Pre-Game Talk: Week of Waiting [vs BOS | vs ARZ]

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah I think you've got to sit Wilson if Compher is ready to return.

I think that's the role Wilson will probably fill this season, too. 13th forward, especially given how well Nichuskin has played. Now, if Nichuskin starts to struggle, Wilson probably takes his spot ASAP.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah I think you've got to sit Wilson if Compher is ready to return.

I think that's the role Wilson will probably fill this season, too. 13th forward, especially given how well Nichuskin has played. Now, if Nichuskin starts to struggle, Wilson probably takes his spot ASAP.

Wilson is better than Nuke and Nieto.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
If you sit Nuke or Nieto, who takes their spot on the PK? Right now, our penalty killers are Bellemare, Calvert, Compher, Nieto, Donskoi and Nuke. So who is joining the PK if one of those six doesn't play? Landeskog - Bednar has said he doesn't like doing that, but he also talked about how much he likes having 6 penalty killers.

Honestly, the guy I wouldn't be shocked to see sit is Jost. He doesn't play on the penalty kill or the powerplay right now, and he hasn't done anything so far to prove he is more useful at 5-on-5 than anyone else on the team.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I don't really hate Jost, he's a great story and I've been rooting for him since we got him, but now that Kerfoot's gone he really is our biggest ugly duckling on the team. Just doesn't really fit in the lineup that well.

Reactions: MarkT

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I don't really hate Jost, he's a great story and I've been rooting for him since we got him, but now that Kerfoot's gone he really is our biggest ugly duckling on the team. Just doesn't really fit in the lineup that well.
I have to say I really liked him against the Bruins. I don't know why Bednar still tries to turn him into a winger. There's nothing wrong with developing a good third line center.

Reactions: CB Joe

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Sit Wilson for a few more games, just until he's 100%. Not sure who should come out of the lineup after that, everyone's been pretty good in their role.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Wilson aint sitting boys. To me, it's Nuke, Nieto, or Jost taking a seat.

It'll be sad if it's Nuke, because he's a guy I actually want to see get a chance higher in the lineup, not as a healthy scratch. That being said, Wilson-Jost-Compher and Calvert-Bellemare-Nieto is a pretty ideal bottom 6 setup.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I want to see Jost succeed, and he looked a lot better at center last game, but this is true.

He is basically a misplaced top-6 winger, which the Avs have plenty of (Burakovsky, Donskoi, Wilson) or he is an undersized, average 3rd line center, which the Avs also have in Compher.

I’d like to see him get another long look at center with Compher on Kadri’s wing, but he seems like the prime target to move for a different forward.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Does anyone else Donskoi with Kadri? He seems to have a bit of tunnel vision and likes trying to dangle. I don’t really see him gelling with Kadri. I hope when Compher gets back, he gets put on Kadri’s wing. His shot and speed seem like a natural fit. Honestly, even Wilson seems like he would be a decent fit. Can cycle, and knows how to go to the net and get open.

Donskoi’s skating and puck carrying could really help Jost out.

3d2lms.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad