NCAA GDT: Week 8: Yay another White Out at Penn St..

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
But that's not true. We are talking wins losses right...

Wins, losses, bowls, Big Ten championship games, quality of wins.

It’s pretty clear when you look at the overall picture especially when you see how much of Penn State recent history is made up of beating up on lesser opponents, insane luck and reffing.

Sep 19, 2008
Wins, losses, bowls, Big Ten championship games, quality of wins.

It’s pretty clear when you look at the overall picture especially when you see how much of Penn State recent history is made up of beating up on lesser opponents, insane luck and reffing.
Wisconsin did the same thing though. And while Wisconsin has made more Big Ten championships they have also been blown out in those games. How many playoff appearances has Wisconsin made jamming Jonathan Taylor 500 plays a game?

Wisconsin is basically built upon the running back :laugh: And this style of play was DEFENDED several weeks ago :laugh:

Guys it is not just me saying this.

Thinking the B1G is going to come down to the Penn St - Ohio St game. Michigan sucks. Michigan St seriously let Indiana nearly beat them at home? And Wisconsin... might be good. But as we’ve typically seen time and time again, the talent in the B1G east overwhelms whoever wins the west.

Penn State is Wisconsin tier. Not Clemson/Alabama tier.

Wisconsin has no QB. I can’t take them seriously until they stop playing hide the quarterback and actually do something besides run.

They’re one of the most overrated programs in history,

Last edited:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Wisconsin did the same thing though. And while Wisconsin has made more Big Ten championships they have also been blown out in those games. How many playoff appearances has Wisconsin made jamming Jonathan Taylor 500 plays a game?

Wisconsin is basically built upon the running back :laugh: And this style of play was DEFENDED several weeks ago :laugh:

Are Wisconsin expected to make the play-offs? Are there any similar programs at their recruiting level making the play-offs?

How many appearances does the great James Franklin and his stud recruiting classes have? They flukes out what one Big Ten title and then got shit kicked by a mediocre USC team in the Rose Bowl.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

Congrats on posting something that has nothing to do with what I was responding to what you said. Again, you're very bad at this.

Sep 19, 2008
All fairness to Wisconsin they manage to eke out surprising bowl game wins where I give them credit for that. But I really think they should upgrade their offense. It's not really a secret what their game plan is. Jam JT 6000 times a game and hope for yards. It works against defenses that can't contain him. If you contain him, then you force Wisconsin to use someone that doesn't exist (QB) and that's trouble. Heck, the last good Wisconsin QB was Russell Wilson and he only spent one year there.

Sep 19, 2008
Congrats on posting something that has nothing to do with what I was responding to what you said. Again, you're very bad at this.
So I'm Wisconsin in big games

You all will never win a title running the ball all day. Use the forward pass. It's 2019

member 157595

The endless bickering in this thread is offputting.

And it's crazy how people's opinions mean nothing if they don't follow a blue blood program.

Didn't you hear? Your intelligence is proportional to the success of your favorite college football team, I thought everyone knew that. It's why Alabama has the greatest educational record in the country!

Reactions: Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
I just think it's funny how people try to claim Wisconsin is somehow a step up than Penn State when they're BOTH programs with gigantic flaws playing nobodies. And nobody in this thread has brought a convincing argument otherwise.

Wisconsin Vs Penn State

iu

member 157595

Which is why they have underrated rankings and run a specific brand of football...which also doesn't win big games against OSU :laugh:

No team north of the Mason-Dixon line can consistently handle Ohio State, so that's not unique to Wisconsin.

OSU recruits at the Alabama/Clemson level and consistently molds countless NFL players out of that potential. They are easily one of the 5 best programs in the country.

member 157595

Have heard this for 20 years and literally every time they play an SEC team or Miami. It doesn't hold up. At all.

I didn't say they couldn't beat those teams, I said they couldn't beat those teams if they tried to beat them at a track meet. Wisconsin, like any other program, is going to play to their strengths. If they had to race up and down the field in 4WR+shotgun sets with a high-end SEC team they'd get the doors blown off.

Reactions: Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
Didn't know Canadians played American College Football. Ther'es like one Canadian playing for the Chiefs currently in NFL but that's it :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00