Confirmed with Link: Wayne Simmonds traded to Nashville for Ryan Hartman + conditional 4th

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Was listening to Sportsnet radio on the drive home and Elliotte Friedman was on going over moves that were not made yesterday.

Apparently the Jets thought that they were going to get Simmonds and he either nixed it or the Flyers didn't ask him to waive his NTC for Winnipeg.

Wonder what the offer was...

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Was listening to Sportsnet radio on the drive home and Elliotte Friedman was on going over moves that were not made yesterday.

Apparently the Jets thought that they were going to get Simmonds and he either nixed it or the Flyers didn't ask him to waive his NTC for Winnipeg.

Probably one of those "multiple pick" offers Fletcher mentioned.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Hartman looks like a pest who is not a total stiff which is something this current team desperately needed. Simmons protected out big guns but I wouldn't call him a pest. Honest question, can you name me the last forward who was a pest and not a total stiff this team had? (this means no car-bomb).

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Lebrun on The Athletic sounds like he got this direct from Simmonds’ agent:

It was about 2:40 p.m. ET and my understanding is that Eustace King, the agent for Wayne Simmonds, was preparing the paperwork in case his client had to wave his no-trade for a deal that would send him to Winnipeg.

Now, it never ended up getting quite that far. But the Jets certainly pushed for Simmonds late on Monday, I’m told, and the winger would have waved for Winnipeg, but instead, the Flyers dealt him to Nashville at 2:57 p.m. ET, with three minutes to spare.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007

ColorlessFabulousAmericanavocet-size_restricted.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’m with ya. Not saying he’s completely worthless, just like you it’s time to move on.
To us he basically is worthless because we already have JVR and Patrick who can replace the only thing of value he provided, the netfront PP scoring.

I wouldn't take him back for league minimum because we KNOW he'd get overused and end up on the top PP and in the middle six where he doesn't belong.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Lebrun on The Athletic sounds like he got this direct from Simmonds’ agent:

It was about 2:40 p.m. ET and my understanding is that Eustace King, the agent for Wayne Simmonds, was preparing the paperwork in case his client had to wave his no-trade for a deal that would send him to Winnipeg.

Now, it never ended up getting quite that far. But the Jets certainly pushed for Simmonds late on Monday, I’m told, and the winger would have waved for Winnipeg, but instead, the Flyers dealt him to Nashville at 2:57 p.m. ET, with three minutes to spare.

That would have been fun, in the Jets fans go bonkers kind of way. We were told by multiple posters that there was no way, no how that Simmonds was wanted by the Jets. Then again, many of us were pretty adamant that Simmonds was returning a 1st+.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
That would have been fun, in the Jets fans go bonkers kind of way. We were told by multiple posters that there was no way, no how that Simmonds was wanted by the Jets. Then again, many of us were pretty adamant that Simmonds was returning a 1st+.

None of my buddies wanted any part of Simmer, I wasn’t the best sales person tho either lol

Reactions: Tripod

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Calgary had a deal for another guy that got squashed, I don't know where the Calgary thing came from.
There were rumours that Calgary and Toronto had offers on the table with Chuck. Cal offered D picks and Toronto apparently offered Brown + pick. The Flyers preferred Hartman + a 3rd.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
All the offers seem similar without details, 2nd rd value player and 3rd rd pick or so.
There is no hint that anyone was offering a 1st rd pick.
So #55 and #86 or so, #86 might get you down to #45-50 or so.
The conditional 3/4 is probably worth a couple slots, so total value was probably #50.

Now #50 is a good draft pick, but unlikely to land you a player who will become a 24 year old RW who's a proven 30 point ES scorer and a good forechecker to boot.
We got Ginning, Allison and NAK with that pick or its equivalent under Hextall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad