OT: Washington Football Team-Free Agency Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Every mock has them taking the left tackle from Oklahoma State. Not a sexy pick but much needed. A young Qb won’t develop if he’s hearing footsteps and a solid o-line can give a young player confidence to keep their eyes down field.

that’s going to be a very unsexy pick if JOK is sitting there....

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Every mock has them taking the left tackle from Oklahoma State. Not a sexy pick but much needed. A young Qb won’t develop if he’s hearing footsteps and a solid o-line can give a young player confidence to keep their eyes down field.
Huh. I’ve seen mocks with Darrisaw, a few different WR’s, LB’s, and an S. Not sure I’ve seen all the mocks with an OT from OkSt?

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
And bye Steve Sims Jr.

What a disappointing year after I was hoping that he could do good things from his rookie season.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Huh. I’ve seen mocks with Darrisaw, a few different WR’s, LB’s, and an S. Not sure I’ve seen all the mocks with an OT from OkSt?
The first four I looked at when I searched nfl mock draft 2021. CBS,Walter football were some notable sites.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002

So— Watsons trade value has dropped like a rock. Obviously. Throwing aside personal feelings on him due to all that os going on— now what is his trade value?

I personally cannot see RR and co delving into this, unless they had some *really* good Intel in his situation. That allowed them to feel good about it. And if that Intel exists, they won’t be the only team that has it and Watsons trade value will still be high.

so I don’t see much of a scenario where this DC club leadership will acquire Watson.

we’re this 2 years ago and Bitch Allen still at the helm? Then sure - I’d see the Redskins ponying up a lot to get him even with all the risks. Just the type of move Allen would do and of course Danny would sign off in (as I mean which of them doesn’t seem to like a good sexual harassment landscape??)

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Imagine going from watching a 25-year old superstar capable of routinely making throws and plays that leave you shaking your head in disbelief to a 37-year old who can barely move and throws 6-yard check downs 20 times a game. I love Alex Smith and think what he did here was very helpful in terms of bringing some professionalism and respect to the organization and his comeback story is obviously the stuff you make movies about but yeesh, that's just a little bit of a drop-off in QB play.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
So— Watsons trade value has dropped like a rock. Obviously. Throwing aside personal feelings on him due to all that os going on— now what is his trade value?

I personally cannot see RR and co delving into this, unless they had some *really* good Intel in his situation. That allowed them to feel good about it. And if that Intel exists, they won’t be the only team that has it and Watsons trade value will still be high.

so I don’t see much of a scenario where this DC club leadership will acquire Watson.

we’re this 2 years ago and Bitch Allen still at the helm? Then sure - I’d see the Redskins ponying up a lot to get him even with all the risks. Just the type of move Allen would do and of course Danny would sign off in (as I mean which of them doesn’t seem to like a good sexual harassment landscape??)

unless the behind the scenes thought is that he’s definitely going to get a BIG suspension of some sort.....I wonder just how low it’s really dropped....

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Deshaun Watson is more untouchable right now than the Stonemen of Old Valyria.

Reactions: usiel

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
unless the behind the scenes thought is that he’s definitely going to get a BIG suspension of some sort.....I wonder just how low it’s really dropped....
I can’t believe he won’t get suspended by the NFL. Regardless of anything else. At least a year, I’d wager. This has NOT been a good look for anyone, including the league.

Watson has some issues. Even if he’s somehow exonerated of all of this (I doubt it), he’s giving the league a bloody lip (wanted to say black eye, but that would look I was talking about colour, and I am assuredly not), and that will mean a punishment.

I think he’s done for a year at least. Maybe more

Reactions: g00n

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Wow a year would be surprising....all depends on the investigation. None of the parties will escape the scrutiny.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I can’t believe he won’t get suspended by the NFL. Regardless of anything else. At least a year, I’d wager. This has NOT been a good look for anyone, including the league.

Watson has some issues. Even if he’s somehow exonerated of all of this (I doubt it), he’s giving the league a bloody lip (wanted to say black eye, but that would look I was talking about colour, and I am assuredly not), and that will mean a punishment.

I think he’s done for a year at least. Maybe more

It's a pickle.

The league needs revenue from guys like Watson, but doesn't need the bad press. There will be lots of the latter all season.

Then there's the issue of whatever morals clauses are in Watson's contract vs how the NFLPA will interpret any kind of suspension.

Too much uncertainty for any team to pay a steep price. His trade value has to be "wait and see" right now.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So, basically, the much ballyhooed resistance of the minority owners (that led to the changing of the name, the investigations, the PR war) that everyone was hanging their hat on here to finally get rid of Snyder turned out to just give him complete and total control of the team. Another lesson in unintended consequences...

Or more likely there's a lot more going on.

My guess is the minority owners had Snyder over a barrel with threats of some kind--possibly insider info related to scandal investigations--and they were initially trying to force a sale but when Snyder dug in they settled for a buyout.

The only lesson here is don't be an asshole owner because someone will make you pay eventually.

Eirikrautha

Or more likely there's a lot more going on.

My guess is the minority owners had Snyder over a barrel with threats of some kind--possibly insider info related to scandal investigations--and they were initially trying to force a sale but when Snyder dug in they settled for a buyout.

The only lesson here is don't be an asshole owner because someone will make you pay eventually.
Yeah... I'm not seeing how Snyder got "hurt" here. Pretty sure he's happy to own the whole team (might even have wanted that earlier). Hard to see how he's learning a "lesson" at this point.

Reactions: Hivemind

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The recourse now is the same its always been, stop giving money to the team until Snyder sells. But instead of having that burden be shared, Snyder will be on the hook for its entirety. Granted, there's no internal hope for him to sell the team to any of the minority investors, but maybe the financial pain will escalate quicker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->