Injury Report: Vol. 3 (Updates in First Post) | Flower Out with Concussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
People are panicking as usual. We're pretty much in the ppst season at this point. Worst case scenario we'll lose home ice advantage. That being said, this is Murray's opportunity to show that he truly is the NHL-ready netminder we all believe him to be. The extra games will be good for him going into the playoffs. I also have no doubt that Flower will be back in time for round 1.

This team has had to face adversity due to injuries before. They'll manage again.

well no, worst case scenario is Fleury missing time in the playoffs. How can you have no doubt that his 2nd concussion of the season will only keep him out a few games?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
well no, worst case scenario is Fleury missing time in the playoffs. How can you have no doubt that his 2nd concussion of the season will only keep him out a few games?

Two weeks until the playoffs start. April 13 is first game and no guarantee that we play that night, may be a night or two later.

The vast majority of concussions do not keep players out longer than that.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
The only positive is that this is A+ experience for Matt Murray whom we hope is our starter one day. If he stands on his head for 5 games, he will have all the confidence in the world

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Two weeks until the playoffs start. April 13 is first game and no guarantee that we play that night, may be a night or two later.

The vast majority of concussions do not keep players out longer than that.

serious question: what about the vast majority of 2nd concussions in 6 months? Does that not have an impact here?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Just looked it up.

Statistically only three of ten (31 %) of diagnosed concussions result in a loss of 10 or more days lost.

In the NFL the average is two games.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
How many concussions has he had in his career up to this point? That seems like a rather knee-jerk statement.

It's that he's had two in a relatively short amount of time that's getting people worried. It's what, not even four months later? Never mind that he hasn't reached the pre concussion highs since the first one and the team's history.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
serious question: what about the vast majority of 2nd concussions in 6 months? Does that not have an impact here?

I doubt that I could find an answer to that specific a question.

I do remember when Crosby had his the doctors said as long as the first had time to heal it did not make one more susceptible to future concussions.

In any event we just have to wait and see. Worrying does no good.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I doubt that I could find an answer to that specific a question.

I do remember when Crosby had his the doctors said as long as the first had time to heal it did not make one more susceptible to future concussions.

In any event we just have to wait and see. Worrying does no good.

well yeah, there's nothing we can do but wait.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I feel like he got it when he tried to save Neal's goal, his helmet popped off too, seemed like a jarring save.

Hope he's ok soon. Two in one season is not good for anyone.

Time for Matt Murray to shine. I don't feel as panicked or freaked out because we have Murray.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I agree with Wilson's article to an extent. However, there is something to be said for experience, especially come playoff time. I think we're gonna see Murray start Game 1.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I feel like he got it when he tried to save Neal's goal, his helmet popped off too, seemed like a jarring save.

Hope he's ok soon. Two in one season is not good for anyone.

Time for Matt Murray to shine. I don't feel as panicked or freaked out because we have Murray.

its time for him to be our Cam Ward :nod:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Partially depressed. This team is coming together and just bad news around every bend. This is adversity on top of adversity.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
It almost feels that this is an exaggerated injury for gamesmanship and to rest MAF. If true, I blame the 20 or so head butts from his team mates after all the wins his been getting lately. Maybe Schultz is a little too excited after a win?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It almost feels that this is an exaggerated injury for gamesmanship and to rest MAF. If true, I blame the 20 or so head butts from his team mates after all the wins his been getting lately. Maybe Schultz is a little too excited after a win?

if you're going to make up or exaggerate an injury, I can't imagine it would be a concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad