Injury Report: Vol. 3 (Updates in First Post) | Crosby to Miss ASG, Out "About A Week"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

kgcVCEG.gif

Wolf Without a Howl

97% Mumps Free
Jan 25, 2013
Dude I quit.

Though to be fair the press release said he needs "about a week" to heal, a made missing the WPG game sound like more of a consequence to missing the all-star game then anything.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Players don't want to play in that stupid game. The league needs to get rid of it. Same for the other leagues too.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
OMG, not the ASG????

Please dear God no, take me instead. Just do not let Malkin and Crosby miss the all important ASG.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Huge injuries like this year after year is really starting to test my patience as a fan.

Nobody's to blame, but **** man. I want to cheer for a team where there's a slight chance that most of the best players will be healthy. That sure as hell isn't happening here.

This is where I'm at. I know it's irrational, and I know the injuries are no one's fault. But it's really difficult for me right now to keep my interest in hockey when my team's roster seems to constantly be missing 5 or 6 of its best players every single night. It's just so frustrating at this point.

I was having so much fun watching this team at the beginning of the season. They had a full roster and they were playing a cohesive brand of hockey. It started with Maatta's cancer announcement, followed by Dupuis' blood clot. Ever since then it's just been a parade of injuries/illnesses to every single key guy on the club.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
Huge injuries like this year after year is really starting to test my patience as a fan.

Nobody's to blame, but **** man. I want to cheer for a team where there's a slight chance that most of the best players will be healthy. That sure as hell isn't happening here.

What really boggles my mind is that they don't even play a particularly physical game when compared to other teams. I'd understand and expect more injuries under a demanding coach like Tortorella, for instance, since apparently he demands his players step in front of shots etc. It really is a strange phenomenon.

I'm curious as to how much we lead the league in injuries by and what teams are 2,3,4,5. Is it a different set of teams in those positions every year with the Pens leading the way each and every year or are there similarly injury prone teams that are in the top five every year?

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Great news that Sid will get a week to rest and relax.

Is there a rule that if you miss the all star game you have to miss a game with your team? That's kind of how it sounded when you read it.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
haha I love it. Sid is likely banged up and wants to rest. He can't just skip the all star game and come right back so he will sit out a game or 2 after so the league can't call the team out for him skipping. I see this as a good thing to be honest.

Edit: Oh it actually says as a result he can't play. So maybe the league said "fine you skip our all star game, you have to sit out a game". Either way, I'll take it.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Great news that Sid will get a week to rest and relax.

Is there a rule that if you miss the all star game you have to miss a game with your team? That's kind of how it sounded when you read it.

Probably. A couple Red Wings were suspended for a game for ruling themselves out of the All-Star Game last time around.

Hey, if it's a nagging injury I want him to take the week off.

penguins2946*

He's missing the ASG because it's stupid, and he's missing the next game because of the 1 game suspension for missing the ASG. I have no problem with this, he could use a 6 or so day rest more than anyone.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Probably. A couple Red Wings were suspended for a game for ruling themselves out of the All-Star Game last time around.

Hey, if it's a nagging injury I want him to take the week off.

Yeah, i just saw a tweet that he must miss the first game or he would be subject to a fine, i don't know how much the fine would be, but if Sid really wanted to play i'm sure he could afford the fine.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
He needs a rest but I hope he doesn't miss more than 1 game. Still want him to win the Art.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
That Winnipeg game might be a tough watch, i guess Sutter and Goc will be the top 2 centers for that game.

Great...

Kunitz - Sutter - Perron
Downie - Goc - Bennett
WBS - Spaling - Ebbett
Sill - Arcobello - Adams

Martin - Bortuzzo
Harrington/Pouliot - Ehrhoff
Despres - Scuderi

Fleury/Greiss

There was a tweet saying Rust was injured so idk about him, if he's healthy it's probably him. Maybe Letang is back, hopefully Despres is.

tumblr_inline_mt1vvhgMWe1qz4rgp.gif

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
Why would the Pens give a carp if Rinaldo is suspended at this point? If anything the Flyers are probably better off with him out of the lineup...

I'd love it if there was some way that the team whose player was injured could somehow be compensated but unless they're in a playoff series against each other, the player who caused the injury maybe gets suspended and some other team possibly benefits from that...

Hmm, what if teams got cap space or even a pick from the team that caused the injury -- if Letang is out for a few weeks you transfer 100K in cap space / week from the Flyers to the Pens. If he's out longer maybe the Pens get a Flyers' pick that is proportional to the value of the player who was injured / the duration of the injury... Knock Crosby out for the rest of the season and that's going to cost you your first rounder...

Do it Buttman!

Why wouldn't they care? You don't want to see him pay the biggest price possible? I do. The more he suffers and the more money he loses the happier I am and I'm just a fan. I imagine the people paying Letang and having to ice a team without him probably feel a lot more strongly about his cheap shot than even I do.

Not to mention the number of games he gets this time should affect the number he gets next time. Ideally the NHL neuters him to the point that he's even more useless than he is now and we can watch him fade away into the loser abyss.

penguins2946*

I hope Sid's issue is 1% injury and 99% middle finger to Bettman (and the refs).

No, it's 100% that he doesn't feel like going because the ASG is a waste of time. Though I would like it if it was a middle finger to the refs/Bettman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad