NCAA GDT: Week 8: Yay another White Out at Penn St..

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Top 25 games:

Friday:
#4 Ohio State @ Northwestern (8:30pm, FS1)

Saturday:
#3 Clemson @ Louisville (12pm, ABC)
WVU @ #5 Oklahoma (12pm, FOX)
#6 Wisconsin @ Illinois (12pm, BTN)
#9 Florida @ South Carolina (12pm, ESPN)
#11 Auburn @ Arkansas (12pm, SECN)
Purdue @ @23 Iowa (12pm, ESPN2)
#3 LSU @ Miss St (3:30pm, CBS)
#12 Oregon @ #25 Washington (3:30pm, ABC)
Temple @ #19 SMU (3:30pm, ESPN2)
#20 Minnesota @ Rutgers (3:30pm, BTN)
Tulsa @ #21 Cincinnati (3:30pm, ESPNU)
#18 Baylor @ Oklahoma St (4pm, FOX)
#22 Mizzou @ Vanderbilt (4pm, SECN)
Kentucky @ #10 Georgia (6pm, ESPN)
#17 Arizona St @ #13 Utah (6pm, PACN)
Kansas @ #15 Texas (7pm, LHN)
#16 Michigan @ #7 Penn St (7:30pm, ABC)
Tennessee @ #1 Alabama (9pm, ESPN)
#14 Boise St @ BYU (10:15pm, ESPN2)

member 157595

I'd be shocked if Michigan won that game. PSU's not a playoff team but they're a lot better than Michigan.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I don’t want to just *beat* Michigan. I want to destroy them. Like a patented Coach Franklin 40 or 50 burger, 3+ possession win.

But yeah, even if that doesn’t happen (and I think it will as these teams seem to exchange blowout wins every year) take PSU -9 to the bank.

Reactions: ecemleafs

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
I'd be shocked if Michigan won that game. PSU's not a playoff team but they're a lot better than Michigan.
It'll be a repeat of two years ago with the white out at night, at Penn State, when Michigan got destroyed 42-13. Harbaugh has never been able to have his team prepared or ready for a game that matters, let alone on the road, so expect more of the same from two years ago, sadly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rossi Rat

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
They're not a great team this year, but I hope UM can beat PSU- still have no idea why people glorify that school.

member 157595

They're not a great team this year, but I hope UM can beat PSU- still have no idea why people glorify that school.

Who glorifies PSU besides PSU homers? They're nothing more than a pretender when it comes to NC consideration, everyone knows that, but they're still a pretty good team.

member 157595

It'll be a repeat of two years ago with the white out at night, at Penn State, when Michigan got destroyed 42-13. Harbaugh has never been able to have his time prepared or ready for a game that matters, let alone on the road, so expect more of the same from two years ago, sadly.

I don't think it's just Harbaugh, though he certainly contributes to the problem. Michigan doesn't have the elite athletes or depth it used to have either.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Who glorifies PSU besides PSU homers? They're nothing more than a pretender when it comes to NC consideration, everyone knows that, but they're still a pretty good team.
It’s the sense of pride with the university that comes with being a resident of central PA and/or a Pennsylvania State University alumnus or alumna, living and being very successful in many major cities throughout the world.

I’m not sure if you’ve ever been to the White Out Game, but it is an incredibly hostile environment, more so than any other stadium in this country. Michigan players will **** their pants, blink and be down 14-0. And it’ll all avalanche from there to about a 48-13 or so final.

Yeah, we’re cocky about our team. We’re not thrilled about being 6-0, it’s the expectation.

All this said, I acknowledge it is always one of the Michigan schools and OSU that cost us that shot at being an elite playoff level team. But the Michigan schools suck this year, and they’ll get OSU when both schools are likely 10-0. And it’s always been a close game with them, so they better be careful. They’ve been susceptible to big let down games every year too. And they could probably stomach one, but it can’t be the PSU game or the B1G title game.

member 157595

It’s the sense of pride with the university that comes with being a resident of central PA and/or a Pennsylvania State University alumnus or alumna, living and being very successful in many major cities throughout the world.

I’m not sure if you’ve ever been to the White Out Game, but it is an incredibly hostile environment, more so than any other stadium in this country. Michigan players will **** their pants, blink and be down 14-0. And it’ll all avalanche from there to about a 48-13 or so final.

Yeah, we’re cocky about our team. We’re not thrilled about being 6-0, it’s the expectation.

All this said, I acknowledge it is always one of the Michigan schools and OSU that cost us that shot at being an elite playoff level team. But the Michigan schools suck this year, and they’ll get OSU when both schools are likely 10-0. And it’s always been a close game with them, so they better be careful. They’ve been susceptible to big let down games every year too. And they could probably stomach one, but it can’t be the PSU game or the B1G title game.

...okay? Good for you?

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Alexa, play “Zombie Nation” set to “We Are Penn State”.

Michigan is going to get smacked tonight. Their offense will be clueless.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Corso's Headgear Selection.....from the happiest valley in the land, State College, PA, where one of my favorite posters, the esteemed @Rossi Rat honed his skillz! :yo: They ARE! :yo: :naughty:

Factoid: Lee is 3-2 when donning the Lion & 7-4 when donning the Maize & Blue

Sign of the Day: "Enron had more credibility than Michigan's offense" :biglaugh:

Runner Up Sign of the Day: "Bear deserves a seat at the table" :laugh: :nod:

Celebrity Picker: Good Morning America host & Penn State alum Lara Spencer, who obviously is going with her elite, blue blood alma mater. :naughty:

Lee: Reminds us he picked Peen State to beat Ohio State in last year's white out & was wrong. Leads the "WE ARE" chant......says the crowd is ready & so is Lee as he dons the Lion head. :biglaugh:

Reactions: Rossi Rat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad