that?

Well, "the team" really doesn't have a say in the matter. It's ultimately Joe's decision (with Bednar likely having some input).

As for the reasoning, I'd assume that they want him getting more than just about 12-13 min a night.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Well, "the team" really doesn't have a say in the matter. It's ultimately Joe's decision (with Bednar likely having some input).

As for the reasoning, I'd assume that they want him getting more than just about 12-13 min a night.

Yeah, I know, the 100% comment was tongue-in-cheek about how big a deal was that Timmons made the team and that the team was 100% on board with it.

It just seems so weird to me how big a deal was made of this, just for 2 games.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah, I know, the 100% comment was tongue-in-cheek about how big a deal was that Timmons made the team and that the team was 100% on board with it.

It just seems so weird to me how big a deal was made of this, just for 2 games.

Well considering his situation him making the team was a huge accomplishment. Clearly the NHL game is a touch to much for him right now, so might as well send him down and give him some big responsibility with the AHL team and shake off some of that rust.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Well considering his situation him making the team was a huge accomplishment. Clearly the NHL game is a touch to much for him right now, so might as well send him down and give him some big responsibility with the AHL team and shake off some of that rust.

Determined after 2 games? Doesn't seem odd?

I'm probably making a bigger deal of it than necessary... I just don't understand it.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Big, big test vs the Bruins coming up, if we win this this forum will probably go crazy. :DD

Please somebody fight Marchand, please, Landy? No Lucic to worry about this time, open target. :sarcasm:

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
That 2nd line is what I expected Bednar to try after Jost failed to make anything happen on the wing. I'm excited to see if they click.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Determined after 2 games? Doesn't seem odd?

I'm probably making a bigger deal of it than necessary... I just don't understand it.

Seems like they were planning on him going to the AHL to start the season while he worked off the rust, but he looked so good that they wanted to reward him & build up his confidence. So giving him a couple of games to see what the NHL is like up-close, before sending him down to continue polishing his game with that better understanding of where he needs to get to; can make sense even if the player doesn't run with the chance...like Timms didn't.

Don't think this was about integrating him into the main squad as much as it was about bolstering his development because he's ahead of expectations & rewarding him.
We have way too few right handed shots! :scared:

We have...enough :yo:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Big, big test vs the Bruins coming up, if we win this this forum will probably go crazy. :DD

Please somebody fight Marchand, please, Landy? No Lucic to worry about this time, open target. :sarcasm:
If (or should I say when) Marchand needs to be dealt with, I'm hoping it's Z or Kadri that decides to discuss etiquette and the finer points of sportsmanship with him.

Reactions: 21

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If (or should I say when) Marchand needs to be dealt with, I'm hoping it's Z or Kadri that decides to discuss etiquette and the finer points of sportsmanship with him.

This is probably the real reason why Jimmothy will be "injured" and have to miss this one; with Zads, Naz & Landy, we've already got enough penalty-bait that we have to ice...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad