Injury Report: Vol. 3 (Updates in First Post) | Flower Out with Concussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lim Ran

Apr 11, 2009
Toronto
Okay, fine, yes. This is terrible and this organization is ridiculous with this stuff.

But can we talk about how Fleury seems to be getting REGULAR concussions at this point?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Oh **** me.

Fleury is the one guy that we can not afford to lose.

Luckily it is two weeks until the playoffs start and we are in the playoffs all but officially. Rest him the entire two weeks for all I care.

The worst that happens is that we end up playing an Atlantic division team.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Only thing that worries me is he might be rusty if he sits out the rest of the regular season and comes back for game 1 of the playoffs.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Okay, fine, yes. This is terrible and this organization is ridiculous with this stuff.

But can we talk about how Fleury seems to be getting REGULAR concussions at this point?

This is the second one this season. He was out from 12.15.15 - 01.02.16, missing a total of 8 games.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
God. Damnit. Just... enough, already.

I'm just gonna go ahead and blame Kunitz for the elbow to the head in practice earlier this season.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

8247534_f260.jpg

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Imagine how screwed we are if MAF keeps getting concussions. We cant protect Murray from the expansion draft due to MAF having NMC. And imagine losing Murray,and MAF being damaged goods spending half the time on IR. Talk about cripling for the organisation.

Thats why only protecting 1 goalie is ridicoulus if the NMC needs to be protected and count towards the protected ones

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

How many concussions has he had in his career up to this point? That seems like a rather knee-jerk statement.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I'd like to remind everyone once again that Chris Kunitz is the one that got this ball rolling.

Not on purpose, but he did a better job buzzing his own goalie in practice than he has opposing goalies during games for two seasons.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yep another year limping into the playoffs so we can give them a gold star for participating.

Yeah cause we've done so poorly adjusting to injuries so far, and we don't have a great young goalie waiting in the wings or anything.

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia
It just never ends. Every season where we might be hopeful to succeed, we lose half of our goddamn team to injuries. I know injuries are part of the game and happen to every time, but I swear since 10-11, no one has had the bad injury luck that we have.

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia
Yeah cause we've done so poorly adjusting to injuries so far, and we don't have a great young goalie waiting in the wings or anything.

Thankful we do have Murray, but I'm a little concerned forcing a big role on him after he's only played ~7 NHL games. Especially if he has to start in the playoffs. Although rookie goalies have been great in the playoffs before (Cam Ward, Semyon Varlamov, etc).

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
People are panicking as usual. We're pretty much in the ppst season at this point. Worst case scenario we'll lose home ice advantage. That being said, this is Murray's opportunity to show that he truly is the NHL-ready netminder we all believe him to be. The extra games will be good for him going into the playoffs. I also have no doubt that Flower will be back in time for round 1.

This team has had to face adversity due to injuries before. They'll manage again.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Thankful we do have Murray, but I'm a little concerned forcing a big role on him after he's only played ~7 NHL games. Especially if he has to start in the playoffs. Although rookie goalies have been great in the playoffs before (Cam Ward, Semyon Varlamov, etc).

We're already essentially guaranteed a playoff spot, and the last concussion Fleury had he was only out for 2 weeks. It's not insurmountable, especially considering how well Murray's played when hes had the chance.

Let's see what he's got.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I'd like to cut our Cup chances down to just about nil...

...but...Matthew Murray come on down...

the only good thing...the ONLY GOOD THING....is him right now.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Thinking on it, wasn't it just a couple of days ago that Cole commented on how the Pens had been playing the wheels off of Fleury and that he worried how fresh he would be for the playoffs. If Sully were smart, he might play up a mild concussion, or even make one up completely, to get the guy some rest and to play mind games with whoever we get in the playoffs.

Either way, as long as Fleury is fine in a couple of weeks, it might be a blessing in disguise. He needed the rest, and if they fall to the second wild card they only would have to play one of the Rags and Caps.

Win-win I would say, without accusations of them trying to avoid any team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad