Confirmed with Link: Wayne Simmonds traded to Nashville for Ryan Hartman + conditional 4th

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Amazing how bad the Preds’ PP is considering their point man options. And it’s not like they lack enough size & skill at forward for at least 1 good unit.

I’m guessing the injuries they’ve suffered are much to blame.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Oof
cbed5f5e53542012e304537d2fa62574.png

I guess it can't get much worse, but without a G or V type guy to feed him, Simmonds will probably get even worse.

I also don't buy for a single second that our PPs problem was being "predictable". It was a fluke drought that then became an issue of a dumbass coach playing with the setup. They've had the same setup for most of this decade and it was elite the entire time... it doesn't matter if other teams knew what was going to happen because it was happening anyway. Just like knowing the Caps PP objective is "pass to Ovi" doesn't stop them at all either.

By setup, I strictly meant their personnel that they utilize. I knew they were dead last, jist wasn't sure why it was they were there (were they also trying a 5 forward PP?).

Agree to disagree on why the PP was abysmal. Teams were noticeably taking away space from Ghost and G, and leaving Voracek on an island.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I don’t think adding Simmonds counts as “getting rich”. Granlund, sure, but Simmonds isn’t going to do much to help them. Even on the PP, he no longer has Giroux or Voracek.

its baffling with all the talent they have they have the 31st ranked PP. Which is pretty inexcusable in comparison to the Flyers given the talent difference

His contract will likely be very ugly.

Not quite a Lucic-type disaster, but a similar concept.

well it depends who it is. If Nashville brings him back I think I can safely say Poile will give him a reasonable contract as opposed to the Pejorative Slur in Edmonton

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I couldn't give a fig who they move out, I care about who they move in.

Hartman is a legitimate NHL player.
Myers is a top prospect.

NAK, Vorobyev, Bunnaman, et al - show me you're better than Varone, Weise, etc.

I don't care about Hagg and MacDonald, I care about Morin showing he belongs in the NHL.
Come on Dead.

How can Morin show he belongs in the NHL if he doesn't play?
How can NAK show anything playing 5:35 a game?

Reminder....Lehtera played 9:07 amd Weise 12:08 a game.

Varone, Knight, and Raffl have no future here next year. Playing NAK, Vorobyev and Bailey 10-12 minutes a night instead won't make a huge difference in wins/losses. You have said the same thing over and over. So let the kids play and see how they respond.

Same goes with AMac:

Provy Ghost
Sanheim Gudas
Morin/Hagg Myers

There is NO reason for AMac to dress another game this year unless an injury occurs. Let Morin and Hagg SPLIT games with Morin playing on one of the back to backs for sure, but map out 10 games for him to play in spreading the games out. Nothing wrong with easing him back in. Myers should play every game if healthy.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Come on Dead.

How can Morin show he belongs in the NHL if he doesn't play?
How can NAK show anything playing 5:35 a game?

Reminder....Lehtera played 9:07 amd Weise 12:08 a game.

Varone, Knight, and Raffl have no future here next year. Playing NAK, Vorobyev and Bailey 10-12 minutes a night instead won't make a huge difference in wins/losses. You have said the same thing over and over. So let the kids play and see how they respond.

Same goes with AMac:

Provy Ghost
Sanheim Gudas
Morin/Hagg Myers

There is NO reason for AMac to dress another game this year unless an injury occurs. Let Morin and Hagg SPLIT games with Morin playing on one of the back to backs for sure, but map out 10 games for him to play in spreading the games out. Nothing wrong with easing him back in. Myers should play every game if healthy.

NAK hasn't showed that much at LHV, right now I'd say his ceiling is a 20 ES points 4th line forward.
They'll play him at some point, but if he can't push Varone/Bailey out of the lineup his future isn't bright - and he played for Gordon for two years, so it's not like he's being sat for a coach's "favorite."

Morin isn't going to play for at least another week, simply because his LHV stint was too short to get into game shape after 10 months off - I expect him to practice with the team a few times before he gets put into the lineup.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
That doesn’t make sense. Neither player was a UFA and had to be traded. Minnesota — trying to rebuild — had no urgency to move a top line forward straight up for a middle 6 forward who might be as good as Granlund one day (and probably not, especially not all-around), based on the cost of other deadline deals. If it was larger, you sit on it until the draft when it goes back up again.

But when adjusted for xFenton/60, I guess it does make sense.
giphy.gif

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
NAK hasn't showed that much at LHV, right now I'd say his ceiling is a 20 ES points 4th line forward.
They'll play him at some point, but if he can't push Varone/Bailey out of the lineup his future isn't bright - and he played for Gordon for two years, so it's not like he's being sat for a coach's "favorite."

Morin isn't going to play for at least another week, simply because his LHV stint was too short to get into game shape after 10 months off - I expect him to practice with the team a few times before he gets put into the lineup.

NAK has shown just as much as Hartman/Cirelli and countless other bottom sixers in the league on teams that have better depth than Varone/Bailey. The difference is Hartman/Cirelli got a chance to play at age 21.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Well Morin has been practicing for a month or so now. But I don’t expect him cause they are rolling 7 d again tonight instead of sitting hagg or amac. Probably still nervous about a rookie in the line up

Honestly not upset with this trade. Only thing that upset me was the fact that Pitt traded for gulbrandson and we couldn’t pawn off amac on them for a cheaper price.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don’t think adding Simmonds counts as “getting rich”. Granlund, sure, but Simmonds isn’t going to do much to help them. Even on the PP, he no longer has Giroux or Voracek.

I can see Simmer being more useful in Nashville because he won't have to do anything other then try and deflect PK and Josi bombs and put home rebounds. Literally all they do is bomb point shots. It's not working right now either, but Simmer could help there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

NAK was one of the top ES scorers in the AHL...something you ALWAYS talk about. How is that not showing much?

That "some point", sould be now until the end of season. Let's find out so we know more FOR NEXT YEAR.

As I said, I have no issue going slow with Morin. AMac should never play again with us having 8 Dmen on the roster.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Calgary had a deal for another guy that got squashed, I don't know where the Calgary thing came from.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
I can see Simmer being more useful in Nashville because he won't have to do anything other then try and deflect PK and Josi bombs and put home rebounds. Literally all they do is bomb point shots. It's not working right now either, but Simmer could help there.
For the price he was probably the perfect fit for them.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Calgary had a deal for Zucker that fell through.

Apparently GMGM negotiated the contract with Stone in 30 minutes. There was a lot of anxiety on both sides of that deal (Vegas and Ottawa) as they had been close on Karlsson deals multiple times and had it fall through.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
To be honest, Weal is a better player than Varone and our 4th line would have been better these past few weeks by swapping them..

Weal has been awful since he left us, Varone has 7 ES points in 32 games playing 7:32 a night with some dodgy linemates.
Weal had 7 ES points in 28 games playing 12:32 on the 3rd line. Then in 19 games in Arizona, 3 points playing 10:43.
Weal is better at possession, but not much else. And he's a below par forechecker.

Reactions: Freddy The Fog

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
NAK was one of the top ES scorers in the AHL...something you ALWAYS talk about. How is that not showing much?

So was Bailey. Ask Magua what he thinks of his future as a Flyer.
I've watched NAK, he's a bit stiff, in some ways a poor man's version of Laughton.
He should get his shot, but I don't see anything more than a bottom six, probably 4RW forechecker.
If he can play shut down defense, forecheck aggressively and garner 20-25 points, he'll be a fine addition.

The reason guys like Hartman get to start at 22 is because teams see enough to think they can contribute, and Hartman did, though he did spend two full seasons in the AHL, sound familar?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So was Bailey. Ask Magua what he thinks of his future as a Flyer.
I've watched NAK, he's a bit stiff, in some ways a poor man's version of Laughton.
He should get his shot, but I don't see anything more than a bottom six, probably 4RW forechecker.
If he can play shut down defense, forecheck aggressively and garner 20-25 points, he'll be a fine addition.

The reason guys like Hartman get to start at 22 is because teams see enough to think they can contribute, and Hartman did, though he did spend two full seasons in the AHL, sound familar?

You also assured us that Lindblom and TK are nothing more than 4th liners and that didn't pan out. So, yeah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad