OT: Washington Football Team-Free Agency Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I seem to recall Ron mentioning that mobility was a big trait he looked for in a QB and Turner has made similar comments. Fields' ability to run the ball and keep the defense honest would put a lot of pressure on a team that already has to figure out how to cover Gibson, Terry, Samuel, Humphries, and Logan Thomas. Could be interesting.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Impressive. Most I ever did was 18. Also, Chase Young sighting.

Also, this reminds me that Kevin Durant at the combine couldn’t do one rep of 185. That still blows my mind.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Impressive. Most I ever did was 18. Also, Chase Young sighting.

Also, this reminds me that Kevin Durant at the combine couldn’t do one rep of 185. That still blows my mind.

KD is a beanpole so not being able to do 185 on the bench isn't entirely surprising. He has literally the worst kind of body type to do bench with his narrow frame and freakishly long wingspan. What still blows my mind is Sam Bennett and Casey Middelstadt not being able to do a single pull-up at the combine. I get hockey is much more about leg strength but an 18-year old top-10 pick should be able to do one bodyweight pull-up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Fields is going to be a star, he’s so dynamic. Dude is nothing like Haskins, shying away from him because he’s an OSU quarterback is stupid

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
So Lynch/49’ers didn’t attend OSU pro day?Wild they felt the need to move to 3 to get Mac Jones.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Fields is going to be a star, he’s so dynamic. Dude is nothing like Haskins, shying away from him because he’s an OSU quarterback is stupid

It wouldn't shock me.

The kid seems like a gamer with a good head on his shoulders and the physical tools to succeed.

Reactions: max21

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I love how people make a big deal either way about the stupid ass pro day / combine BS. Mike Mamula combine warrior anyone?

You can either play football or you can’t and there is a ton of actual film of pretty much everyone trying to do that. If these ‘talent shows’ carry too much weight with anyone compared to actual film I’m not sure what to say.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I love how people make a big deal either way about the stupid ass pro day / combine BS. Mike Mamula combine warrior anyone?

You can either play football or you can’t and there is a ton of actual film of pretty much everyone trying to do that. If these ‘talent shows’ carry too much weight with anyone compared to actual film I’m not sure what to say.
I understand having your specific position coaches go to pro days to get an up-close look at the mechanics of certain players you’re interested in. It makes less sense to me to have to the head coach or GM there.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I understand having your specific position coaches go to pro days to get an up-close look at the mechanics of certain players you’re interested in. It makes less sense to me to have to the head coach or GM there.

I get it from a due diligence perspective. But to go from he throws a great deep ball on film to he didn’t throw a good deep ball in the made up in basically nothing like actual football pro day / combine workout and now we don’t want him is absurd BS IMO.

I’m sure it is mostly made up we have nothing else to talk about media garbage but it is still stupid and should likely be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad