NFL GDT: Week 17

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
ESPN isn't actually going to stay on the air until we get an update on Hamlin are we?

That seems cruel.
What are they supposed to do, flip on a rerun of something and just have a ticker message explaining why the game isn’t on? I guess they can do that but we’re kind of in uncharted water with the severity so they’ll just be giving round the clock updates at this point, if it isn’t the Monday Night crew it’ll be people in a studio doing the sane thing

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Wasn't watching tonight but had Burrow in fantasy and wondered why it wasn't updating. Then read what was happening elsewhere.

Having this happen on live TV brings back memories of Hank Gathers

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I was looking forward to a great night of ribbing each other then this happens. What a horrible event. Football seems so pointless now.
We're all suckers in the NFL's game, man. We're all addicted to a league that doesn't give 2 shits about anything other than money, and had to basically be FORCED to suspend a game that should have been immediately suspended.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
This is really bad…seems like there will be really bad news delivered later tonight or tomorrow barring a miracle

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Since it's a breathing issue, I doubt it's a heart issue. I was just throwing that out there.

When I took CPR training for work they taught that the two are directly related and in fact, the old method of heart compressions mixed with breathing into their mouth is outdated now, All that matters is the chest compressions. The theory being if your heart is beating, you're getting oxygen, even if it's just manually being sucked in from the compressions, Based on that, I assume the ventilator is worst case scenario and a last ditch effort. Sorry to be negative but that's my very uneducated guess.

Reactions: SladeWilson23

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Only good thing i herd was some family came down and rode in the ambulance..hope we survives/
That could go either way.

When the ambulance isn't in a rush it could mean it's not a time emergency.

It could also mean they don't think he's gonna make it.

However, at this point, if the situation was as dire as the latter, we may have heard that by now.

Reactions: NJDevs26

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
That could go either way.

When the ambulance isn't in a rush it could mean it's not a time emergency.

It could also mean they don't think he's gonna make it.

However, at this point, if the situation was as dire as the latter, we may have heard that by now.
Scary.. poor family.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I find it hard to believe that team doctor's don't monitor athlete's heart extensively to rule out what could potentially be hypertrophic cardiomyopathy leading to cardiac arrest.
Doctors are often reactive. There isn't an all-seeing eye for every possible condition. . Ryan Clark almost died due to him having sickle cell trait and the Denver air pressure.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
When I took CPR training for work they taught that the two are directly related and in fact, the old method of heart compressions mixed with breathing into their mouth is outdated now, All that matters is the chest compressions. The theory being if your heart is beating, you're getting oxygen, even if it's just manually being sucked in from the compressions, Based on that, I assume the ventilator is worst case scenario and a last ditch effort. Sorry to be negative but that's my very uneducated guess.

Reports said he has a pulse, which is a good sign. Intubation isn't the "end of the line". He can and will make it.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Intubation is standard ACLS/BLS protocol. You’re ventilating and protecting the airway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad