Injury Report: Vol. 3 (Updates in First Post) | Crosby to Miss ASG, Out "About A Week"

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2010
Good for him. Piss off N(BC)HL. He'll still recovering from your Flyers.

Lol I'd tell them to piss off every season if I were Crosby. Don't lift a finger to take care of your stars, allow them to cross check my neck for funsies, don't ask me to perform for you.

Crosby and Malkin are too nice for their own good.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
He's missing the ASG because it's stupid, and he's missing the next game because of the 1 game suspension for missing the ASG. I have no problem with this, he could use a 6 or so day rest more than anyone.

I hope he's missing the ASG because the league do them no favors. They don't protect their stars let alone the face of the league. It's not even subtle.

I always hated they went to these and the Olympics. Wasn't happy when Mario sure could do the Olympics but he was down for the count after that. The playoffs and going for the cup super-seeds all that crap.

penguins2946*

And there's the outrage from the main board, saying how poor of a sport Crosby is for not wanting to go to the ASG. What a surprise.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
This is where I'm at. I know it's irrational, and I know the injuries are no one's fault. But it's really difficult for me right now to keep my interest in hockey when my team's roster seems to constantly be missing 5 or 6 of its best players every single night. It's just so frustrating at this point.

I was having so much fun watching this team at the beginning of the season. They had a full roster and they were playing a cohesive brand of hockey. It started with Maatta's cancer announcement, followed by Dupuis' blood clot. Ever since then it's just been a parade of injuries/illnesses to every single key guy on the club.

What really boggles my mind is that they don't even play a particularly physical game when compared to other teams. I'd understand and expect more injuries under a demanding coach like Tortorella, for instance, since apparently he demands his players step in front of shots etc. It really is a strange phenomenon.

I'm curious as to how much we lead the league in injuries by and what teams are 2,3,4,5. Is it a different set of teams in those positions every year with the Pens leading the way each and every year or are there similarly injury prone teams that are in the top five every year?

It's really beyond words. I've never seen anything like it.

Every single ******* year.

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
Dejan had a good line about Sid and to a lesser extent Geno pulling out.

If Gary Bettman wants the league’s stars to promote the sport, maybe the league should do more to protect those stars in the games that matter.

If they're both banged up, there's no incentive for them to participate in the ASG. Sucks to miss a game afterwards, but it's about the long haul.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Yeah, the NHL goes to great lengths to make people hate it. I want to enjoy the best players, not masturbate over injury reports from crosschecks to the necks or whatever it is Rinaldo does.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I hope he's missing the ASG because the league do them no favors. They don't protect their stars let alone the face of the league. It's not even subtle.

I don't think sid or geno would do it intently......but as a fan i'll blame it on that.......maybe the nhl will take the hint.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
I highly doubt he has any injury it all if they're basically suspending him for next week's game. What a crock of **** that is. Dude doesn't want to participate in some silly exhibition game, so the league bans him from an actual, meaningful one. Makes sense...

BobCole

May 21, 2014
i actually think Sid would

Ditto. Let's be reality. Crosby treats the ASG as an optional event. It's a stupid game. The game's best stars don't respect it. I think it sends quite a message when the game's best player consistently doesn't attend. I'm sure Crosby knows that, too.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Seems like Sid has tarnished his legacy forever now, the league will have to hire a goldsmith to put an asterisk next to his name on every trophy, given how big of a deal this is for all the fans. :(

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
Good for Sid and Geno:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Not wishing MAF any ill, but I hope he comes up with a case of the one day mumps.

A complete boycott of the ASG by the pens would be terrific.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
And there's the outrage from the main board, saying how poor of a sport Crosby is for not wanting to go to the ASG. What a surprise.

Players don't play in All-Star games in all sports but, ya know, when it's Crosby he deserves all the "outrage" of not participating.

I'm sure the ones who are complaining are really going to lose sleep over it. :shakehead

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I wont be watching all star weekend. It's pathetically boring. When Pens return, that lineup will be just NASTY. No Letang, Crosby, Malkin, Hornqvist, Comeau....likely another loss. :| Don't think the game will be worth even watching.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
It's not really good for Geno, though, his issues sound way more serious and honestly terrify me a little bit.

So what are these issues that might be a big deal. I read this and thought I missed something and maybe I did but everything I read just seems to suggest an injury that's been lingering. I tend to think of a groin, ankle or some other kind of strain or sprain. Is there something somewhere implying that it could be something major?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad