Injury Report: Vol. 3 (Updates in First Post) | Crosby to Miss ASG, Out "About A Week"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
If they really want to stay relevant, they should change the skills competition to subtle hooks, subtle and not-so-subtle cross-checking, how far to divert a dumping/chasing wing without being called for interference, and slashing without breaking the stick.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
If they really want to stay relevant, they should change the skills competition to subtle hooks, subtle and not-so-subtle cross-checking, how far to divert a dumping/chasing wing without being called for interference, and slashing without breaking the stick.

The list of "Allstars" picked for that skills competition would be hilarious. :laugh:

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014

Crosby had attempted to play through the injury the past two weeks.

He is expected to resume skating on tuesday and could return to the lineup either wednesday at washington or friday at new jersey.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
read some of the main board thread on crosby missing the asg... so much willful stupidity. it took some serious willpower not engage in the trolls (at least i hope they are trolls... because i worry about their cognitive abilities if they aren't) :help:

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
read some of the main board thread on crosby missing the asg... so much willful stupidity. it took some serious willpower not engage in the trolls (at least i hope they are trolls... because i worry about their cognitive abilities if they aren't) :help:

It is now apparently the obligation of the Pittsburgh Penguins organization (or their fans, I'm not quite sure) to release factual evidence that he is indeed injured. If they don't do that, it's obviously a lie.
I must say I find it quite entertaining, it has brightened up my day.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
I wanted to see Sid on a line with ovi. That would have been cool. Oh well.

Sid is a competitive guy, I doubt he would miss a regular season game unless he was really hurt. He wants to win the scoring title so every game counts. Does anyone remember the last game of the season where he was trying to pass stamkos so he would be the only with his name on the richard trophy, or when he was trying like crazy to have an eight point night or something crazy like that to catch the sedin for the art Ross?

He wants his trophies so I very much doubt he would miss games unless he hada real injury.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012

He could be in a coma and there would still be a bunch of morons that would vehemently argue that he's faking it and is a disgrace to the sport of hockey. :shakehead:

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Yeah, that thread is full of posters that I have to wonder who ties their shoes for them.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Yeah, seems weird for me too. Probably corticosteroids for an inflammatory reaction of muscle or joint. Most scared of that it is some kind of blood thinners for deep vein thrombosis.

If it was blood thinners he wouldn't be returning so soon, though, right?

Collagen, he wanted younger looking legs. :sarcasm:

What do we think the injections were for? Knee?

Fuller lips, obviously :sarcasm:

No one's said where/what the injection was for, or even what type of injection. I'm actually surprised the Pens released that much info.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
It is now apparently the obligation of the Pittsburgh Penguins organization (or their fans, I'm not quite sure) to release factual evidence that he is indeed injured. If they don't do that, it's obviously a lie.
I must say I find it quite entertaining, it has brightened up my day.

They have to start doing videos like the NHL does for suspensions with point by point analysis and summary at the end.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa

Add a ref division too... The skills can be turning a blind eye to an obvious penalty and creatively making up calls to even up a game

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Fuller lips, obviously :sarcasm:

No one's said where/what the injection was for, or even what type of injection. I'm actually surprised the Pens released that much info.

:laugh: They've probably only released the information because of the potential **** storm Crosby not going created, it definitely hurts their souls to do it.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I highly doubt many of the all-star players attending have to take injections just to play right now.

It's funny how his haters will jump to, "he's not hurt! he's just being a baby! he should suck it up! he hates his fans!".

When the evidence points to the exact opposite. He plays through injuries constantly, and is one of the nicest stars off the ice dealing with his fans.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Gretzky plating in every all star game, every Canada cup and going deep into the playoffs most years becomes more amazing everytime I see stars that dont do it.

The league was very different back then.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I really don't care if any of the Pens are in the all star game, it's a voted in circle jerk for fan bases to see who they can get in, teams have a representative, it's a "let's include at least 1 player from every team" participation game of shinny and stupid skills competitions that apparently means whomever is there is the best of the best at what they do, the absurdity of the records set in that are idiotic.

I hope Sid & Geno always have an "injury" of some sort, whether real or made up, just to skip the bull **** that is the All Star Game. For Fleury, well..have fun, I hope he doesn't get scored on so much that he comes back rattled. I hope he has fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->