Pre-Game Talk: Week of Waiting [vs BOS | vs ARZ]

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Jeeeeesus Comph. I love him but he’s always hurt it seems.

He was a real impact player in games 2 and 3. The silver lining is Jost plays 3C and hopefully Bednar finally realizes that’s where he belongs. Need a few solid games from him. Although with our luck Jost will play fantastic so bednar will just promote him instead of simply realizing he’s succeeding BECAUSE of his role as the 3C.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Big, big test vs the Bruins coming up, if we win this this forum will probably go crazy. :DD

Please somebody fight Marchand, please, Landy? No Lucic to worry about this time, open target. :sarcasm:

Landy, do not fight just for the hellofit!!!

GLobello

Dec 1, 2015
As a Leafs fan I'm tuning into this game in the hopes Naz will lay a beat down on Debrusk for the crap that happened in game 2 of the Leafs/Bruins series.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
As a Leafs fan I'm tuning into this game in the hopes Naz will lay a beat down on Debrusk for the crap that happened in game 2 of the Leafs/Bruins series.

Cool man.

As an Avs fan I'll be tuning into this game hoping Naz doesn't do a thing to DeBrusk. Nobody on this team gives a shit what happened in game 2 of that series last year and Kadri doesn't play for Toronto anymore so he shouldn't give a shit either.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Here’s a bet! Will Compher ever surpass 70 NHL games in a season? :laugh::help:
That's a tough one but who knows...curious things do tend to happen in the NHL. Like how Tyson Barrie is NOW regarded as a Top-10 d-man.
Fantasy defenseman top 50 rankings for 2019-20

He must have improved a lot over the summer in comparison to what he was last year and how he was ranked. :sarcasm:

Sucks that Timmins was the only dman who was waiver exempt. Should definitely be playing.

Feels like the Avs know they have a logjam on D and I think they know Timmins has shown he can play so they will probably be moving one of Barberio, Cannauton or Graves to another team that's needing a LHD depth d-man. If the other team wants to get an 'NHL look' at one of the guys, Timmins was the only choice to send down without risking waivers. (I personally believe that Graves would probably clear)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Still can't believe the refs just let that crap keep happening to Naz even after he was shown literally pleading for them to come in and stop it. That's probably the biggest reason why they were effectively benched for the remainder of the playoffs.

Honestly I hope it doesn't get chippy and everyone involved just plays hockey. Naz would get his revenge by beating them on the scoreboard. I know it sounds cheesy, but if he engages in fisticuffs and other chippy stuff, then that goes in Boston's favor. They want to get under his skin.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
That's a tough one but who knows...curious things do tend to happen in the NHL. Like how Tyson Barrie is NOW regarded as a Top-10 d-man.
Fantasy defenseman top 50 rankings for 2019-20

He must have improved a lot over the summer in comparison to what he was last year and how he was ranked. :sarcasm:

Feels like the Avs know they have a logjam on D and I think they know Timmins has shown he can play so they will probably be moving one of Barberio, Cannauton or Graves to another team that's needing a LHD depth d-man. If the other team wants to get an 'NHL look' at one of the guys, Timmins was the only choice to send down without risking waivers. (I personally believe that Graves would probably clear)
And Ceci is #50, lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
JT Cumpher at a charity street hockey event on the Aves Instagram story. Walking around so hopefully not a bad injury

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
We always knew Connauhton would get his shot with the Avs, whether he deserved it or not. That is all this is. They traded for him, so they have to at least kick the tires on him, and Timmins was the only waiver eligible defenseman on the roster.

I say Timmins is back before December, no question.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Sucks to lose Compher, but glad that Jost will be back at center and I think a 3rd line role suits him. When Compher is back I'd like to see him play the wing with Jost and Wilson (or Nieto depending who is playing better). I'd give Burakovsky and Donskoi an extended look as Kadri's wingers and see how that goes. Can always move one of Jost or Compher up if Burakovsky continues to struggle. Or heck, if Nichushkin continues to play as well as he has he may earn himself a shot with Kadri.

Also if Wilson picks up where he left off in the playoffs, he may be in contention for a 2L chance if needed. Right now we have 5 top 6 forwards (yes, I'm including Donskoi, that guy is sick and held back in San Jose). Surely one of Compher, Jost, Wilson, Burakovsky, Nichushkin and even Kamenev can step up and not force Sakic into giving up assets for the 6th top 6 forward. We haven't had an actual 2nd line in a long time, it would be a nice thing to have.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I hope we don't need to see Graves in the lineup again. I'd be fine with him taking Barberio's spot as the permanent #7, but I'd much rather give Timmins or Rosens that last spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad