OT: Washington Redskins 2020 Season Thread 9: Happy Chase Young Day Draft Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Pretty fair, though I can't take any evaluation of him that doesn't acknowledge the fact that Gruden had no interest in developing him (or maybe even drafting him) because he was solely concerned about keeping his job totally seriously. Have said it before but I don't think Haskins could have been put into a worse situation for him to develop: lame-duck coach who had no shot of keeping his job, toxic leadership structure, injuries or holdouts to his best linemen and tight end, no NFL-caliber WRs who weren't rookies, and a 34-year old AP as his only reliable running back.

Unless he is completely atrocious this year or unless they're in a position to get Lawrence or Fields I'm not cutting bait until I see three years worth of work from him. Haskins again will have a below average (at best) supporting cast talent-wise and Covid is taking away his ability to get in the building and work on the new system with his teammates and new coaches. It'll probably be three years into his career before the kid has any sort of normal offseason and I think people need to be a little understanding with him and his development.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Pretty fair, though I can't take any evaluation of him that doesn't acknowledge the fact that Gruden had no interest in developing him (or maybe even drafting him) because he was solely concerned about keeping his job totally seriously. Have said it before but I don't think Haskins could have been put into a worse situation for him to develop: lame-duck coach who had no shot of keeping his job, toxic leadership structure, injuries or holdouts to his best linemen and tight end, no NFL-caliber WRs who weren't rookies, and a 34-year old AP as his only reliable running back.

Unless he is completely atrocious this year or unless they're in a position to get Lawrence or Fields I'm not cutting bait until I see three years worth of work from him. Haskins again will have a below average (at best) supporting cast talent-wise and Covid is taking away his ability to get in the building and work on the new system with his teammates and new coaches. It'll probably be three years into his career before the kid has any sort of normal offseason and I think people need to be a little understanding with him and his development.
Hear hear.

He’s also still very very young

Reactions: LesDiablesRouges

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Hear hear.

He’s also still very very young

He is young and shown potential.

Chris Simms recently did some evaluation on QBs and JP Finley was upset Simms put Haskins behind Trubisky. Well it seems like a no brainer regardless of how bad Trubisky was last year. Trubisky made the pro bowl in 2018 and Hask has 3 decent games under his belt at the end of his rookie year. Hask has a lot to prove.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I don’t remember where I read it but I saw Haskings is throwing with AB

Its right in the ESPN article that WH posted.

Haskins has posted multiple videos of him working out, showing a body more sculpted than at this time a year ago. He posted a video on Instagram of him throwing to receivers such as Stefon Diggs, whom he used to throw to while still in high school, and Antonio Brown. Turner said Haskins also has been throwing to Redskins receivers Terry McLaurin and Kelvin Harmon.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
AB seems like a dude that Ron would not want in the locker room, plus he's talked about building from the ground up and not wanting to go after "cheap wins" so I don't expect the Redskins to sign him.

That said, you likely couldn't find a better fit for this roster than AB84. He and McLaurin would be a terrific 1-2 pair and they'd open up the running game as well as open up space for each other and the other WRs. If he turns out to be stable and lasts past this season they could cross WR off their list of needs for next year.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
AB seems like a dude that Ron would not want in the locker room, plus he's talked about building from the ground up and not wanting to go after "cheap wins" so I don't expect the Redskins to sign him.

That said, you likely couldn't find a better fit for this roster than AB84. He and McLaurin would be a terrific 1-2 pair and they'd open up the running game as well as open up space for each other and the other WRs. If he turns out to be stable and lasts past this season they could cross WR off their list of needs for next year.

If he turns out to be stable?

Reactions: kicksavedave

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
seems like that ship has sailed. He’s already proven unstable.

hard pass on that idiot and having him around anyone young and impressionable.

Yup. I think the WR "diva" label gets thrown out too easily but AB is a proven can of mixed nuts. Diggs would've been the best target, imo.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad