Pre-Game Talk: Week of Waiting [vs BOS | vs ARZ]

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
It’s been mentioned in several places that the rangers have it worse.

1 game in 11 days.

The hawks have only played 1 game.

We had 4 days off between games.
I mean Flyers and Hawks make sense since they were overseas...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I take this as a personal challenge to get those threads off topic.

tenor.gif

Reactions: henchman21

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Agree with this. People seem to always forget that the players on the bottom pair on any team are on the bottom pair because they make mistakes more then the top-4 guys. If not they would be top-4 themselves. As long as those players don't make too many of those mistakes you have to learn to live with the fact that they will happen. IMO Graves is fine in that role. He is much better than most of the guys we had in that role in the recent past. Ideally of course a team want guys that are top-4 themselves or close to be top-4 but in reality that is very rare.

FWIW Graves did show some causes for concern during his stint last year; when he started to get exposed because he was gambling too much...though he seems to be doing a much better job of playing a safer game this season, without ceasing to contribute.

I'm cautiously optimistic at the moment, so here's to hoping he can keep it up.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
A very winnable home game to sweep the home stretch and start the season 4-0, we all know how this is going to end.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Francouz might get the start
I hope they ride with Grubauer. Would be very nice to start 4-0 on our opening home stand and Grubauer makes that more likely that Frankie.

We start a 6 game road trip in PIT, WSH, STL, LV, FLA and TB after the Yotes game. Might be a tough couple of weeks.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I hope they ride with Grubauer. Would be very nice to start 4-0 on our opening home stand and Grubauer makes that more likely that Frankie.

We start a 6 game road trip in PIT, WSH, STL, LV, FLA and TB after the Yotes game. Might be a tough couple of weeks.

I'd start Grubby too. Going 4-0 would be so big for this team. They could go .500 on their toughest road trip of the season and still be 7-3. No time to let off the gas, steam roll Arizona please.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia

I agree but Frank will have to play in Fla or Tampa on the back to back. Might be good to get him a game before that :dunno:.

A guy on the Francouz thread said he was starting against Arizona

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'd start Grubby too. Going 4-0 would be so big for this team. They could go .500 on their toughest road trip of the season and still be 7-3. No time to let off the gas, steam roll Arizona please.

Or, they could go 6-0 on the road trip and be 10-0 after, keeping the plan of a 98-0 season alive and fully operational.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Let Francouz start the Florida game, Grubauer just had another week off, he's fine for work load.

Reactions: Ararana

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Does anyone else Donskoi with Kadri? He seems to have a bit of tunnel vision and likes trying to dangle. I don’t really see him gelling with Kadri. I hope when Compher gets back, he gets put on Kadri’s wing. His shot and speed seem like a natural fit. Honestly, even Wilson seems like he would be a decent fit. Can cycle, and knows how to go to the net and get open.

Donskoi’s skating and puck carrying could really help Jost out.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
You can't play Grubi 70 games. I think ARZ is the perfect game to give Francouz his first start. At home and against a weaker offensive team is probably the right move for his FIRST start. Tampa and Florida can both score in bunches and i don't want to see him get pulled in his first "real" game.
I agree and he will have to play one of those games so might be best to get him a start and as you've alluded to Arizona is the best time.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Yeah I hope they ride Grubbi too. Let him fill up that starters confidence to the brim so it's spilling over.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I'd say if the Ginger is ready to go, sit Wilson again. He didn't do much last game (good or bad) and pretty much everyone else has been solid apart from Jost

Top line
Bura-Kadri-JTC
Nieto-Jost-Dong
Calvert-Belle-Nuke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad