NFL GDT: Week 17

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
These videos they keep showing of the players. Burrow crouched down, eyes wide, looking like he’s seen a ghost. Theyre literally watching a man being given life saving medical care and not knowing how it is going to end up. For almost TEN minutes straight.

and the league told the refs to tell them they had five minutes.
Absolute joke for them to say 5 minutes. Watching Joe Burrow try to warm up with that vacant stare while throwing the football was the saddest thing

Reactions: Dubi Doo

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
NFL Network has yet to go live. They're showing Franco Harris: A Football Life

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
NFL Network has yet to go live. They're showing Franco Harris: A Football Life

They already did. They talked with the on site reporter they have and also had Ian Rapoport on as well.

The host stated they would come back if there were any more developments.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Bengals coaches, players and fans showed to be wonderful people tonight.

Reactions: SnS

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
Absolute joke for them to say 5 minutes. Watching Joe Burrow try to warm up with that vacant stare while throwing the football was the saddest thing

They refs follow the guidebooks that are given to them by the league.

It will never cover everything and making decisions outside that requires multiple parties (they also would've needed the NFLPA's support to postpone the game).

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Just a question about CPR since it sounds like they were treating him with it for so long:

Is there a possibility of brain damage, or does CPR do enough for getting oxygen to the brain?

Anyways, obviously I hope he pulls through and kudos for the coaches/players calling it for the night.

CPR is done until an AED is used to reset the heart's electrical rhythm .

Reactions: Seedtype

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Good on Scott Van Pelt to continue to not let the NFL off the hook for trying to play this game until the coaches told them to f*** off

Reactions: SnS

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like no update in condition tonight from the hospital.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If someone told the nfl Office that cpr was performed that was going to be the end of the game tonight.

I get that it’s week 17 and the end of the season is looming but someone needing cpr performed on them means it’s serious.

Going to be a logistical task with TV agreements to get the regular season finished and WC weeks games done as scheduled.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I think the 5-minute thing came from the refs, who likely needed to go into contact with Park Avenue to determine the next steps. Nothing more.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Having trained medical personal seconds away has to give him the best shot he would have had.

Hope that’s the case

Reactions: Kcoyote3

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Funny enough that was one of the first things i thought of watching the game. Being one of the unlucky souls who watched the PPV live where Hart died, the mood/tone after Hamlin got hurt was painfully similar. Football players, usually stone faced and dialed in looking shellshocked or inconsolable, the general eerie silence from the crowd, talking heads/announcers trying their best to do their job despite what they just saw.

Fortunately, the NFL made the right call canning the game for the night. WWE did not and their performers were forced to go on live TV, some of them visibly shaken/in tears. Perhaps worse was the fact the part of the ring where Hart hit was still busted and bloody.

Hopefully Hamlin's story has a better ending.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Bengals coaches, players and fans showed to be wonderful people tonight.

I get this sentiment but they did the bare minimum as humans, the NFL almost f***ed it up if it wasn't for them which I thank them for standing up to the league.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

I think the 5-minute thing came from the refs, who likely needed to go into contact with Park Avenue to determine the next steps. Nothing more.

Lmao, if you think the refs decided that on spot then I got a bridge to sell you. Clearly the league wanted the game to go on until Taylor/McDermott/players said f*** that.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Half an hour ago it was at $700k donated, it's already almost $915k

Apparently it’s over $3 million now.

Funny enough that was one of the first things i thought of watching the game. Being one of the unlucky souls who watched the PPV live where Hart died, the mood/tone after Hamlin got hurt was painfully similar. Football players, usually stone faced and dialed in looking shellshocked or inconsolable, the general eerie silence from the crowd, talking heads/announcers trying their best to do their job despite what they just saw.

Fortunately, the NFL made the right call canning the game for the night. WWE did not and their performers were forced to go on live TV, some of them visibly shaken/in tears. Perhaps worse was the fact the part of the ring where Hart hit was still busted and bloody.

Hopefully Hamlin's story has a better ending.

I think Allen’s face/reaction said the most to me.

He wasn’t a guy who was a little shaken up by an injury, he was a guy who was in total shock at what he had just seen. I remember a shot of him sitting on the bench and you could tell that football wasn’t even remotely on his mind.

Obviously the scenes reminded me of the Christian Eriksen situation a couple years ago and that game too was rightly postponed.

Last edited:
Reactions: UnSandvich

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Apparently it’s over $3 million now.

I think Allen’s face/reaction said the most to me.

He wasn’t a guy who was a little shaken up he an injury, he was a guy who was in total shock at what he had just seen. I remember a shot of him sitting on the bench and you could tell that football wasn’t even remotely on his mind.

Obviously the scenes reminded me of the Christian Eriksen situation a couple years ago and that game too was rightly postponed.
Not really, UEFA/FIFA made Denmark play the rest of the game like three hours later, albeit after his condition had somewhat stabilized.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Not really, UEFA/FIFA made Denmark play the rest of the game like three hours later, albeit after his condition had somewhat stabilized.

Was just posting this in the other thread about schedules, but I think the only reason the Denmark game was able to resume that quickly was because Eriksen was awake, alert, and his recovery (at least on the human level) had a clear path. I can’t imagine the team would have played when they did if he was in a medically induced coma. Instead he was conscious as he left the stadium and was able to talk to his teammates shortly after.

The same clearly isn’t true for Hamlin which is why the postponement is for (at least) a day or two instead of only a few hours.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00