Pre-Game Talk: Week of Waiting [vs BOS | vs ARZ]

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I hope we don't need to see Graves in the lineup again. I'd be fine with him taking Barberio's spot as the permanent #7, but I'd much rather give Timmins or Rosens that last spot.
Not sure what some ppl have against Graves. Seriously. Dude isn't a worldbeater by any stretch but a perfectly serviceable number 6-8 and still young enough that there should be at least some development left. :dunno:

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Not sure what some ppl have against Graves. Seriously. Dude isn't a worldbeater by any stretch but a perfectly serviceable number 6-8 and still young enough that there should be at least some development left. :dunno:
It doesn’t matter who the team is comprised of and how good or bad they are. People are always going to complain about 1 or 2 players on the team.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
It doesn’t matter who the team is comprised of and how good or bad they are. People are always going to complain about 1 or 2 players on the team.

rock-it-doesnt-matter1.jpg

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
Finally another game!

When will Francouz get his first start? Vs. Arizona on the 12th? There's no way Grubauer plays the whole week of Capitals, Penguins, and Panthers/Lightning B2B.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

Yup. Its pretty ridiculous. The guy scored the empty net goal, blocked key shots.. what more do pplwant from him?

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Agree with this. People seem to always forget that the players on the bottom pair on any team are on the bottom pair because they make mistakes more then the top-4 guys. If not they would be top-4 themselves. As long as those players don't make too many of those mistakes you have to learn to live with the fact that they will happen. IMO Graves is fine in that role. He is much better than most of the guys we had in that role in the recent past. Ideally of course a team want guys that are top-4 themselves or close to be top-4 but in reality that is very rare.

Reactions: CB Joe and McMetal

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
We might even get a GDT like an hour before puck drop if we are lucky.
I want to complain about this too but I also don’t have the time to put into making one lol.

Perhaps we should make an agreement on here that anyone can create a GDT thread in the morning and once the assigned GDT creator for that game gets it ready we can have a mod edit the OP to include whatever that GDT poster wants in it.

I’d much rather have a boring, generic GDT with no info in the OP than have a funny, informative GDT that I get to see 20 minutes before puck drop.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Avs are the only team I know that has this ridiculous schedule to start the season. They play couple of games then have week off or something. I think last year was worse where they played a game or two then 4 or 5 days off, then played another game or two and another 4 or 5 days off

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I want to complain about this too but I also don’t have the time to put into making one lol.

Perhaps we should make an agreement on here that anyone can create a GDT thread in the morning and once the assigned GDT creator for that game gets it ready we can have a mod edit the OP to include whatever that GDT poster wants in it.

I’d much rather have a boring, generic GDT with no info in the OP than have a funny, informative GDT that I get to see 20 minutes before puck drop.
It's possible to make PGT threads for games if the weekly one isn't enough. Although why is it not?

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Avs are the only team I know that has this ridiculous schedule to start the season. They play couple of games then have week off or something. I think last year was worse where they played a game or two then 4 or 5 days off, then played another game or two and another 4 or 5 days off
It’s been mentioned in several places that the rangers have it worse.

1 game in 11 days.

The hawks have only played 1 game.

We had 4 days off between games.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It's possible to make PGT threads for games if the weekly one isn't enough. Although why is it not?
Because the weekly threads usually continue the off topic conversations prior to game day. I like threads devoted to the game.

I never considered “PGT” on game day. I’ll start doing that

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006

Flyers only played one game until yesterday. Also the Rangers.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Agreed. Just give us a place to get hyped as f*** for stomping on the Bruins tonight please.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Agree with this. People seem to always forget that the players on the bottom pair on any team are on the bottom pair because they make mistakes more then the top-4 guys. If not they would be top-4 themselves. As long as those players don't make too many of those mistakes you have to learn to live with the fact that they will happen. IMO Graves is fine in that role. He is much better than most of the guys we had in that role in the recent past. Ideally of course a team want guys that are top-4 themselves or close to be top-4 but in reality that is very rare.

I miss Rosén, other than that I'm fine. He will have to focus on averaging >1 point / game for the Eagles and wait for his chance.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Cool man.

As an Avs fan I'll be tuning into this game hoping Naz doesn't do a thing to DeBrusk. Nobody on this team gives a **** what happened in game 2 of that series last year and Kadri doesn't play for Toronto anymore so he shouldn't give a **** either.

I can't like this post enough times

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad