Injury Report: Vol. 3 (Updates in First Post) | Flower Out with Concussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETA

Aug 8, 2008
I know it will never happen but if / when Malkin is healthy, I'd punt Kunitz down to the 4th line and put Geno in his spot...
Or have 3 #1 lines with a gifted playmaker on each and a not-too-shabby 4th line.
We're learning that Kessel needs to have the puck to be effective and splitting Malkin, Crosby and Kessel seems to be our best option for the playoffs -- good luck matching those lines...

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I think you're having a bit of a breakdown

Heh... maybe a bit, I admit. It's been a really awful 2016, so far. Hence me not being around so much. I mean... like anyone would notice or care.

Much of it is just a lot of frustration bubbling to the surface. But not all of it.

Sorry about the coffee.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Phil Kessel playing well for a handful of games doesn't make Malkin remotely expendable, imo.

No but his frequent injuries are. Turning 30 in July, I certainly can't see him becoming more durable as the years go by. I hate to say it, because I love the Geno, but I would consider moving him. Especially when you also have over 7 tied up in Letang who's as bad or worse than him when it comes to missing time. That's a lot of cap space to get shelved on and off every ****ing year. I'm just happy Crosby has been relatively healthy (*punches tree*)

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Heh... maybe a bit, I admit. It's been a really awful 2016, so far. Hence me not being around so much. I mean... like anyone would notice or care.

Much of it is just a lot of frustration bubbling to the surface. But not all of it.

Sorry about the coffee.

Couple of things to remember and live by; Always keep things in perspective and It's always darkest before dawn.

Keep your head up and keep moving forward, best of luck!

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I always had that feeling that we might see Geno in R1. Not gonna claim it, not gonna say more about it, it´s just a feeling. That´s how it goes in the playoffs quite often. Even using him solely for full powerplay would be golden for this team (I know that it´s not how it works though).

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I always had that feeling that we might see Geno in R1. Not gonna claim it, not gonna say more about it, it´s just a feeling. That´s how it goes in the playoffs quite often. Even using him solely for full powerplay would be golden for this team (I know that it´s not how it works though).

If it's a wrist, shoulder, arm injury, there is no reason to play him until he's ready. His shot is the major threat on the PP. I can't imagine him being a one timer threat with an unhealed wrist/shoulder so there's no point to playing him exclusively on the PP.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
If it's a wrist, shoulder, arm injury, there is no reason to play him until he's ready. His shot is the major threat on the PP. I can't imagine him being a one timer threat with an unhealed wrist/shoulder so there's no point to playing him exclusively on the PP.
Yeah, but do we know what it really is?

Also.. Can you imagine him practicing like 16 days before the playoffs and then not joining the team during R1 (especially in the case that we have some trouble there) ?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Yeah, but do we know what it really is?

Also.. Can you imagine him practicing like 16 days before the playoffs and then not joining the team during R1 (especially in the case that we have some trouble there) ?

We know it's somewhere on his arm and yes he can skate as much as he wants with an arm injury unless it's really serious. That doesn't mean he can handle a puck or fire one timers any time soon.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Well duh Yohe.

He has an upper body injury. Unless he strapped his skates to his hands and skated upside down, while skating is not a bad sign by any means, it should not mean much.

Ah, but the exciting part is that Molinari reported Geno had a stick. What he was doing with it is a mystery. Perhaps he was channeling Teddy Roosevelt :sarcasm:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I've always thought that if the Pens are in a must win game 6 or 7 he would play.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
That sucks but I'm not surprised. It was only a matter of time before Rust got banged up. Guys that size that play that way will inevitably get injured from time to time.

That's the reason why billybudd talks about wars of attrition in the playoffs. Over a long playoff run, size and strength will tend to take over as small speedy guys are continually pounded into the ice. That said, this team is built on speed and it can be effective. Hopefully we can keep guys healthy enough to go far.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
That sucks but I'm not surprised. It was only a matter of time before Rust got banged up. Guys that size that play that way will inevitably get injured from time to time.

That's the reason why billybudd talks about wars of attrition in the playoffs. Over a long playoff run, size and strength will tend to take over as small speedy guys are continually pounded into the ice. That said, this team is built on speed and it can be effective. Hopefully we can keep guys healthy enough to go far.

We've been able to plug and play with the kids so far but it looks like Wilson is done for the season. Sundqvist will likely come up now, maybe Simon, but we're starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel for NHL ready forwards. Having Bennett back helps.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
That sucks. Its not just Rust, who, as good as he has been, we could replace short term. Im more afraid how it will impact Cullen and Kuhn. Can they keep producing with the new linemate? if they cant, we might be in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad