OT: Washington Redskins 2020 Season Thread 9: Happy Chase Young Day Draft Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Test every player before every game? And practice? And meeting?

Every game, yes, its possible. Every practice and meeting, not possible but maybe not needed.

Who knows man, any thought of pro sports starting up any time soon is going to involve plenty of risk of spread. I just hope they figure out how to do it once, properly, and permanently. A big second wave that causes a re-shutdown will be devastating.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I think Peterson gets traded, McKissic and Barber get released. Just my own gut feeling in that Rivera and company are probably going to go with Guice and Gibson (maybe a new age H Back that can do it all), while Love is the third down back.

My prediction. Peterson, Guise and McKissic make the team as RBs. Gibson makes the team and takes either a WR, O-line spot or he makes the team as a RB after the NFL expands rosters in response to COVID 19. Gibson is making the team one way or the other. The other 2 get cut with a wild card Love starts on the PUP and/or practice squad.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I think Peterson gets traded, McKissic and Barber get released. Just my own gut feeling in that Rivera and company are probably going to go with Guice and Gibson (maybe a new age H Back that can do it all), while Love is the third down back.

Who the heck is going to trade for a 40 year old running back?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Barnwell ranked all NFL teams' offseasons from worst to first and ranked the Redskins 11th. Seems like a reasonable take.
What went right: Washington landed Ron Rivera as its new coach, and the two-time Coach of the Year went right to work attempting to fix the defense. Washington brought back Kendall Fuller, reunited Rivera with longtime Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis, and took one-year fliers on defensive backs Sean Davis and Ronald Darby and linebacker Kevin Pierre-Louis. The secondary has been a mess in Washington for years, and moving on from Josh Norman likely qualifies as addition by subtraction. The team topped the transformation off by using the No. 2 overall pick on pass-rusher Chase Young.
What went wrong: Most of the deals I mentioned were reasonable, but the four-year, $40 million deal given to Fuller was too generous for a player who has played only one above-average season. The team also sold low on two disgruntled veterans, tackle Trent Williams and cornerback Quinton Dunbar, although I'm pushing some of the blame for the modest Williams return from San Francisco on deposed executive Bruce Allen. Dunbar, meanwhile, was charged with armed robbery last week.
Rivera didn't do enough to support second-year quarterback Dwayne Haskins. The only veteran receivers Washington imported this offseason were roster fodder like Logan Thomas, Richard Rodgers and Cody Latimer, the latter of whom was arrested Saturday on five charges related to discharging his weapon in a Colorado apartment. The organization added Antonio Gibson in the third round and Antonio Gandy-Golden in the fourth round of the draft, but its move to give up a second-rounder to jump up eight spots last year to draft edge rusher Montez Sweat cost Washington a chance at adding a more notable wide receiver with the No. 34 pick.
What they could have done differently: When Robby Anderson's price dipped, I would have liked to have seen Washington target the former Jets wideout on a similar sort of contract to the two-year, $20 million pact he inked with Carolina. Anderson is probably stretched as a No. 1 wideout, but he would have made an excellent No. 2 across from budding star Terry McLaurin.
Brandon Scherff. After losing Williams, the next thing for Washington to do to protect Haskins is to retain its star guard. Scherff was retained via the franchise tag on a one-year, $15 million pact, and I'd expect the Iowa product to top that figure on an average annual salary across a new deal. A Scherff extension would likely come in somewhere around five years and $75 million.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
AP and Terry were the only reliable players on offense last year. I think it would be a mistake to move him. Even if he's lost some of his explosiveness he's still a legend to those young kids in the offensive team room and there's no other sure thing on the roster at RB without him.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Of course Peterson wanted Williams to stay. They played together at Oklahoma and were friends, he didn’t want to play here though so why even say that. He hates the Redskins, deleted all of his Redskins pictures from his social media and everything essentially like a bad breakup. He doesn’t want to be tied to the franchise at all anymore even though he was our best player for 10 years.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Of course Peterson wanted Williams to stay. They played together at Oklahoma and were friends, he didn’t want to play here though so why even say that. He hates the Redskins, deleted all of his Redskins pictures from his social media and everything essentially like a bad breakup. He doesn’t want to be tied to the franchise at all anymore even though he was our best player for 10 years.
He wanted to go into the “Ring of Fame” a couple months before we dealt him.

Fak that now

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Baker is now suing Dunbar for saying he wasn’t at the crime scene. This stuff is pretty funny so glad we traded him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad