Injury Report: Vol. 3 (Updates in First Post) | Flower Out with Concussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
PLAYER |TYPE OF INJURY|REPORTED|RECOVERY TIME|POSSIBLE RETURN|STATUS|UPDATED|SOURCE
Kevin Porter | Lower Body | 03.03.16 | 12 Weeks | 05.27 | Had ankle surgery | 03.03.16 | @penguins
Evgeni Malkin | Upper Body | 03.12.16 | 6-8 Weeks | 04.23 (earliest) | Skating on his own | 03.30.16 | @MolinariPG
Scott Wilson | Lower Body | 03.15.16 | Unknown | Unknown | Will require surgery | 03.17.16 | @penguins
Olli Määtta | Lower Body | 03.25.16 | Week to Week | Unknown | Injured in game v. NJD | 03.25.16 | @penguins
Brian Dumoulin | Upper Body | 03.26.16 | Day to Day | Unknown | 'Getting a lot closer' to return | 04.0116 | @penguins
Brian Rust | Lower Body | 03.30.16 | Day to Day | Unknown | Out v. Nashville | 03.30.16 | @penguins
Marc-Andre Fleury | Concussion | 04.02.16 | Unknown | Unknown | Did not travel with team, no other information | 04.02.16 | @penguins

Previous injury thread is here
This year, we're going to keep track of all the injuries using this spreadsheet

« 04.02.16 | Game Day @ NYI »

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Lupul had some serious injuries he had to get over though, didn't he?

Also, Lupul has played over 70 games 3x in his career, and 60+ (but under 70) at least 2x.

If we got at least that out of Bennett..I'd be somewhat happy at least. We can barely muster seeing Beau for even 50 games. Lupul was a good pick though for someone that is as injury prone, but he's played at least 70% of the games in the last 3yrs out of a possible 246 games.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Havlat? Gaborik in his early years, although not so much now.

Midcareer Havlat is certainly a good comparison for Bennett's numbers and games played. Gaborik gives me hope that Bennett can turn it around, but that depends on what exactly is causing Bennett's injuries- bad form? Genetics? Lack of conditioning? Some rare degenerative disease?

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Do we even know what BB's current injury is?

I think it's his shoulder. I seem to recall hearing that at some point during a broadcast, but I haven't seen anything with a source that I can post.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I think it's his shoulder. I seem to recall hearing that at some point during a broadcast, but I haven't seen anything with a source that I can post.

Yeah, that came up during the broadcast when he reinjured it. My guess is he's got a tendon injury or damage to the joint, but I'm not a doctor, just an oft-injured judoka.:laugh:

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Yeah, that came up during the broadcast when he reinjured it. My guess is he's got a tendon injury or damage to the joint, but I'm not a doctor, just an oft-injured judoka.:laugh:

Yeah, he had just come back when Oshie sent him back to the IR. He probably came back a bit too early, so I expect they'll be more cautious this time. Kid's in a tough spot really. It's not like he's putting his back out eating pancakes or anything, but, still ...

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yeah, he had just come back when Oshie sent him back to the IR. He probably came back a bit too early, so I expect they'll be more cautious this time. Kid's in a tough spot really. It's not like he's putting his back out eating pancakes or anything, but, still ...

Or stabbed in the leg by his wife after getting caught ****ing the babysitter ala Barrasso. :laugh:

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

I do think he's skating though. I could have sworn I saw that somewhere.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
He is skating and I think it was confirmed as his shoulder by Steigy or Errey... take it with a pound of salt. It's definitely that area, though.

Missed that one, thanks. I've updated the table.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
It's definitely his shoulder. Came back from shoulder injury, threw a hard check, and is back out. I figure he probably needs surgery but they are going to try the rest and rehab approach first to see if he can get through the season.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
It's definitely his shoulder. Came back from shoulder injury, threw a hard check, and is back out. I figure he probably needs surgery but they are going to try the rest and rehab approach first to see if he can get through the season.

ya, as soon as hit that player he winced and grabbed his shoulder.

I dunno. but if you are coming back from a big shoulder injury. maybe, just maybe you don't drive that shoulder into someone as hard as you can when you first come back.

i know that's crazy talk, but that's me...

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
ya, as soon as hit that player he winced and grabbed his shoulder.

I dunno. but if you are coming back from a big shoulder injury. maybe, just maybe you don't drive that shoulder into someone as hard as you can when you first come back.

i know that's crazy talk, but that's me...

In my opinion, he shouldn't have come back if his shoulder wasn't ready. Last year he played tentative after coming back from his knee injury and MJ benched him for it. Bennett has learned he has to play with intensity to be successful and keep his spot in the lineup. I don't blame him for playing hard and physical. I blame the medical staff and his brittle body for letting him play.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
he didn't know his shoulder wasn't ready. That week in practice, no one would hit him/go hard at him, so he wound up missing most of the key drills. So his first game back, he goes in to prove he's fine and not going to break every shift.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
he didn't know his shoulder wasn't ready. That week in practice, no one would hit him/go hard at him, so he wound up missing most of the key drills. So his first game back, he goes in to prove he's fine and not going to break every shift.

That's sorta my point. You don't let a guy back, especially with his injury history, until you've tested the shoulder. Oh well. I still suspect he may need surgery and they are just trying to rehab it for the playoffs.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
ya, he can only go by what the doc's say and how he feels. and like most hockey players when the doc. says go, you go no matter how you might feel.(if you can)

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, and to me if falls back on the team for allowing him to play without taking contact in practice first.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
maybe if he didn't spend so much time on twitter he'd be back now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad