Confirmed with Link: Wayne Simmonds traded to Nashville for Ryan Hartman + conditional 4th

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Bailey unfortunately doesn’t seem to have any feel for the game. It’s a shame, because he’s certainly big, strong, & fast. But he’s like a track & field athlete trying to play a nuanced team sport. The subtle points of the game are missing.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Thinking i a guy can play on an NHL 4th line after solid production in the AHL is hardly hyping someone up
I don’t think it’s unfair of Madrigal to believe that those who argue NAK unquestionably deserves a full-time regular NHL role, & that his organizational presence made Hartman’s acquisition unnecessary, are overrating NAK. You’re making it sound like Madrigal is accusing others of hyping NAK, when he’s just saying that treating NAK as having earned a regular role & obviating the need to add any other bottom six RWs is equivalent to overrating him.

Reactions: The Madrigal

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Oh, I see, this is the new Madrigal bit. Has it been two years already?

Proposal: - Flyers and Coyotes

Flyers get:
Anthony Duclair
1st round pick (23) in 2017

Coyotes get:
Sean Couturier
3rd round pick (80) in 2017

He's expendable now with a real potential 2nd line center about to be in the mix (Patrick or Hischier) and he isn't nicknamed "cantscourier" for nothing. Excellent defensive forward, limited on offense though mostly due to his poor skating.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I don’t think it’s unfair of Madrigal to believe that those who argue NAK unquestionably deserves a full-time regular NHL role, & that his organizational presence made Hartman’s acquisition unnecessary, are overrating NAK. You’re making it sound like Madrigal is accusing others of hyping NAK, when he’s just saying that treating NAK as having earned a regular role & obviating the need to add any other bottom six RWs is equivalent to overrating him.
Exactly. The narrative that Hartman was a wasted acquisition because the Flyers have NAK in their system is flawed to the point of being ridiculous.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I’ve got no problem with Hartman, think he’s a fine depth player on a controllable contract still. Think it’s stupid to hate on him too. Not really because he’s a depth player on a non playoff team ran by a tire fire organization lately, but because the reason he was the return was because said tire fire organization didn’t see Simmonds’ decline a year ago when practically every Flyers fan did. Then making matters worse by keeping Hakstol on.

Time to complain about a, with emphasis on the a, Hartman type return was over a year ago. Shit is just stupid to even argue about now.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Oh, I see, this is the new Madrigal bit. Has it been two years already?

Proposal: - Flyers and Coyotes
7D097283-6699-48B3-82AE-A0061EFD43DC.gif

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Congrats to Wayne on the Messier Leadership Award.

Nice that most of the work he did to earn it was done in Philly. Well done!

"The 30-year-old forward participated as a board member of the Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation (ESYHF) for the sixth consecutive year, visiting community rinks and engaging students. He served as honorary chairman of the foundation's annual golf tournament - its largest fundraiser - for the fourth-straight year. Simmonds also worked with the planning committee in hosting the organization's Willie O'Ree Skills Weekend, writing welcome letters to each participant. In addition to his efforts with ESYHF, Simmonds continued his "Wayne's Road Hockey Warriors" ball hockey fundraiser in his hometown of Scarborough, Ont., and donated a private Flyers suite to military personnel as part of his "Wayne's Warriors" program."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad