NFL GDT: Week 17

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Friendly reminder the Titans are basically resting everybody important.
Ah yes. It's the rare meaningless 2nd to last game of the season game. So they can lose this one and the Jags can win this week but they can still win the South if they beat the Jags next week?

I wonder if the Jags will be resting players as well on Sunday? If thats the case then I might have to switch my pick to the Texans.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Ah yes. It's the rare meaningless 2nd to last game of the season game. So they can lose this one and the Jags can win this week but they can still win the South if they beat the Jags next week?
Yes.

The only scenario where you can argue this week matters:

Titans tie the Cowboys. Jaguars lose.

Then the Titans win the South next week with a tie in Jacksonville, lol.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Jacksonville is still a long shot to earn a wild card, so you could argue it matters to them. It'd take quite a bit to happen though.
And given how Jacksonville has been building this second half of the season, I'd be reluctant to interrupt their flow by resting guys. Let them go out and beat a bad Texans team to keep things going.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Second time Tennessee is doing Thursday too. Also Dallas, but they’re gonna get thanksgiving every year.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Second time Tennessee is doing Thursday too. Also Dallas, but they’re gonna get thanksgiving every year.
Week 2 to week 17 is when you have TNF. That is 16 weeks. But Thanksgiving has 3 games now so it’s 19 games. Week 1 is the opener so no short week for anyone. So that means 6 teams need to play twice on TNF between that time frame of the regular season which would be deemed a short week.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Week 2 to week 17 is when you have TNF. That is 16 weeks. But Thanksgiving has 3 games now so it’s 19 games. Week 1 is the opener so no short week for anyone. So that means 6 teams need to play twice on TNF between that time frame of the regular season which would be deemed a short week.
New England and Buffalo played consecutive Thursday's (Thanksgiving against different teams then the week after against each other), so techinically they only had one short week each since the second one was a full week's rest.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
New England and Buffalo played consecutive Thursday's (Thanksgiving against different teams then the week after against each other), so techinically they only had one short week each since the second one was a full week's rest.
That’s what they generally try to do. This game should’ve been the week before thanksgiving.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
My mistake as it is 18 games between weeks 2-17. So looks like NE and Buf were the other teams that played 2 TNF games. Actually Buffalo played 3 if you count the opener via LA but that’s not a short week since it was the kickoff game.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
Just finish the season with no more injuries Dallas. Ride these last 2 games out. Show me in the playoffs. It’s been too long. Cowboys!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hold up, this is an audition for next week for Dobbs? Where is Malik Willis?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00