OT: Washington Football Team-Free Agency Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

I dont like it.

Any trade will require a new contract and he wants LT money .. possibly top 5 left tackle money.

Hes a really good young RT ... to pay him top 10 LT money would be a vast over payment.

My gut also questions his drive and determination. Just feel like his motivation to play football is to make as much money as possible .. not compete and be the best. Just gut feeling.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Do we really care as long as he IS motivated and plays well, what his specific motivation is?

Some might consider the drive to provide for one’s family a greater motivation no?

Reactions: max21

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I wonder if we would give our extra third for him? Essentially would be Trent for Brown. I don’t think it would be a bad move if they can figure it out with out cap, would anchor the left side and then grab a playmaker at 19.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Do we really care as long as he IS motivated and plays well, what his specific motivation is?

Some might consider the drive to provide for one’s family a greater motivation no?

His dad made millions in the league, his family should be well provided for.

I dont want to give up no. 19 for a RT who has never played LT who also wants to be paid handsomely.

Id rather draft a LT at 19 and have them under team control for 5 years at a very affordable cap hit.

Unless the Ravens come off their 1st round plus more demand ....

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I dont like it.

Any trade will require a new contract and he wants LT money .. possibly top 5 left tackle money.

Hes a really good young RT ... to pay him top 10 LT money would be a vast over payment.

My gut also questions his drive and determination. Just feel like his motivation to play football is to make as much money as possible .. not compete and be the best. Just gut feeling.

Huh? If this were basketball or baseball I might agree with you there. But football players tend to have shorter lives because of it, tend to have miserable health in their mid/later years, and in many cases suffer debilitating pain stemming from their careers. I don't begrudge any NFL player wanting to grab as much money as they can, within reason. I don't support them holding out when under contract, but if an extension is part of a trade, I don't begrudge the player from trying to go big.

Who knows how his dad saved or invested... its not really relevant. Brown Jr should ask for what he's worth regardless of his family situation. Reasonable minds can certainly disagree as to what he's worth however.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia

I dont want to give up no. 19 for a RT who has never played LT who also wants to be paid handsomely.

Id rather draft a LT at 19 and have them under team control for 5 years at a very affordable cap hit.

I thought Brown moved to LT for a bunch of games after Stanley got injured?

Reactions: Neil Racki

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I thought Brown moved to LT for a bunch of games after Stanley got injured?

He did. But his desire to play LT is a lot more than just his brief fill in duty there. This is a good article on the back story why he wants to play LT.

Six teams showing interest in Baltimore Ravens OT Orlando Brown Jr.

During Orlando Brown Jr.'s freshman year at DeMatha High School, his father, Orlando Brown, heard the coaches were lining his son up at left guard and right tackle. Neither of those positions was left tackle, and therefore, neither was acceptable.

"If he's not playing left tackle, put him on defense," is how Brown Jr. recalls his father's talk with the head coach. "There's no need for y'all to do him like that."

And so, Orlando Brown Jr., son of the 6-foot-7, 360-pound former NFL right tackle nicknamed "Zeus," began his high school career at defensive tackle.

That's how important it was to the elder Brown for his son to play the premier position on the offensive line -- the one reserved for the most-respected, highest-paid player in the group, and the position he never got to play.

"One of the things he always stressed to me as a kid growing up was, 'Be better than me. Put yourself in a better position. I was an undrafted free agent. Get drafted in the first round, shoot for the stars,' " recalled Brown Jr., the former Oklahoma left tackle whom the Ravens drafted in the third round in 2018, in a phone conversation this week. "He always told me, 'Don't settle for playing right tackle. Make sure that when it comes time and you get to every level, you're playing left.' "

Reactions: max21

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It sounds more like Lance based on those quotes, and Lance is a better fit for his system.

If KS is going to Alabama and saying he doesn't have to worry about tipping his hand, and skipping NDSU, how does that point to Lance instead of Jones?

Reactions: Neil Racki

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

we all know pro athletes...that’s far from a certainty. I would not pay a 1st though.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
If KS is going to Alabama and saying he doesn't have to worry about tipping his hand, and skipping NDSU, how does that point to Lance instead of Jones?

Yeah, I didn't realize the Bama pro day hadn't happened yet. You're right.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Story highlights:

- The person who has drawn up Fields pro day workout is the same guy who drew up the pro day workout for Zach Wilson.

- people who will be at Fields workout:
And as for who will be there, those in the top 10 will be well-represented. Jets GM Joe Douglas, assistant GM Rex Hogan and OC Mike LaFleur; 49ers assistant GM Adam Peters, college scouting director Ethan Waugh and QBs coach Rich Scangarello; Falcons GM Terry Fontenot, coach Arthur Smith and OC Dave Ragone; Eagles QBs coach Brian Johnson, Panthers GM Scott Fitterer, coach Matt Rhule, and director of player personnel Pat Stewart; and Broncos GM George Paton are all expected to be in attendance. The Patriots, who’ve been linked to Fields, are sending exec Eliot Wolf and their area scout.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad